• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raise you hands if your buying this badass soundtrack? 🙌

tumblr_mbhspzE7jk1ror6v2.gif

purg3

slept with Malkin
One more hour of work, then off to pick up some groceries and supplies for the next few days (ie terrible food and drinks) and do some last minute glimmer grinding before the midnight sale.

Looking to set up a late night Blind raid on Friday starting at 10 PM PST

Will probably run about 4 hours, haven't seen anyone available at this time slot.

Guys am I stupid or something? I just tried going to Gamestop (there's your problem.jpg) to trade in an old copy of Destiny for $20 towards the Taken King thing. Took the guy 15 minutes to bring all the info up when it's on the front page and it says yes, you can do this, from 9/12 - 9/21 so he goes and scans all my games in, Destiny comes up as 9 bucks, not 20. So I ask him and he goes "Uuuuuuuuh I donno, lemme call my boss" and gets his manager on the line. Guy says that it only applies AFTER the game has come out, on September 15th, but the website says otherwise.

"*Offer valid through 9/21/15. Credit must be applied toward the purchase of Destiny: The Taken King. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value."

So he just cancels out the entire transaction and gives me my games back and says have a nice day.

Guys am I stupid or something? I just tried going to Gamestop (there's your problem.jpg) to trade in an old copy of Destiny for $20 towards the Taken King thing. Took the guy 15 minutes to bring all the info up when it's on the front page and it says yes, you can do this, from 9/12 - 9/21 so he goes and scans all my games in, Destiny comes up as 9 bucks, not 20. So I ask him and he goes "Uuuuuuuuh I donno, lemme call my boss" and gets his manager on the line. Guy says that it only applies AFTER the game has come out, on September 15th, but the website says otherwise.

"*Offer valid through 9/21/15. Credit must be applied toward the purchase of Destiny: The Taken King. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value."

So he just cancels out the entire transaction and gives me my games back and says have a nice day.

^^^
Times when you don't take no for an answer.

Hmmm if I were them. I would've just given you the money.

But there might be issues on the back end that they can't help.

matmanx1

were you year 1 triumph? my buddy was and deleted an alt but it was counting that ones chests.

might want to check.

Nah, that character had done the first two missions only. I'm good, but thanks for the warning!

Mine was already delivered.

Based digital.

Preach it, brutha!

Kinda tempted to just buy the TTK + CE goodies bundle on PS4 and then just sell the physical CE when I get it...

*grumble*

*One of us!*

I mean, I checked the website stuff and everything, he even confirmed YES this is going towards a preorder at your store, for the correct game.
IDK honestly. Try tomorrow?
Like I said. If I were them I would've just given you the amount in cash(even tho It says you can't) and then automatically put it towards the game.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

so like

how can it be "9/12-9/21" if it only applies starting on 9/15

12 Hours Remain.

Wish they'd put it up at a more reasonable time though. I've been taking naps all day so I can stay up at least until 7 am, just to play it a little bit.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

It sounds like the problem is definitely that he was scanning in games, including Destiny for basic trade-in value, instead of using a specific code for "Destiny: The Taken King Trade-in Promotion" or something labelled similarly. The fact that he quoted you "9 bucks" at all in the first place shows that he was in fact scanning the game in as a cash/credit trade.

He (or the system) may have been tripped up by the fact that, from the sound of things, you brought in multiple games to trade in

jaaz

So am I correct in understanding that if you originally bought a Destiny physical disk copy, and now upgrade to the digital TTK Legendary or Collectors Edition edition through the PSN store, that you will no longer need your original Destiny disk in your PS4 to play the game?

If this is correct, does the physical copy TTK Legendary or Collectors edition also include a digital code that you can use to avoid having to keep the physical disk in your machine (like the PS4 special TTK edition does)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom