• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about half way through the new
Books of Sorrow
Grimoire. Holy shit, y'all.
A lot of what we assumed about the Hive is true, but there's a sadder back story to their turn as worm-hosts than I would've expected.

Worth reading!

Can i get a link pf where i can read this?

Check the other OT, Kiri needs help.

Read another thread on Gaf? Doesn't sound like my thing. :-/

Lock Hawks OT with the LS title? GASP!

I disagree. We haven't had anything like Destiny's expansion model before on consoles.

I'd rather have a launch thread in gaming for expansions and leave this Community thread here for new and old people to keep discussing the game as they have been.

Yeah I agree w this. I don't really get why we'd lock this thread but I can mosey over to the other one if we're trying to help newer players.

Hey everyone,

I mentioned this a few pages back but I think it got buried.

I want to get into Destiny for the first time with The Taken King. However, I am concerned about my Internet. We moved to DSL to save money. The maximum Mbps DSL gets is 5, so right now, I am getting about 4.75 Mbps upload with a 16 Ping and a 1.0ish download.

I am able to connect to WiFi with my Xbox One but I am worried I won't have enough strength to maintain my connection. Do you think my above numbers are enough?

Thanks, DestinyGAF.

Dave_6

No luck on getting mine from Gamestop tonight. Tomorrow morning at 10 is the earliest for me :/

Damn me for wanting physical copies of stuff...

Hey everyone,

I want to get into Destiny for the first time with The Taken King. However, I am concerned about my Internet. We moved to DSL to save money. The maximum Mbps DSL gets is 5, so right now, I am getting about 4.75 Mbps upload with a 16 Ping and a 1.0ish download.

I am able to connect to WiFi with my Xbox One but I am worried I won't have enough strength to maintain my connection. Do you think my above numbers are enough?

Thanks, DestinyGAF.

Yes, they are fine.

11200812_951265911578347_9169795346124827721_n.jpg

Dang looks even better than revenant.

Xbox One. At Skolas and the third player dropped. Anyone want to help? PM me.

Edit: Second guy offered to back out if need be. So if two of people want to that works. I need to beat him to get my year one.

Hey everyone,

Thanks, DestinyGAF.

More than enough. Getting disconnects is usually Bungie's fault.

edit: lttp

>Kill 15 enemies with attachable grenades

"Oh this wont be that bad. I'll just wake the hive and throw a tripmine into the pit and it'll kill like 7 Hive."

*throws trip mine, kills hive*
*checks bounty progress*
*1/15 completed*

tumblr_m72jfhZibL1rsy50k.gif

*abandons bounty*

Klyka

Banned
Are you talking about the implication that Rasputin attacked the Traveller to stop her from leaving Humans like she left the Fallen?

The book of sorrows makes it very clear there are multitudes of Travelers and they are agents (parasitic agents at that!) of "The Sky" which I guess is "The Light". But yes, also the Rasputin bit.

>Kill 15 enemies with attachable grenades

"Oh this wont be that bad. I'll just wake the hive and throw a tripmine into the pit and it'll kill like 7 Hive."

*throws trip mine, kills hive*
*checks bounty progress*
*1/15 completed*

tumblr_m72jfhZibL1rsy50k.gif

*abandons bounty*

I did exactly the same thing... Fucking stupid bounty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom