• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap Luke. Just want to tell you that how excited everyone truly is. I found DGAF earlier this summer and these are amazing people.

Now, give us a NeoGAF shader! :p

Also wanted to say that you've created, The Vault of Glass, my single most gratifying and fun time I've ever had in a video game. Simply amazing.

exYle

Oryx and the Vex have pretty much the same goals, but different methods. Oryx believes that by killing, he grows stronger. Eventually, he becomes strong enough to become Death. Once he is Death, he can kill all that's left alive in the universe until that, too, is dead. When there is nothing left but Death, the universe will end and Oryx will have won.

So, like the Vex, he wants to write himself into the very laws of the universe. Unlike the Vex, he wants to do it by killing everything there is.

It's batshit insane. I love it.

Where did you read that Oryx wanted to write himself into the laws of the universe? BoS is super information dense, I'm positive I missed a lot of subtext.

Lnkn52

Your avatar fits perfectly every time

image.php

neoism

so guys is there a 5 to 10 minutes video that explains the story for an idiot like me... i haven't really read any cards on bnet..

Tovarisc

Cross thread quote.

9/15/2015
THE QUEST "VETERAN'S TOUR" CAN BECOME STUCK AT "TALK TO EVA LAVANTE"

Players who have already collected their Year One VIP rewards will find that they cannot progress the "Veteran's Tour" quest beyond the "Talk to Eva Lavante" step. The shader reward cannot be accepted, and attempting to select the reward will show "Can only hold one at a time."

To complete the "Veteran's Tour," players will need to delete/discard the following items from their inventory in order to accept rewards:
"The Old Guard" Shader
"Be Brave" Emblem
"S-34 Ravensteel" Sparrow
We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/13550

Where did you read that Oryx wanted to write himself into the laws of the universe? BoS is super information dense, I'm positive I missed a lot of subtext.
It's there when he's fighting with the Vex mind, and later when he gives her to his sister. Can't recall which specific book it was, I was slack-jawed most of the time.

from the final book:

"...my great work is, in ultima, to become synonymous with death, to die and in that dying live, so that if the universe comes to nothing then I will be a part of that nothing."

I'm pretty sure I read mention of him and the Vex having similar goals, but I can't find it. Maybe I just made the leap with my mind, after all, their end goals are pretty similar.

Cornisath

Neo Member
I am both really excited to play the expansion tomorrow and sad knowing I will not complete my triumphs before it is out. My friends finally got the game so at least I will have a chance of raiding this time around. I can't wait to try the new titan subclass.

Karl2177

Looks like once you've submitted to have you video created, they can't go back. My Hunter and my Titan are both stuck with M3U8, empty file errors. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom