• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
>Kill 15 enemies with attachable grenades

"Oh this wont be that bad. I'll just wake the hive and throw a tripmine into the pit and it'll kill like 7 Hive."

*throws trip mine, kills hive*
*checks bounty progress*
*1/15 completed*

tumblr_m72jfhZibL1rsy50k.gif

*abandons bounty*

It only counts the enemy you actually stick. Still easy bounty for a sunsinger. :)

Aaand, yay, gamestop shipped my CE. I was under the assumption I'd be playing wednesday, but now it looks like it might actually be here tomorrow. Excite! And a vanilla Limited Edition will be arriving over the weekend to truly start my collection. I'm going all out gonna start getting all the LEs so I can have a pretty shelf in honor of my go-to game. Other games are coming out? Oh well, money questionably spent.

Tjamato88

I have a couple of hours to finish my triumphs right? I need to do HM VoG, HM Crota, Skolas and find all the golden chests! Can I do it?

I'm about half way through the new
Books of Sorrow
Grimoire. Holy shit, y'all.
A lot of what we assumed about the Hive is true, but there's a sadder back story to their turn as worm-hosts than I would've expected.

Worth reading!

I'm reading but I don't understand what the hell is going on.

Sounds good. My PSN is Garryk03.

I have all 3 of the raid parts to do for the Moments of Triumph and it's sad because I feel as though if I really wanted to, I could still somehow get it done. The thing is that I've never raided in this game and am super anxious about it and always have been. Don't wanna eff people's good time up for being not the greatest at this game. :(

Signing in if you still need one

Wish I was home - I only need this kill to finish my year one stuff.

If you plan on doing more after this one, can I join you for the next one?

Me!

I won't be home for another 2 hours, though.

Edit: wife just texted me with Costco shopping list. FML. I'll shoot you a message later if you're on.

all I have left for moments of triumph is Skolas, but ehhhhhhhhhhhh

Current run is full but I can keep doing more tonight. I should be good for at least 3-4, maybe more depending on how much interest there is.

Unfortunately we got this game world reboot nonsense so I don't think we can start quite yet considering PoE DOESN'T HAVE CHECK POINTS.

X-Frame

The Ravensteel Sparrow has 160 Speed vs. 150 Speed for the Timebreaker/Tumbler, but it has much less boost than the Timebreaker and less durability than the Timebreaker as well.

It does have more boost and durability than the Tumbler though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah I agree w this. I don't really get why we'd lock this thread but I can mosey over to the other one if we're trying to help newer players.
I definitely plan to monitor that thread and send out lots of PMs for people whose responess might get lost in the shuffle, but wasn't planning to start til tomorrow. I guess it would've been wise of me to start following it earlier but I had just figured it was serving mostly as a hype thread until the actual release. Darn. Ghaleon's right that Zoba poured a gigantic amount of effort into the thread however and it deserves to be active, and I think it serves as a perfect jumping-in point for new players and especially those who have actively avoided the game for specific reasons that have been addressed by the update.

I just hope it isn't a controversion of policy to invite new players from gaming side over to this/these threads, especially longer-term. I personally don't see it as an insular place at all and there are tons of helpful players frequenting this thread that only access it via subscriptions. Plus hyperbole aside there really is a lot more to the game than The Taken King; I'm going to keep doing newbie raids and so forth and it doesn't feel like that kind of thing really belongs in the "TTK Release OT" when it's talking about content up to a year old, even though it's specifically intended for new players.

Daemul

The book of sorrows makes it very clear there are multitudes of Travelers and they are agents (parasitic agents at that!) of "The Sky" which I guess is "The Light". But yes, also the Rasputin bit.

giphy.gif

I just read that. Oh lawdy Lord.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is Old Guard something Eva Levante's got?

Also speaking of newbie raids:

(CLICK HERE)

PS4 - Thursday, September 17th, 2015 - Vault of Glass Newbie Raid
  • 9:00PM ET - 8:00 PM CT - 6:00PM PT - 2:00 AM Friday BST
  • Minimum Level is 26 for Vault of Glass and 29 for Crota's End.
  • These are specifically geared for first-timers, and all encounters are fully explained for all roles, along with overall raid tips (and maybe even a tiny bit of lore). However, those who have run the raid before and even veterans are welcome if you feel like joining and can be patient with the truebies.
  • First come first serve. If you filled out the form completely and submitted it, your spot is reserved. The form shuts down automatically when the group is full.
  • If you wish to be an alternate, want to help but don't want to take a spot right away, or otherwise want to be kept in mind for the group just send me a PM on GAF or a PSN message.
3 spots remaining.

Klyka

Banned
giphy.gif

I just read that. Oh lawdy Lord.

Holy shit when the
Book of Sorrows suddenly goes from "ye olde Hive" to "yo oryx, roll up your sleeves" it just becomes even more amazing. Also fucking Vex making a "Blade Mind" that uses Hive worms???? And hol shit the Hive have holidays????? WTFFFFF Bungie!

Current run is full but I can keep doing more tonight. I should be good for at least 3-4, maybe more depending on how much interest there is.

Unfortunately we got this game world reboot nonsense so I don't think we can start quite yet considering PoE DOESN'T HAVE CHECK POINTS.
Count me in for the Skolas crew. The only moment of triumph I have left!

Zoidberg

>Kill 15 enemies with attachable grenades

"Oh this wont be that bad. I'll just wake the hive and throw a tripmine into the pit and it'll kill like 7 Hive."

*throws trip mine, kills hive*
*checks bounty progress*
*1/15 completed*

tumblr_m72jfhZibL1rsy50k.gif

*abandons bounty*

Yep, all the new bounties have been great so far except that one. It only counts the one you stick...

noomi

Ok this new shader looks great.... Better than revenant....

Alsobthe sparrow looks beautiful. Very happy with these VIP rewards :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Are people really going to do VoG on Thursday? lol.
Well I am, and two newbies have already signed up. If no one else is interested then it won't happen. But there are people who have never experienced it and there people who are just leveling up through the initial content for the first time now and hell there are plenty of people who won't even have their copy of TTK under after thursday. No need to mock, lol

Kyoufu

Well I am, and two newbies have already signed up. If no one else is interested then it won't happen. But there are people who have never experienced it and there people who are just leveling up through the initial content for the first time now and hell there are plenty of people who won't even have their copy of TTK under after thursday. No need to mock, lol

Not mocking, but it's the last thing I expected to see during launch week of TTK :p

Will be interesting to do it with new gear at 40 though.

What's the best and fastest way to level if I hit 21 and have completed the story? I have TTK coming tmrw, but just need something "highly efficient" to play tonight. Keep in mind I didn't buy either expansion.

Truant

So let me get this right...

(From the Book of Sorrows)

- Most Hive live ten years, at least the females. Not exactly sure if these are human years.

- The story is about three Hive princesses / sisters who escape their kingdom after their father dies of madness, having witnessed SOMETHING turning the outer planets/moons against their world so that the crazy metal oceans will drown everyone. Right now they've found some crazy ancient ship/boat that allows them to go underground/underwater.

- Hive were seeded on their "home" planet

- The "evil" Hive we see in the game is due to some weird parasitic worm gods that waited for centuries to find new hosts? Worm gods promised eternal life in exchange for Hive hosts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom