• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the deal with this 20 radiance kills, is it one per grenade or is it something stupid like you have to stand still. I just did the worlds slowest summoning pits strike and it never went past 19/20 - according to the stats screen I created 48 orbs??

ocean

Banned
Whats the deal with this 20 radiance kills, is it one per grenade or is it something stupid like you have to stand still. I just did the worlds slowest summoning pits strike and it never went past 19/20 - according to the stats screen I created 48 orbs??
Melee also counts I think. I did it on the Weekly Heroic. Dropped a Viking Funeral Aolar grenade at the Thrall spawn hall and meleed fools all over the place.

Also remember not to turn in your subclass quest once you finish it until TTK releases so you don't miss out on the emblem.

Jinjo

Have you seen the titan crota armor? :/

Get out. Titan Crota armor is best raid armor. Thankfully you can just use the new raid armor to upgrade regular armor to higher defense/light values. So you're not bound to using raid armor anymore to get the max light value too.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Tell me if this works for anyone else

Equip the Icebreaker in crucible, wait til its full - then switch to a different weapon on death and get full ammo

because I think it just happened
Its much, much easier to get those class quests done by doing the weekly - more majors to kill

Tovarisc

Radiance is tricky beat to get kills with. I have found it best that you spam grenades and use melee ONLY when melee skill is fully charged up, don't use weapons at all during radiance. Also don't turn quest in after final phase of the questline, if you do you run risk of missing out on emblem for good!

SHUTTTT THE F UP. JEEEEEEEEEEEEEZUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

That portal is instant death don't do it. NOT EVEN ONCE

Share the love brother, you just get easier wins when people actually know that portal isn't prop ;b

Skele7on

Banned
Radiance is tricky beat to get kills with. I have found it best that you spam grenades and use melee ONLY when melee skill is fully charged up, don't use weapons at all during radiance. Also don't turn quest in after final phase of the questline, if you do you run risk of missing out on emblem for good!

Share the love brother, you just get easier wins when people actually know that portal isn't prop ;b

so funny we used the portal a lot with our team of five, then blueberry grabs the spark runs opposite way, as they thought we'd come from the portal he scored

It was the first time a random has ever done anything to benefit our team in crucible.

Only took a whole year.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Just played through the whole story again and I didn't get any blue drops for armour so I'm still stuck with green. I got too many drops with my Titan but nothing for the Warlock. :(

SHUTTTT THE F UP. JEEEEEEEEEEEEEZUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

That portal is instant death don't do it. NOT EVEN ONCE

We had a Gaf train Mercy-rule Real Krafty last night running the spark through the portal 4 straight times.

We managed to match (and beat) him three straight games. I went into his chat and told him to stop matching us and he said "yeah I'd like to stop getting pub-stomped" haha.

Get out. Titan Crota armor is best raid armor. Thankfully you can just use the new raid armor to upgrade regular armor to higher defense/light values. So you're not bound to using raid armor anymore to get the max light value too.

This guy is high. GTFO. Ugliest armor ever = titan crota armor.

I need to look at the sets again. I know I like the VoG and CE Warlock sets. VoG Titan bottle opener set will always be close to my heart. Not too crazy about either Hunter raid set.

PoE armor sets are balls ugly across the board.

Skele7on

Banned
We had a Gaf train Mercy-rule Real Krafty last night running the spark through the portal 4 straight times.

We managed to match (and beat) him three straight games. I went into his chat and told him to stop matching us and he said "yeah I'd like to stop getting pub-stomped" haha.

So So mean drizzy! We need to catch up play some rift this week.

You need to see my NLB + buff it's insane.

the Towerfall map is the best map they've designed for PVP so far.

The small one with all the cars is SUPPPER fun for a sniper, a living hell for everyone else.

phen0m24

It looked better than moth-head Warlock. And the Hunter Trials getup is pretty horrific.

And what about female Hunter Variks gear with the well, for lack of a better phrase, boob-vent? That is just weird.

noomi

Good morning DGAF!

Did some crucible bounties today, I actually really like the new and revised bounties, much easier to do and quicker.

Klyka

Banned
What legendaries can you order? Can you order the Häkke?

In the gunsmith video from the stream where they showed it, he basicaly has weapon types like "Häkke Jingaro Shotgun" and you order it and then get a random legendary shotgun from the Häkke Jingaro line.

Skele7on

Banned
images

How I feel wearing Crota/Oryx raid gear.

Klyka

Banned
Were the Fallen in the Earth story line always House of Kings? They've added and changed a fair amount, so I can't recall.

The Fallen in the Cosmodrome at the beginning were House of Devils.

But yes, House of Kings has a presence on Earth too.

Basically it's like this:

House of Devils on Earth.

House of Exile on the Moon

House of Winter on Venus

House of Wolves everywhere

House of Kings has a very very limited presence and shows up in a couple spots.

glaurung

automatically on Tuesday!
OK the Vanguard Marks and Crucible Marks get exchanged automatically.

What about my Hadronic Essence, Plasteel and whatever the hell hunters had? Do those get converted to the new Armor bits automatically too?

Edit: god help me, I want that new Omolon fusion rifle. Guess I need to venture into the Crucible.

OK Necrochasm in the tower says I require discovery? who what where? lol

You need to already have a Necro in order to buy another copy of it from the blueprints.

Get and level a Husk of the Pit. Rank up Eris rep to level 3, buy the stupid upgrade material. Get a Crux drop from HM Crota. ..... Profit?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You need to already have a Necro in order to buy another copy of it from the blueprints.

Get and level a Husk of the Pit. Rank up Eris rep to level 3, buy the stupid upgrade material. Get a Crux drop from HM Crota. ..... Profit?

Are the drops really up in HM Crota? I've always hated that Raid :/

Marvel

could never

Awwwwww shit.

Hell no, I farmed a husk for days straight and it never dropped and my Eris rep is like 1. Screw that.

New map ranking so far IMO

Bannerfall
Dungeons
Crossroads
Frontier
Vertigo
Memento
Sector 618

Still haven't seen Drifter

I'd say Dungeons is overall the best map. The rest are too big for 3v3.

Bannerfall
Dungeons
Crossroads
Frontier
Vertigo
Memento
Sector 618

Totally agree. Drifter is basically Thieves' Den with low gravity.
It is pretty fun to see the bodies of your enemies floating around but there are too many tight corridors for my taste.
Totally love Bannerfall, it looks beautiful and feels very balanced.

ocean

Banned

Bannerfall
Dungeons
Crossroads
Frontier
Vertigo
Memento
Sector 618

I'd say Dungeons is overall the best map. The rest are too big for 3v3.
Dungeons is probably the best designed map in the game. Shame it's so damn ugly. Like the layout is just god tier but the atmosphere is (understandably) bleak.

Yeah Bannerfall is awesome, and its so pleasant to look at. So far I really like these new maps.

It would have been perfect if it had some kind of power position in the very middle. The lack of any height advantage in that area makes the combat flow awkwardly in 3s.

What I love about Bannerfall the most though aside from its pleasing aesthetics and height variation is how easy it is to callout on the map. I'm still working out a callout for some of the buildings, but rest is pretty straight forward.

• The Pit is the area right in front of your spawn where the special is
  • Lobby is the room with the ship and hangar controls (yes you can activate a switch to open a garage)
  • Double Doors is the doorway ahead of that
  • Big Tree is the center of that area where one heavy spawns
  • Of course, you have the middle of the map thereafter. Mid or Junction works fine.
  • I call the giant fin the Tower but Fin is a good callout as well.
  • Behind that is your Balcony
  • The general area around the Small Tree is the Courtyard or Plaza. You can call out the tree itself if necessary, but it's redundant to the Big Tree so I avoid it.
  • There's a small street with a ramp towards the back of the map that I call Alley (Street works as well)
  • The long narrow path from there that leads back to the base is the Tunnel
  • And the area you spawn can just be called Back Wall
12 easy callouts once I figure out what to call that building. I'd go with Red 2/Red 1; Green 2/Green 1, but those callouts aren't as obvious as others.

You can't have a good map withotu obvious callouts. It just isn't possible.

Somebody tell me how you're going to call anything out on Sector 618.
you don't
. Even Memento has callouts, like "Call of Duty Stairs" for that stupid staircase. But Sector 618? Wall #4, crate #30, Hallway #9. It's just shit everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom