• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnkn52

Come on Destiny Community, crack the ”And More”

qay0BnY.png

Is it really that good now? I think I still have 1 that I didn't trash.

It's crazy accurate and if you get a body shot the precision damage goes from 24 to 26.

The damage is odd. Red Death looks like it has way more impact but the damage difference isn't that big. Timepiece fire rate is much higher too

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Take a breather from The Taken Chaos with a nice relaxing jaunt into the Vault of Glass this Thursday.

(CLICK HERE)

PS4 - Thursday, September 17th, 2015 - Vault of Glass Newbie Raid
  • 9:00PM ET - 8:00 PM CT - 6:00PM PT - 2:00 AM Friday BST
  • Minimum Level is 26 for Vault of Glass and 29 for Crota's End.
  • These are specifically geared for first-timers, and all encounters are fully explained for all roles, along with overall raid tips (and maybe even a tiny bit of lore). However, those who have run the raid before and even veterans are welcome if you feel like joining and can be patient with the truebies.
  • First come first serve. If you filled out the form completely and submitted it, your spot is reserved. The form shuts down automatically when the group is full.
  • If you wish to be an alternate, want to help but don't want to take a spot right away, or otherwise want to be kept in mind for the group just send me a PM on GAF or a PSN message.
2 spots remaining.

Klyka

Banned
Holy fuck the Book of Sorrows:

is what you have to find to get that "50 pieces exotic weapon" and it is a weapon FORGED BY ORYX for the ONE WHO DEFEATS HIM and he says by this weapon forged and in the hands of his unmaker he will LIVE ON ETERNAL

This is cool as fuck :D

And off to bed!

Tjamato88

Compared to some of the old ones it is still a good bounty, but all the new ones now are so quick to complete it stands out. I shouldn't complain though, it takes 15-20 tops for 6 bounties each day now.
I knocked out 3 in one sitting earlier. I had get 30 kills without dying, get 30 precision kills and get 30 precision kills with a primary weapon. I've never seen so many bounties pop at once.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Was going for my last triumph.

Destiny kicked me for an update right as Skolas died. Didn't count.
Boguester... if you will still be on around 9PM EDT I could use the help... tried three times last weekend to no success.
Sorry to hear that Reagan. An update? Weird...

I can take you guys through at 9pm if you like. :) Keep forgetting the Triumphs deadline is still going on.
Are people who like the VIP shader not seeing the tiger stripes in the black? That shit is wack as hell.
they're allowed to like it anyway you know :p

Afrocious

Anyone trying to do Crota HM? I have a good friend outside of GAF who's trying to do the final boss. I can join in as well, so that's two people.

If there's only one slot, add him instead. He's unable to make a GAF account :/

Frenden

Banned
Are people who like the VIP shader not seeing the tiger stripes in the black? That shit is wack as hell.

I like it. I just wish the texture was higher res. It's preeeeetty pixelated when stretched across bigger pieces of armor like Voidfang Vestments.

But it still looks fucking bitchin' on Voidfang Vestments.

Sorry to hear that Reagan. An update? Weird...

I can take you guys through at 9pm if you like. :) Keep forgetting the Triumphs deadline is still going on.

they're allowed to like it anyway you know :p

Appreciate it but I'm on Xbox. It was a Destiny update that popped up through the xbox OS. Had just DVR'd the end.

Tovarisc

You hit upon something which I think is VERY intentional...

...the cadence of speech of the worms is the same as the Ahamkara lore text on items. I bet the Ahamkara were the first, or merely another, host for the worms, which lends credence to why they had to be eradicated with extreme prejudice in our system.

Actually Ahamkara lore implies that they had unknown powers, that we to this day don't understand, that allowed them to make wishes come true. They also had very deep understanding of past, present and future of universe and had wast knowledge of basically everything. It's reason why we went to Venus and established Academy their, we wanted to learn from them. Over time it became apparent that they can influence minds of Guardians and even control them somehow, Warlocks were least affected, making them large threat. Because of how large threat they were it outweighed possibilities of what we could learn from them.

Warlocks were ordered to hunt them down, to extinction.

That all said if your theory proves true then it would mean that Traveler spawns also these worms, as Ahamkara appeared on Venus only after Traveler came into our system and transformed its planets. And they always had their powers.

Deku Tree

I think this can work out fine. The only problem I've noted so far is lots of new / returning folks asking lots of questions, and relatively few regulars there to answer them. People are getting answers just more slowly and without the kind of discussion we usually see here for big releases. Obviously we're not going direct folks to the community thread for questions about a major new release, so I suggested the opposite. I'll drop it now and we'll see how things go over the next few days.

I gotta go back to plugging away at work now. One upside to being busy is the release is really barreling down fast now. Woo!

Makes sense. I'll go over there and help out.

blackflag

It's crazy accurate and if you get a body shot the precision damage goes from 24 to 26.

The damage is odd. Red Death looks like it has way more impact but the damage difference isn't that big. Timepiece fire rate is much higher too

Nice, well at least I know where to start with testing weapons for Crucible. I didn't get a chance to play this past week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom