• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klyka

Banned
I think at this point it's probably safe to say without doing much reading of the new stuff that

Speculation/Potential Spoilers:
The Traveler is evil as shit and has ruined all of these different species and made them hostile and we are next. The queen will lead us in a war against both the darkness and the Speakers private army of devoted guardians and robots

There is a grimoire card called
wormfood

Read it.

Ganhyun

Solution is telling your 360 friends to get with the times and upgrade.
to a ps4 preferably

To be fair I really can't as three of them planned to have XB1s by now, but do not due to some unforeseen medical bills for two of them and the third being family, helping them out. (they are getting TTK as a gift basically for others)

When TTK is released, please shift discussion about it over to the OT on the Gaming forum, once it releases, at least for a short time after it's out. The plan was always to have both this thread and the OT open in tandem, the main argument for which was that this thread serves as an LFG/grouping up purpose that would get buried in a rapidly moving OT. But despite being posted at about the same time this thread has gotten ~5x the posts and discussion has been slow on the OT despite being on the main forum; it's pretty clear the bulk of DestinyGAF prefers to stay in the comforts of the Community thread. Right now there's a split where a large number of new / returning players are in the OT while most of the regulars are huddled up in here. Can't blame ya, but I think the OT discussion would be much healthier if more experienced members were posting there.

I suggest using this thread for primarily LFG/grouping up discussion, which was the main reason it was left open when the OT was posted. To be clear, not requiring anything, but I strongly encourage folks to participate in the OT. If for nothing else than because Zoba poured his heart and soul into one mother or an OP. :p

Making the transition back is gonna be like:

x3HZBHA.jpg

Going to sleep at 10. Getting up at 2:55 for Sony's TGS press conference. Probably stay up until reset and go on from there.

Keep forgetting about the press conference. Hoping for some Persona 5 news. That's the only game that would be able to drag me away from Destiny.

todd360

To be fair I really can't as three of them planned to have XB1s by now, but do not due to some unforeseen medical bills for two of them and the third being family, helping them out. (they are getting TTK as a gift basically for others)

Hope things work out for them. Medical bills are never a good thing.

Kyoufu

When TTK is released, please shift discussion about it over to the OT on the Gaming forum, once it releases, at least for a short time after it's out. The plan was always to have both this thread and the OT open in tandem, the main argument for which was that this thread serves as an LFG/grouping up purpose that would get buried in a rapidly moving OT. But despite being posted at about the same time this thread has gotten ~5x the posts and discussion has been slow on the OT despite being on the main forum; it's pretty clear the bulk of DestinyGAF prefers to stay in the comforts of the Community thread. Right now there's a split where a large number of new / returning players are in the OT while most of the regulars are huddled up in here. Can't blame ya, but I think the OT discussion would be much healthier if more experienced members were posting there.

I suggest using this thread for primarily LFG/grouping up discussion, which was the main reason it was left open when the OT was posted. To be clear, not requiring anything, but I strongly encourage folks to participate in the OT. If for nothing else than because Zoba poured his heart and soul into one mother or an OP. :p

Two threads for the same topic is always, ALWAYS a bad idea. We should just lock this thread and move to the OT on Gaming side otherwise nothing will change :p

If we use this for LFG then nothing will change, trust me.

DNAbro

Keep forgetting about the press conference. Hoping for some Persona 5 news. That's the only game that would be able to drag me away from Destiny.

Really hoping it's shown and not held till the Persona show later in the week. I will just rewatch whatever trailer is released from 4:30 to 5 after that.

so basically, the Destiny Legend takes the data of the thing you have done the most and compiles it in

so if by chance you always farm the same enemies than you get that stuck onto your character's Legend.

my Hunter was my least used in PvE so I totally got a different Legend for him than my other two more PvE centric characters, I take out my Hunter mostly for PvP shenanigans.

Sane_Man

When I click on my taken king preorder on psn it says playable in 5 hours 39. Is this when I can start playing the new story missions etc.

GhaleonEB

Two threads for the same topic is always, ALWAYS a bad idea. We should just lock this thread and move to the OT on Gaming side otherwise nothing will change :p

My only worry is the LFG / raid grouping efforts will be hurt by this, but if you find this thread locked in a day or two (temporarily), we can all blame you. :p

Deku Tree

Lock Hawks OT with the LS title? GASP!

I disagree. We haven't had anything like Destiny's expansion model before on consoles.

I'd rather have a launch thread in gaming for expansions and leave this Community thread here for new and old people to keep discussing the game as they have been.

GhaleonEB

Lock Hawks OT with the LS title? GASP!

I disagree. We haven't had anything like Destiny's expansion model before on consoles.

I'd rather have a launch thread in gaming for expansions and leave this Community thread here for new and old people to keep discussing the game as they have been.

I think this can work out fine. The only problem I've noted so far is lots of new / returning folks asking lots of questions, and relatively few regulars there to answer them. People are getting answers just more slowly and without the kind of discussion we usually see here for big releases. Obviously we're not going direct folks to the community thread for questions about a major new release, so I suggested the opposite. I'll drop it now and we'll see how things go over the next few days.

I gotta go back to plugging away at work now. One upside to being busy is the release is really barreling down fast now. Woo!

Frenden

Banned
I'm about half way through the new
Books of Sorrow
Grimoire. Holy shit, y'all.
A lot of what we assumed about the Hive is true, but there's a sadder back story to their turn as worm-hosts than I would've expected.

Worth reading!

Klyka

Banned
I'm about half way through the new
Books of Sorrow
Grimoire. Holy shit, y'all.
A lot of what we assumed about the Hive is true, but there's a sadder back story to their turn as worm-hosts than I would've expected.

Worth reading!

Big spoilers:

I will never look at the Traveler in the same way again

Eyeron

About to fire up the evening Skolas Schools in 20 minutes. Are there still first timers around looking for last minute Triumphs?

Me!

I won't be home for another 2 hours, though.

Edit: wife just texted me with Costco shopping list. FML. I'll shoot you a message later if you're on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom