• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Where does one acquire the old guard shader, I must have missed it?
Not mocking, but it's the last thing I expected to see during launch week of TTK :p

Will be interesting to do it with new gear at 40 though.
Well if you're a new player that started last week or tomorrow it's not like you're going to be ready for King's Fall on Thursday night, hah

lt519

oh man oh man oh man about to leave work, not sure I'm coming back tomorrow...

I have the email written, do i send, do i send?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You guys are driving me NUTS with the Book of Sorrows spoiler tags everywhere! Does it seem like this stuff will be delivered through some natural in-game process (at least the unlocking of the cards) or will it be as random as what we've got so far? Should I just start reading? Sooo tempting.

I think everyone missed my question on the previous page...

What's the best and fastest way to level if I hit 21 and have completed the story? I have TTK coming tmrw, but just need something "highly efficient" to play tonight. Keep in mind I didn't buy either expansion.

Namikaze1

Where does one acquire the old guard shader, I must have missed it?

Well if you're a new player that started last week or tomorrow it's not like you're going to be ready for King's Fall on Thursday night, hah
Shader Kiosk for Old Guard shader.

Last tab. If it doesn't show up, close Destiny and restart it up again.

Tjamato88

Such a badass Titan:
9wz5GgGh.jpg

With the best/mandatory class item:
xouedXOh.jpg
*drools*

How did you get that?

Kyoufu

What's the best and fastest way to level if I hit 21 and have completed the story? I have TTK coming tmrw, but just need something "highly efficient" to play tonight. Keep in mind I didn't buy either expansion.

Quests, bounties, PVP, Strikes.

Bounties in particular should give you a good amount of XP.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Besides bounties? Honestly I have no idea. Can you do older story missions at a higher difficulty level at all?

Tovarisc

Looking so dope with VIP shader on :)

Sparrow also looks very nice, being full black and all. Even has best possible stats for fast long range traveling.

I wonder from where we score Ghost shell, from Speaker tomorrow?

Edit: Log out of the game and back in if rewards missing from kiosks!

NastyBook

About to fire up the evening Skolas Schools in 20 minutes. Are there still first timers around looking for last minute Triumphs?
Sorry for impending caps lock, but...

JUMP IN THIS MAN'S GAME IF YOU WANT YOUR SKOLAS KILL FOR YOUR YEAR ONE TRIUMPH. YOU WILL GET IT DONE QUICKLY IF YOU JUST KEEP CALM AND FOLLOW HIS LEAD.

There we go. Again, sorry. Don't want to see any regret posts tomorrow.

lt519

Crucible is pretty fast, and enjoyable, if you are just gunning for XP. Do all the bounties for the day, maybe even buy a red bull code from someone and use it when you turn in bounties.

todd360

You guys are driving me NUTS with the Book of Sorrows spoiler tags everywhere! Does it seem like this stuff will be delivered through some natural in-game process (at least the unlocking of the cards) or will it be as random as what we've got so far? Should I just start reading? Sooo tempting.

Don't read. Be strong. Also be brave with the new emblem.

Zoidberg

I didn't think it was so bad. I knocked it out in like 20 minutes maybe.

Compared to some of the old ones it is still a good bounty, but all the new ones now are so quick to complete it stands out. I shouldn't complain though, it takes 15-20 tops for 6 bounties each day now.

So let me get this right...

(From the Book of Sorrows)

- Most Hive live ten years, at least the females. Not exactly sure if these are human years.

- The story is about three Hive princesses / sisters who escape their kingdom after their father dies of madness, having witnessed SOMETHING turning the outer planets/moons against their world so that the crazy metal oceans will drown everyone. Right now they've found some crazy ancient ship/boat that allows them to go underground/underwater.

- Hive were seeded on their "home" planet

- The "evil" Hive we see in the game is due to some weird parasitic worm gods that waited for centuries to find new hosts? Worm gods promised eternal life in exchange for Hive hosts?

Has this been data mined? Can you unlock them? There's 50?!! So much delicious lore

Lee

So let me get this right...

(From the Book of Sorrows)

- Most Hive live ten years, at least the females. Not exactly sure if these are human years.

- The story is about three Hive princesses / sisters who escape their kingdom after their father dies of madness, having witnessed SOMETHING turning the outer planets/moons against their world so that the crazy metal oceans will drown everyone. Right now they've found some crazy ancient ship/boat that allows them to go underground/underwater.

- Hive were seeded on their "home" planet

- The "evil" Hive we see in the game is due to some weird parasitic worm gods that waited for centuries to find new hosts? Worm gods promised eternal life in exchange for Hive hosts?

The Krill from which the Hive came lived 10 years, some less and some more. The Hive use worms to change and grow and kill.

The story is about so much more.

The Hive came from the Fundament, a gas giant, home to the/some Worms

The Worms made promises to the three who found them, yes, and to others. Keep going, oh reader mine.

Start reading. I don't think this will make it in game. I could be wrong. Probably just don't listen to me.

Now that I am getting the hang of what the hell is happening, I agree it's really cool. At first I thought I was reading someone's acid-induced ramblings.

blackflag

I should have never stopped getting up at 2am for reset raids. Now I want to get up at 2am tomorrow but I don't think I can drag myself out of bed.

Any teams on Xbox one doing crota on hard? Last thing I need to do for my moments of triumph. I've done it before but never finished due to glitches and got frustrated. My live name is same as here

Timepiece has become my favorite Crucible Legendary. Wheeeeeeeeeee! Too bad I have the gunsmith bounties to complete..

I like the new Saladin lines too.

SpecX

Destiny PS4 bundle is moving! It just reached LA and should be hitting the local UPS station by tonight/tomorrow early morning.

todd360

Start reading. I don't think this will make it in game. I could be wrong. Probably just don't listen to me.

Now that I am getting the hang of what the hell is happening, I agree it's really cool. At first I thought I was reading someone's acid-induced ramblings.

You will unlock it in game if nothing else. II say don't read. The wait is less than 24 hours at this point.

Shito

For once, Europe is soooo having the best deal when it comes to releases: gonna watch that NFL game and after that I'm off to bed.
Wake up at 10:30am, take a quick shower, and at 11am TTK hits, for a whole day of new content awesomeness.
Feels good.

Snwaters

Does anyone know if Cryptark packages are rolled for loot before or after opening? I know you shouldn't hold on to faction packages because they'll hold HoW items, but what about packages that hold engrams? I've got conflicting reports.

Frenden

Banned

I'd bet it's surfaced about as well as existing Grimoire. Which is to say not much surfacing at all.

If you want to be safe, just read after the short jaunt of story missions awaiting us.

It confirms a lot of suspicions about major players in the story and I, for one, am glad to have read it before hand.

If you didn't deep dive on the Grimoire before and come into the new stuff with certain assumptions already, it might not make a lot of sense.

Frenden

Banned
The Krill from which the Hive came lived 10 years, some less and some more. The Hive use worms to change and grow and kill.

The story is about so much more.

The Hive came from the Fundament, a gas giant, home to the/some Worms

The Worms made promises to the three who found them, yes, and to others. Keep going, oh reader mine.

You hit upon something which I think is VERY intentional...

...the cadence of speech of the worms is the same as the Ahamkara lore text on items. I bet the Ahamkara were the first, or merely another, host for the worms, which lends credence to why they had to be eradicated with extreme prejudice in our system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom