• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

Are people who like the VIP shader not seeing the tiger stripes in the black? That shit is wack as hell.

If you think tiger stripes on that camo are bad/wacky I suggest you never, ever apply Revenant to warlock long goat. That is some very bad/wacky shit, light gray camopattern taking more space than black.

GhaleonEB

Eeeeeeee so excited for tomorrow!

For a long time after Destiny came out, I woke up a bit early to squeeze in one mission or strike before work. Gonna revive that ritual tomorrow - I'll be up early to run a mission or two, then head in.

Gonna be hard to keep my mouse away from black text all day.

jaaz

12014978_998845836824479_5750003009208195738_o.jpg

12032735_998846043491125_8852951409690267782_o.jpg

vctor182

Year 1 confessions:

- I went to the loot cave to see what the fuss was all about and shoot for a day hoping for rare gear only to realize I didn't had them unlocked yet

- My first VoG weapon was Praetorian Foil

- My first CE weapon was Black Hammer

Bummer. Stupid cross-platform barrier :'(

Worst Skolas story of all time.

Going for triumph. 3 man it up to Skolas. Third guy has his power go out. Get a random in there. Random is terrible. Random leaves. Second person leaves. Person from GAF joins. Another Random joins. Now its me and two others, none of us have done Skolas before. I'm out of heavy synths now. Three of us beat it on the first try. Skolas dies. Xbox says "It's time for Destiny to update". Triumph didn't count.

Got Skolas' death on Xbox DVR. Got the Grimoire for Skolas. No in game rewards. No triumph.

X-Frame

can you? i haven't tried. if so i'm just gonna duplicate graverobber since it's black.

there's another one called "Dawnchaser" we haven't seen yet.

Absolutely. I duplicated all the ships, sparrows, emblems, and shaders that I love and have them on all my characters.

can anyone on Xbox one possibly help me beat crota on hard for my moments of triumph. I've got the cp. not having any luck with dudes on lfg at the moment. Name same as gaf

noomi

For a long time after Destiny came out, I woke up a bit early to squeeze in one mission or strike before work. Gonna revive that ritual tomorrow - I'll be up early to run a mission or two, then head in.

A year later and i do this almost every day still.... What is happening with my life.

DjRalford

Spoilers

so judging by the
Book of sorrow, we need to kill Oryx in the real world before confronting him in his court, im thinking the raid will be killing him in reality and you'll need all the runes leveled to kill him in the court of his throne world

Thats what i get from this quote anyway

"I have died many times but these deaths were only temporary.

If my echoes are killed, and I am killed in the material world, then I will be driven back to my throne the Dreadnaught. If my Court and my throne can be beaten, if I am confronted in my throne, if I am defeated there, then I will die. My work will end."

todd360

That stinks man :( werent Ble to get time off?

I've only been there for a little over half a year so far. I have time I can use, but it wouldn't be worth it. Not a fan of being told I'm a piece of shit for taking a day off for a video game.

I'm still working on becoming completely independent.

Edit: just wait fig. It will be trending worldwide this week.

Haha same!

I'll be sneaking in what I can before work and definitely waking up for weekly reset every week now!

Holy fuck the Book of Sorrows:

is what you have to find to get that "50 pieces exotic weapon" and it is a weapon FORGED BY ORYX for the ONE WHO DEFEATS HIM and he says by this weapon forged and in the hands of his unmaker he will LIVE ON ETERNAL

This is cool as fuck :D

And off to bed!

Thread title makes sense now.
;)

Tovarisc

Doesn't Book
also imply that Vex came into our universe/dimension/timeline just because Crota was cocky fuck and cut barrier of dimensions with his sword, creating new opening from which Vex came?

Spoilers

so judging by the
Book of sorrow, we need to kill Oryx in the real world before confronting him in his court, im thinking the raid will be killing him in reality and you'll need all the runes leveled to kill him in the court of his throne world

Thats what i get from this quote anyway

"I have died many times but these deaths were only temporary.

If my echoes are killed, and I am killed in the material world, then I will be driven back to my throne the Dreadnaught. If my Court and my throne can be beaten, if I am confronted in my throne, if I am defeated there, then I will die. My work will end."

Close but wrong way around :

neoism

When TTK is released, please shift discussion about it over to the OT on the Gaming forum, once it releases, at least for a short time after it's out. The plan was always to have both this thread and the OT open in tandem, the main argument for which was that this thread serves as an LFG/grouping up purpose that would get buried in a rapidly moving OT. But despite being posted at about the same time this thread has gotten ~5x the posts and discussion has been slow on the OT despite being on the main forum; it's pretty clear the bulk of DestinyGAF prefers to stay in the comforts of the Community thread. Right now there's a split where a large number of new / returning players are in the OT while most of the regulars are huddled up in here. Can't blame ya, but I think the OT discussion would be much healthier if more experienced members were posting there.

I suggest using this thread for primarily LFG/grouping up discussion, which was the main reason it was left open when the OT was posted. To be clear, not requiring anything, but I strongly encourage folks to participate in the OT. If for nothing else than because Zoba poured his heart and soul into one mother or an OP. :p

I thought the main reason for an OT over in gaming was to keep them over there (lol) it will mostly be of people hatin...... I really dislike OT rules nowadays... dont see why it matters if the Gaming thread has no one posting as much.... it just means we have to look through 2 threads instead of one... :( zoba did an amazing job an all... but community threads are sooooo much better.

Karl2177

I thought the main reason for an OT over in gaming was to keep them over there (lol) it will mostly be of people hatin...... I really dislike OT rules nowadays... dont see why it matters if the Gaming thread has no one posting as much.... it just means we have to look through 2 threads instead of one... :( zoba did an amazing job an all... but community threads are sooooo much better.
That thread has been pretty positive. I don't mind switching over there for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom