• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally have time to try 2.0 sorry if im behind but why cant i do any strikes above lvl 20?

Also i thought the exotic bluprints would be applied retroactively to all exotics you've found?

Shito

Also, if others haven't noticed, the Radar perk on the Hakke Pulse Rifle also shows you chests and materials within range.
It also has a better "definition" on it, with smaller segments to show the direction in which the enemies are.
Can't wait to get this perk on a better primary than this one. ^^

El-Suave

Is it worth levelling my unused exotics i.e. Invective that carry into year two this week - or do we have to buy a blank year 2 version next week and the investments made this week are useless?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You know what I love most about the new bounties? I can finish them all in one single fucking game.

Every other week would be a suitable compromise to me. I agree that it was largely responsible for the replayability with House of Wolves, but I'm burnt out on it after all those months. And I only played it for a few weekends, so I can only imagine how people like Unstable are feeling after helping others week after week.

I'm looking forward to this weekend in part because Trials will be unavailable, and I hope it stays that way until next year. Beforehand, I felt like if I were to log onto Destiny during the weekend, I'd have to play Trials. It wasn't a matter of me being asked to help people, which I didn't necessarily have a problem with (until it conflicted with real life). Rather, it appeared to have such a tremendous presence over the game during the weekends and it made me anxious.

Iron Banner is a one-week event and everybody hops on the train for a few days to rage at lag and rank up to buy the next OP weapon. It's competitive and has always been a mess, but to that end it feels more relaxed. Like I can play with my friends at my leisure and laugh at dumb shit.

Trials doesn't have that to me unless i'm playing blowout matches and go into auto pilot.

I think Trials really upped the stakes for everyone, and that increases both the good and bad feelings that people get when playing this game.

As a scrub PvP player I tried to ignore the lure of Mercury but reading these OT's and people going week after week really sucked me back into thinking about it all the time....so then it was driving me a bit crazy that I knew I couldn't really get there...but i was also glad that good players got something special...so a double edged sword!

I guess they made it weekly as they wanted fireteams to "bond" and get to know each others styles and make progress as a team, getting a bit further each week. Plus I'm sure if it was less frequent some of the internet would complain that there wasn't enough time to practice :)

If elimination is in permanently now then I think some of that goes away and they could make Trials every 2 weeks or even every 4 weeks (spaced two weeks apart from the iron banner events).

nOoblet16

I always wonder WHY Bungie felt the urge to nerf certain Exotics to shit though. I mean .. Thorn could be countered just by removing that insane high tick damage and drop the range. TLW had a bugged perk that would let you hit 120+ damage shots. Yet, range wasn't an issue here. It was a great weapon for up close. Hell, playing Trials of Osiris and going up against a team of Thorns while using TLW gave me a real pleasure wasting opponents.

Now that I'm reading into these TLW/Hawkmoon/Thorn things I ... I don't really know what to think. Most of the players report that Bungie really crapped on handcannons and I wonder why. There were 2 of the HC's that ruined the "fun". Why not just edit those two and leave the rest as is?
It wasn't 120+, it was 111 and 99 without aggressive ballistics.

The thing is the range on TLW was quite high for the stat it showed. When used with controlled taps you could get insane range that you technically should be having. They needed it down considerably but I think the reason why most people are having difficult with that gun now is because soft ballistics doesn't do as much damage...because you really can get full damage at medium range with soft ballistics but it's not as much as aggressive before patch. Plus the fact that the bonus doesn't pop up while ADS now (which most people started to get used to, the bonus would process even on body shots). If you look at any TLW ga.eplay video, a large majority of the kills would be ADS fore at medium range and people didn't use hip fire for anything more than close range.

In short the lack of aggressive ballistics and the hip fire bonus glitch is more responsible for the current opinion of people on TLW than the range nerf because you can still get full medium range damage if you use soft ballistics.

Kyoufu

You know what I love most about the new bounties? I can finish them all in one single fucking game.

Yep, I love that Bungie has made these bounties respect our time more. It was a HUGE chore doing them on not just one character but two or three.

More of this "compatible with real life" design philosophy please, Bungie.

ocean

Banned
Yep, I love that Bungie has made these bounties respect our time more. It was a HUGE chore doing them on not just one character but two or three.

They give less XP and rep but they're so much easier to do that I'll gladly take this version :p

Ok so exotic bluprints are only for exotics you own now and find from 2.0 on not past deleted exotics.

What about strikes is lvl 20 the only strike available?

nOoblet16

I'm the opposite, I like Trials because it's tense, exciting and fun (even though I can't really make it to mercury) but Iron Banner's "laggy mess + rush to hit level 5" stresses the fuck out of me.

Weird opinion from me: I think the Fallen, as an alien race, having a house named after an animal that is found on Earth is weird as fuck.
House of wolves is headed by the Queen. Awoken are humans who are mutated...but still originally from Earth.

Skele7on

Banned

There is no real life, only destiny.

Sigh I'm not allowed to play today :( have to spend time with the GF but tomorrow night OHHHH BABY staying up till 3am

DY_nasty

They give less XP and rep but they're so much easier to do that I'll gladly take this version :p

i thought all of the year 1 bounties weren't a static 5k though

but meh

and a some of them were just largely unobtainable if you weren't willing to break yourself to get then. any time I saw a fusion rifle spree or x melee kills (i play a lot of gunslinger so fuck that) i just counted those as a loss

Raybunny

i thought all of the year 1 bounties weren't a static 5k though

but meh

and a some of them were just largely unobtainable if you weren't willing to break yourself to get then. any time I saw a fusion rifle spree or x melee kills (i play a lot of gunslinger so fuck that) i just counted those as a loss

Those were one of the easiest. There are many spots that will allow you to get those 2 kills spree with fusions ( vex was the best weapon to use) plus 30 melee kills take 5 minutes. The ones that I discarded all the time were the public event bounties. What a waste of time.

What I am kinda bumped about are the Eris + Petra bounties that I kept completed to use next week as a leveling resource and they were automaticaly discarded by the update. Lost investements.

Klyka

Banned
so the field weapon test is useless this week because there are no weapons that will be delivered next Wednesday?

lol why are people even hyped about this shit like do nf first otherwise you won't reach rank 1

He will have weapons on Tuesday which you can order and receive on Wednesday.
That means if you have the NF buff and you do all 5 tests like I did,you get Rank 1 and can get a legendary on Wednesday.

Hzoltan69

I'm a bit behind on 2.0, and this thread is moving way too fast. :(

Can you guys please summarize to me in just a few words what is worth doing this week and what is better left for next week?

That means if you have the NF buff and you do all 5 tests like I did,you get Rank 1 and can get a legendary on Wednesday.

Why would he? His inventory resets on Wednesday, have Bungie said he will?

Waldini

I've ordered the SUROS and HAKKE ... edition, thingy ... yeah. Physical ... cause I like discs :)

Has there been any word wether the weapons you get from those packs are Legendary?

O, TLW + Soft Ballistics + Perfect Balance actually still makes it a pretty decent weapon.

DY_nasty

Ok so exotic bluprints are only for exotics you own now and find from 2.0 on not past deleted exotics.

What about strikes is lvl 20 the only strike available?

Yeah, for right now - which is the biggest issue I have with how things have been handled so far.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Don't suppose anyone on XB1 has the Gorgon checkpoint? Need to get some Legendary gear for my new Warlock and its a pain in the ass since I can't earn Vanguard Marks.

Nuszka

So it seems I might have to pass in the nf, from what I'm reading you get rep for vanguard no matter what, or is it still viable wearing vacation class items ? Just don't want to cross the edge when I get back home on Saturday.

DY_nasty

sweet lawd the hard light turns every corridor and hallway into blender

the ricochet is insanely reliable

on drifter, i'm shooting from across the middle section into the halls/tubes and finishing off kills wtf lol

Klyka

Banned
If you rebuy nechrochasm from the wall vendor thing it is 172 damage.

I actually normally made my Necro out of the Ally after 2.0 hit and it was 172 too.

I am a hunter though so I am stuck on low light.

Btw guys, Motes of Light are the new GOAT now.
The game basically throws them at you for everything you do. Using a Mote gives a ton of XP to your gear.
Trading in 5 motes to a faction gives 100 rep (125 with NF buff).

Like,really, they are used in SO MUCH now.

Mindlog

My knee is still recovering and I need to take it easy
is the excuse I used to cut my morning jog short :D
Early morning Crucible to see what damage I could do with the Fusion Rifle. First game was laggy as hell. I finished sniping, but could not freaking land shots with the Fusion Rifle. Switched to Clash/Vertigo and wrecked. Got my first Phantom medal. Is Phantom new or haven't I been paying attention? Either way TItan weapons completed!
So it seems I might have to pass in the nf, from what I'm reading you get rep for vanguard no matter what, or is it still viable wearing vacation class items ? Just don't want to cross the edge when I get back home on Saturday.
Yeah, you will get Vanguard Rep. Tough choice.

ocean

Banned
Class items no longer work. You need to pledge a faction but even then you'll get faction + Vanguard rep.

This is a net positive of course. But it does make it hard for people who are edged to stay that way.

If you buy the Necro from the kiosk (172 for some reason) it takes you to 171 if you are on a Warlock. Also allows you to kill the Wolves on the moon for some reason.

Wow that's incredibly stupid. Also why are there wolves on the moon, weren't they supposed to be taken out? I also found some frenzied wolves on mars..

My knee is still recovering and I need to take it easy
is the excuse I used to cut my morning jog short :D
Early morning Crucible to see what damage I could do with the Fusion Rifle. First game was laggy as hell. I finished sniping, but could not freaking land shots with the Fusion Rifle. Switched to Clash/Vertigo and wrecked. Got my first Phantom medal. Is Phantom new or haven't I been paying attention? Either way TItan weapons completed!

Phantom is new. 7 kills without taking damage.

Nuszka

Soaking all those espresso in , will need a lot of stamina as I plan not going to bed when I get back home on Saturday
11990433_494002444097458_2692769001243447622_n.jpg

Hedge

What legendaries can you order? Can you order the Häkke?

Nuszka

Class items no longer work. You need to pledge a faction but even then you'll get faction + Vanguard rep.

This is a net positive of course. But it does make it hard for people who are edged to stay that way.

Thanks , yeas it seems better in that regard , no nfs for me then. Still will have a lot of things to do before Tuesday.

Hedge

Were the Fallen in the Earth story line always House of Kings? They've added and changed a fair amount, so I can't recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom