• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, boys. Level 21 warlock looking to find a group for tonight. I just want to m putz around, level up a bit before TTK drops tmrw.

Ps4 Username: Blatt

HMD

Was it confirmed if aa current methods of earning marks will give legendary marks instead, and if so will those public event packages dish out 2 marks per package tomorrow :)

Story missions should also give us some marks, I'm buying an exotic gun and armour before King's Fall, and I'm gonna need those story missions to give me some marks.

Timepiece > Everything. And with that free slot you can equip the almighty Truth or Drizzaylord.

Just want to say that I agree 100% with this. I use Icebreaker though as exotic, ridiculous aim assist and never having to pick up special :)

I said this long ago, in an OT far far away, and you all laughed at me.
Now look at you.

I remember Phenom saying it even before that. We all thought he was joking as he normally is.

EL CUCO

I don't think I can make it ;_;

I still haven't decided if I want the $20 pack or not D:
I have to work tomorrow, so I'll probably be up at 5:00am EST just before I start getting ready for work and play a few missions.

I'm on the same boat as you on the collectors items.

Trace

Banned
I have to work tomorrow, so I'll probably be up at 5:00am EST just before I start getting ready for work and play a few missions.

I'm on the same boat as you on the collectors items.

Well we all need to max our shit and be ready for King's Fall on Friday so gotta go hard on that I guess :p Will probably buy the items assuming they come out before I start playing tomorrow morning.

shouldn't oversoul edict then wreck too? i haven't tried either of them, but they have almost the same stats (PT has a little more stability, OE has a little more range). the big difference is that PT has headseeker and OE has a useless pve perk, but isn't headseeker supposed to suck anyways?

lol all this pulse talk. I was using pulse rifles before 2.0 and now post 2.0 I love TLW. I'll take my chances against anything close range with that thing now. Hip firing all day is really fun and if you can get headshots you can drop fools in 2 shots in hip fire.

Oh man rubenov i joined you but i just realized i have to go do something now. It will take me 30 minutes so if you are up for it later just invite me.

zewone

I haven't followed the thread much lately (trying to avoid spoilers), but have people discussed how much Bungie screwed up sniping with 2.0?

They made it way easier (higher AA). There was definitely no reason to do that. This is in regards to PVP.

Shito

first we have to lock you in a dark room, strap you to a chair and beat you with a wet noodle

i don't remember what happened after that but i woke up with my left sock missing.
Don't forget the part where he has to participate in the weekly food talks...

I haven't followed the thread much lately (trying to avoid spoilers), but have people discussed how much Bungie screwed up sniping with 2.0?

They made it way easier (higher AA). There was definitely no reason to do that. This is in regards to PVP.

yeah. once the shotguns inevitably get nerfed again, there's going to be a sniper problem.

Lnkn52

I guess trying to force people to use less shotguns.

shouldn't oversoul edict then wreck too? i haven't tried either of them, but they have almost the same stats (PT has a little more stability, OE has a little more range). the big difference is that PT has headseeker and OE has a useless pve perk, but isn't headseeker supposed to suck anyways?

Headseeker is good if you don't have max stability, but some people use it wrong. The idea shouldn't be to do a body shot then bonus headshots. You should always aim for the head and headseeker will help you catch up if a couple shots hit torso instead of head.

yea it definitely went up. sniping is way too easy now.

on that note, i'm eagerly anticipating the Pulse Rifle nerf. These things are fire and forget. Way too easy to use for how much they destroy now.

zewone

OE is awesome because it has full auto.

PT is better because it has two PVP related perks. Headseeker provides extra damage, which is never a bad thing. Secret Round gives you free ammo if you land all 3 shots in a burst. So basically it turns 33 shots from 11 bursts to 16.5 bursts per clip, which is a ton of kills without having to reload.

If you have a Hori controller, you got your full auto anyways, but even without full auto, PT > OE.

Headseeker is good if you don't have max stability, but some people use it wrong. The idea shouldn't be to do a body shot then bonus headshots. You should always aim for the head and headseeker will help you catch up if a couple shots hit torso instead of head.

Exactly. Head seeker is a safety net. You shouldn't seek to proc it.

taco543

100 engrams in the vault, all characters full on bounties, all quests in tact, 50 focused lights, exotic class items ready, daily events full, 1000 heavy ammo synth in the vault, and maxxed out on marks on all characters so I'm gunna get as many commendations as possible. I'd say I should hit level 40 an hour in to taken king...

todd360

I already have a Timepiece. Ahead of the curve. 😎

I think I ended up deleting mine because vault space and pulse rifles being shit back then. Only got one drop in countless VOG runs. Its almost as rare as the fusion rifle. We need some smart loot up in there.

Messiek

Did some bounties and a public event for 1 package.
I'm so ready for tomorrow!

The hype has never been more real!

Edit: Top of the page
Remember your origin, Guardians!
fromthemoon.0.jpg

OE is awesome because it has full auto.

PT is better because it has two PVP related perks. Headseeker provides extra damage, which is never a bad thing. Secret Round gives you free ammo if you land all 3 shots in a burst. So basically it turns 33 shots from 11 bursts to 16.5 bursts per clip, which is a ton of kills without having to reload.

If you have a Hori controller, you got your full auto anyways, but even without full auto, PT > OE.

oohh, i thought the timepiece was full auto too.

now i wish i didn't shard my skorri's revenge a few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom