• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
100 engrams in the vault, all characters full on bounties, all quests in tact, 50 focused lights, exotic class items ready, daily events full, 1000 heavy ammo synth in the vault, and maxxed out on marks on all characters so I'm gunna get as many commendations as possible. I'd say I should hit level 40 an hour in to taken king...

i feel like im crazy for having no impulse to do things that way

and i friggin LOVE this game

but

iunno

Sullichin

100 engrams in the vault, all characters full on bounties, all quests in tact, 50 focused lights, exotic class items ready, daily events full, 1000 heavy ammo synth in the vault, and maxxed out on marks on all characters so I'm gunna get as many commendations as possible. I'd say I should hit level 40 an hour in to taken king...

It's no wonder they add so many new currencies and change stuff up with each expansion. People hoard so much. This is crazy! 50 focused lights!??!

So, I'm still using my secret handshake shotgun from like 8 months ago.
Are there any good newer shotguns in the game now I can get easy, maybe from vendors?
Or how does that whole reforging thing work now? When I stopped playing you could only reforge Iron Banner stuff at the Iron Banner guy.

NastyBook

Anyone else here get grand commander? No? OK ��
QiP6yJC.jpg

In another life I'm also a "Hardscoper." *>__^*

first we have to lock you in a dark room, strap you to a chair and beat you with a wet noodle

i don't remember what happened after that but i woke up with my left sock missing.

My right sock was missing. We need to find the person with a pair of mismatched socks. They'll be able to tell us what happened.

Frenden

Banned
I have a Timepiece, but Red Death has been the total MVP for me. I want to get good with a primary that will be useable in endgame, power level enabled PvP content. I don't want to feel gimped by not having the weapon I use most be excluded.

Same reason I'm skipping MIDA.

It sounds like the problem is definitely that he was scanning in games, including Destiny for basic trade-in value, instead of using a specific code for "Destiny: The Taken King Trade-in Promotion" or something labelled similarly. The fact that he quoted you "9 bucks" at all in the first place shows that he was in fact scanning the game in as a cash/credit trade.

He (or the system) may have been tripped up by the fact that, from the sound of things, you brought in multiple games to trade in

I explained to him before even scanning the games that I was there for the 20$ credit promotion for the taken king thing, and he looked it up and everything.

zewone

I have a Timepiece, but Red Death has been the total MVP for me. I want to get good with a primary that will be useable in endgame, power level enabled PvP content. I don't want to feel gimped by not having the weapon I use most be excluded.

Same reason I'm skipping MIDA.

Those are good reasons.

I'm hoping Jade Rabbit AKA Fate of all Fools is my new go to.

Guys, like Kyoufu said, wait until you unlock your new subclass to cash in the bounties. The new story missions should put us at 40 by the time they are done.

rNilla

The trailer really did give me the most lame stat ever though

Should've played more

Mine was 172m. It also decided to include my two flawless runs. Yes, all two of them.

I guarantee I have dozens of PVE stats that are more interesting.

EDIT: Wait, I only went to Mercury once. I guess it's counting my 9-1?

Neat, I didn't notice how the perk on the Hakke pulse rifle, "increase motion tracker resolution after kills" makes chests and resource nodes appear on your radar.

FinKL

Guys, like Kyoufu said, wait until you unlock your new subclass to cash in the bounties. The new story missions should put us at 40 by the time they are done.

What about hitting level 40 first before doing the rest of the story? You'll be able to do the story missions for the first time on "heroic" difficulty which should up the XP/rewards for finishing it. As I recall, you can't redo a story mission for rewards once you've done it for the first time. Shouldn't be that hard to get to 40 I think

Klyka

Banned
I am reading the new grimoire cards.

My eyes are open and I can see.
I have eyes on the inside of my skull and my insight levels are 99

This shit is crazy.

Based Bungie.

GhaleonEB

When TTK is released, please shift discussion about it over to the OT on the Gaming forum, once it releases, at least for a short time after it's out. The plan was always to have both this thread and the OT open in tandem, the main argument for which was that this thread serves as an LFG/grouping up purpose that would get buried in a rapidly moving OT. But despite being posted at about the same time this thread has gotten ~5x the posts and discussion has been slow on the OT despite being on the main forum; it's pretty clear the bulk of DestinyGAF prefers to stay in the comforts of the Community thread. Right now there's a split where a large number of new / returning players are in the OT while most of the regulars are huddled up in here. Can't blame ya, but I think the OT discussion would be much healthier if more experienced members were posting there.

I suggest using this thread for primarily LFG/grouping up discussion, which was the main reason it was left open when the OT was posted. To be clear, not requiring anything, but I strongly encourage folks to participate in the OT. If for nothing else than because Zoba poured his heart and soul into one mother or an OP. :p

zewone

I am reading the new grimoire cards.

My eyes are open and I can see.
I have eyes on the inside of my skull and my insight levels are 99

This shit is crazy.

Based Bungie.

You have a link to the new grimoire? I read the TLW 4 and Thorn 4 on Kotaku which were very good.

todd360

QiP6yJC.jpg

In another life I'm also a "Hardscoper." *>__^*

Lol your a commander and a captain.

#ToddWasRight is going to get a lot of use tomorrow once you guys throw out your beloved old pulse rifles for new guns.

Random enlightened sheeple: Why would I use this pulse rifle in crucible when I can use this cooler and more powerful *insert gun here*?

Ganhyun

friends wanted me to get this and pick Destiny back up. (I have friends on XB1 and 360 that play this.)

I tried the update. Seemed ok, PVP obviously is still a weak point (red barring guy killed everyone and scored around 6k points).

Was gonna get it on 360 and do the upgrade for the XB1 to play with both groups. Found out you cannot do that anymore. Both groups want me to buy it and play with them. Solution? Not buy it on either and play other games instead so there is no favoritism displayed.

(not paying for it twice)

todd360

friends wanted me to get this and pick Destiny back up. (I have friends on XB1 and 360 that play this.)

I tried the update. Seemed ok, PVP obviously is still a weak point (red barring guy killed everyone and scored around 6k points).

Was gonna get it on 360 and do the upgrade for the XB1 to play with both groups. Found out you cannot do that anymore. Both groups want me to buy it and play with them. Solution? Not buy it on either and play other games instead so there is no favoritism displayed.

(not paying for it twice)

Solution is telling your 360 friends to get with the times and upgrade.
to a ps4 preferably

TyrantII

When TTK is released, please shift discussion about it over to the OT on the Gaming forum, once it releases, at least for a short time after it's out. The plan was always to have both this thread and the OT open in tandem, the main argument for which was that this thread serves as an LFG/grouping up purpose that would get buried in a rapidly moving OT. But despite being posted at about the same time this thread has gotten ~5x the posts and discussion has been slow on the OT despite being on the main forum; it's pretty clear the bulk of DestinyGAF prefers to stay in the comforts of the Community thread. Right now there's a split where a large number of new / returning players are in the OT while most of the regulars are huddled up in here. Can't blame ya, but I think the OT discussion would be much healthier if more experienced members were posting there.

I suggest using this thread for primarily LFG/grouping up discussion, which was the main reason it was left open when the OT was posted. To be clear, not requiring anything, but I strongly encourage folks to participate in the OT. If for nothing else than because Zoba poured his heart and soul into one mother or an OP. :p

Orders understood, see you in the field Guardian.

taco543

i feel like im crazy for having no impulse to do things that way

and i friggin LOVE this game

but

iunno
Yeah I never did this with the other dlcs but I feel like I may have gone a little overboard with this...
It's no wonder they add so many new currencies and change stuff up with each expansion. People hoard so much. This is crazy! 50 focused lights!??!
And hell yeah 50!!! *insert red bull ad here*

I'm telling you that the Hive just become a lot deeper to me than "some zombie dudes who want to kill shit"

I think at this point it's probably safe to say without doing much reading of the new stuff that

Speculation/Potential Spoilers:
The Traveler is evil as shit and has ruined all of these different species and made them hostile and we are next. The queen will lead us in a war against both the darkness and the Speakers private army of devoted guardians and robots

Frenden

Banned
Side note, I think High Caliber rounds might have gotten a flinch buff. I switched to them after noticing a Red Death user was tossing my viewport all over the place with them in his loadout.

The added potential flinch helps win some otherwise evenly matched encounters IMO.

I see a lot of high level players opting for Snapshot or Single Point Sling (the latter more often with shotgun builds and frequent weapons swaps), but I've had really good luck with HCR post 2.0.

Could just be placebo, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom