• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeSmith

The King of all Trolls, is our Luke :)

Also, are you happy with all this hype?!

We just want people to have a good time.

Anything in Destiny you folks enjoy is because a bunch of people worked super hard to build it for you and put it there.

And when there's stuff in TTK you don't like or hate or whatnot - you can blame me for it. It's kind of the gig.

I'll still explain Long Live the King next week, there's a bit more to it.

After reading Book of Sorrows, holy shiee. I am hyped! I actually feel bad for Oryx lol, and also, i prefer "Auryx" instead of "Oryx".

I really like the new shader with the Iron Banner chestpiece

8D3BmE8.jpg

Anything in Destiny you folks enjoy is because a bunch of people worked super hard to build it for you and put it there.

And when there's stuff in TTK you don't like or hate or whatnot - you can blame me for it. It's kind of the gig.

Hnnnnghh

Edit: less than 9 hours.

I'd blame you for messing with the Hand Cannons but I know it's Sage who nerfed it. That's his gig.

Stop! There's only so much I can be hyped before I explode.

Don't stop

Still waiting for what was promise Luke :) Hoping I wont be disappointed :p
Prob will...

Frenden

Banned
I, for one, love that the Hive are like
libertarian, nihilistic, free market minions of the darkness. "TO THE STRONGEST GO THE SPOILS--only through strife and war can we reach our greatest potential!" What a bunch of dicks!

noomi

Fantastic!!!

Can't tell you how excited we are for tomorrow.

Job well done! :)

Trace

Banned

Who do I complain to that shotguns are still overpowered? Can you guys fix that without waiting 4 months this time =D

Zoidberg

Reading through that new grimoire

brent_rambo_approves.gif

E92 M3

Go to bungie.net and redeem this code. 3VF-LGC-RLX

Much gracias!

Bring back hand cannons, please? Thanks!

Based on this hype, I may break down and pre-order.

libertarian, nihilistic, free market minions of the darkness. "TO THE STRONGEST GO THE SPOILS--only through strife and war can we reach our greatest potential!" What a bunch of dicks!

Their ideals are really interesting. Here's an possible OT based off of that
Destiny OT |31| Auryx Shrugged

Oh my god. Just finished reading the Books of Sorrow. We're gonna need a story thread for this shit.

Bungie, when are you releasing novels?

exYle

When you put it like that, it makes it sound like cognitive dissonance to me. Unless the Hive are constantly killing and killing, they'll get devoured. So over time, they justified to themselves that all of this killing must be the natural order of the universe.

Ridli

Hey D-Gaf, been a while.

Soooo... are there any charitable guardians able to help a titan get a last minute Skolas kill to finish off the Y1 goals? Pretty please?

PSN: RidliMM

Players who have already collected their Year One VIP rewards will find that they cannot progress the "Veteran's Tour" quest beyond the "Talk to Eva Lavante" step. The shader reward cannot be accepted, and attempting to select the reward will show "Can only hold one at a time."

To complete the "Veteran's Tour," players will need to delete/discard the following items from their inventory in order to accept rewards:
"The Old Guard" Shader
"Be Brave" Emblem
"S-34 Ravensteel" Sparrow

We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/13550

Sorry to hear that Reagan. An update? Weird...

I can take you guys through at 9pm if you like. :) Keep forgetting the Triumphs deadline is still going on.

they're allowed to like it anyway you know :p

Hawkian I would appreciate the help. I guess that means one more for Skolas at 9 PM EDT. PSN: SicherLem

Frenden

Banned
When you put it like that, it makes it sound like cognitive dissonance to me. Unless the Hive are constantly killing and killing, they'll get devoured. So over time, they justified to themselves that all of this killing must be the natural order of the universe.

And that they,
in doing this culling of weakness, are serving the noble purpose of strengthening all existence. That's the impression I get from their worm-gods' justifications.

void666

Banned

Hey luke, great game.

Hype... HYPE!

neoism

Luke. Shoot straight with us. Will we ever have the lore from the grimoire accessible in game? Your writers have done a frabjous job of creating a compelling backstory and lore for Destiny and it would be a shame if people missed out on it because they didn't want to go to bnet to find it.

Destiny 2

Oryx and the Vex have pretty much the same goals, but different methods. Oryx believes that by killing, he grows stronger. Eventually, he becomes strong enough to become Death. Once he is Death, he can kill all that's left alive in the universe until that, too, is dead. When there is nothing left but Death, the universe will end and Oryx will have won.

So, like the Vex, he wants to write himself into the very laws of the universe. Unlike the Vex, he wants to do it by killing everything there is.

It's batshit insane. I love it.

Reposting for new page, if you already claimed your year 1 VIP then you need to delete them in order to finish a new quest

THE QUEST "VETERAN'S TOUR" CAN BECOME STUCK AT "TALK TO EVA LAVANTE"
Players who have already collected their Year One VIP rewards will find that they cannot progress the "Veteran's Tour" quest beyond the "Talk to Eva Lavante" step. The shader reward cannot be accepted, and attempting to select the reward will show "Can only hold one at a time."

To complete the "Veteran's Tour," players will need to delete/discard the following items from their inventory in order to accept rewards:
"The Old Guard" Shader
"Be Brave" Emblem
"S-34 Ravensteel" Sparrow

We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/13550

Don't know if you guys noticed this, but Bungie says you have to delete that stuff you just picked up or one of the quests will be bugged.

edit: yeah, what king just said :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom