• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, gonna head to bed now.

Math, it's gonna be difficult communicating with you for an hour to an hour and a half as I'll have to set my gold headset for all audio instead of just voice chat. I want to listen to the new stuff and I also don't want to wake up my GF.
;___;
#Foreveralone

Arrrammis

So, is the new grimoire stuff that will be revealed in-game with TTK? Or is it back story that won't spoil too much but let's us learn more about stuff?

Daemul

Theory on Reddit related to The Book of Sorrows

After reading the Calcified Fragment cards and the entire Book of Sorrow, I think we're actually serving the Darkness through our actions as Guardians. Throughout the Book, Oryx and his sisters continually kill themselves, other creatures, and each other to become stronger, gain wisdom or insight, and generally become more powerful. What are we continually doing? Killing more and more powerful enemies to become stronger ourselves. Since the Book of Sorrow implies very heavily throughout that the Hive were created from a species that began a symbiotic relationship with the Ahamkara, and a good deal of armor is made from Ahamkara, we've got that going for us. We've also understood and made use of Sword-Logic by killing Crota and making him into power for ourselves (Necrochasm and Crux of Crota). Oryx also acknowledges his own possibility of ultimate death in the second Calcified Fragment card, and states that he knows that whatever kills him will be a mighty being, intent on gaining power just as he himself gained his. Killing Crota, a powerful member of the Hive Ascendants, has established our guardian as a threat to Oryx himself.

How are we serving the Darkness (or the Deep, as Oryx calls it) you may ask. We're doing exactly what Oryx himself did originally, except for making a race-wide deal with the Ahamkara. We're exterminating threats to establish ourselves as the most powerful beings in the solar system. Our motives are different than the Hive's (obviously), but the actions are the same. Put on your tinfoil hats, because here's my ultimate theory: The Traveler didn't try to leave because the Darkness was coming for it, it tried to leave because we were walking blindly into the Darkness itself without knowing it.

Feedback is welcome, call me an idiot if you feel I deserve it, but I think this reasoning is pretty solid.

Edit: Further evidence of this theory in the names of two King's Fall emblems: The Ascendant and Worm Gods' Servant.

Edit 2: Warlock Thanatonauts are doing exactly as Oryx and his sisters did, killing themselves for knowledge.

In addition to
the epilogue and the implications for our Guardian, I can believe this

Frenden

Banned
I'm starting to believe that theory that the Warminds used their power to make the Traveler fight for us. Seems like the mighty ball likes to run.

Just joking. Is anyone else going us?

At the very least, I think
the Warmind injured the traveler just enough to make it stationary and unable to flee--allowing the last bits of humanity to hide in its power.

Dineren

Banned
So how are people feeling about mayhem clash? I just played my first match and I thought it was fun as hell.

I enjoyed it, but I think there is slightly too much madness each match for me to play it for long stretches. Definitely seems like it will be fun whenever I feel like a break from normal crucible though.

Bit of a fun edit to the Year 1 banner in After Effects. TTK goes up 8 hours and I gotta head to bed early tonight for work in the morning. ;__;

Still hyped though. The wait is going to be brutal throughout the day tomorrow.
LLShC.gif

AmazingSpanishDeviltasmanian.gif

Tovarisc

I'm starting to believe that theory that the Warminds used their power to make the Traveler fight for us. Seems like the mighty ball likes to run.

Yeah, looks like Rasputin nuked fuck out of Traveler with those ray weapons powered with antimatter. Grimoire heavily implies that our ping pong ball tried to bail towards end of the Collapse, when it became clear war against Darkness isn't going to mankind's way.

Namikaze1

Just joking. Is anyone else going us?
Doesn't seem like it.

Maybe Noomi if he wants in. I know he said he was gonna be up before TTK is up.

Theory on Reddit related to The Book of Sorrows

After reading the Calcified Fragment cards and the entire Book of Sorrow, I think we're actually serving the Darkness through our actions as Guardians. Throughout the Book, Oryx and his sisters continually kill themselves, other creatures, and each other to become stronger, gain wisdom or insight, and generally become more powerful. What are we continually doing? Killing more and more powerful enemies to become stronger ourselves. Since the Book of Sorrow implies very heavily throughout that the Hive were created from a species that began a symbiotic relationship with the Ahamkara, and a good deal of armor is made from Ahamkara, we've got that going for us. We've also understood and made use of Sword-Logic by killing Crota and making him into power for ourselves (Necrochasm and Crux of Crota). Oryx also acknowledges his own possibility of ultimate death in the second Calcified Fragment card, and states that he knows that whatever kills him will be a mighty being, intent on gaining power just as he himself gained his. Killing Crota, a powerful member of the Hive Ascendants, has established our guardian as a threat to Oryx himself.

How are we serving the Darkness (or the Deep, as Oryx calls it) you may ask. We're doing exactly what Oryx himself did originally, except for making a race-wide deal with the Ahamkara. We're exterminating threats to establish ourselves as the most powerful beings in the solar system. Our motives are different than the Hive's (obviously), but the actions are the same. Put on your tinfoil hats, because here's my ultimate theory: The Traveler didn't try to leave because the Darkness was coming for it, it tried to leave because we were walking blindly into the Darkness itself without knowing it.

Feedback is welcome, call me an idiot if you feel I deserve it, but I think this reasoning is pretty solid.

Edit: Further evidence of this theory in the names of two King's Fall emblems: The Ascendant and Worm Gods' Servant.

Edit 2: Warlock Thanatonauts are doing exactly as Oryx and his sisters did, killing themselves for knowledge.

In addition to
the epilogue and the implications for our Guardian, I can believe this

And Destiny doesn't have a story pfffffft
Honestly have no problem with this theory. Plus when you add in the Black Gardan Grimorie card......ummm holy shit...

Namikaze1

THE QUEST "VETERAN'S TOUR" CAN BECOME STUCK AT "TALK TO EVA LAVANTE"
Players who have already collected their Year One VIP rewards will find that they cannot progress the "Veteran's Tour" quest beyond the "Talk to Eva Lavante" step. The shader reward cannot be accepted, and attempting to select the reward will show "Can only hold one at a time."

To complete the "Veteran's Tour," players will need to delete/discard the following items from their inventory in order to accept rewards:
"The Old Guard" Shader
"Be Brave" Emblem
"S-34 Ravensteel" Sparrow

We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/13550

For anyone thinking of picking up the VIP stuff.

Finally finished my last item for thruimphs. Took me forever to go from 85 to 100 wins. I never play crucible because I suck. But I did find my skill improving after a while. Finished all the raids including Skolas this past weekend too. Man I've put in some serious hours over the last week for this emblem, that I will probably stop using after I see that everyone else is. But would have bothered me if I didn't get it haha.

123rl

I love those custom TTK teaser videos. OMG the hype is too much!

My Titan is in the top 1% for Super kills and top 3% for Fallen Vandal kills!

Goddamn it, this game.
I don't want to drop back in(skipped the last DLC), but its just so much fun again-.-

Just got myself the legendary Strangers Weapon and I'm having a blast.
I'm still rocking some old ass weaksauce shotgun(secret handshake) but its going well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylltRoBl9q0

Any tips on a better shotgun?

Really tempted to drop back in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom