• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Getting on now. Looks like Mr. Lemming and gutterboy are the group.

I think I'll have another one in me after this. Then I really need to just finish my Armsday stuff and spend the rest of the time until my TTK CE arrives beating Bloodborne XD
The fuck does this mean?

Bcix8YW.png

It means on the 19th, Talk like a pirate day, we put in another code for another bonus.

Starting another Skolas run now.

I personally don't see it as an insular place at all and there are tons of helpful players frequenting this thread that only access it via subscriptions.

Late response but yeah this is my exact feeling as well. The only catch is that I realize less frequent posters than us might feel differently or have a harder time "breaking into" the groups around here. In some ways it's a virtue of community health that we've formed such great relationships but on the flip side it might feel strange for new players. Ultimately I don't feel like a very good judge of how easy/hard it is to LFG here, or anything else like that.

Armsday stuff done. Think I'm gonna be done for the night as my controller is dead, Gutterboy has a group for their PoE35 run, and should get some rest before TTK drops.

Unless someone really needs me for PoE35.

Dineren

Banned

Late response but yeah this is my exact feeling as well. The only catch is that I realize less frequent posters than us might feel differently or have a harder time "breaking into" the groups around here. In some ways it's a virtue of community health that we've formed such great relationships but on the flip side it might feel strange for new players. Ultimately I don't feel like a very good judge of how easy/hard it is to LFG here, or anything else like that.

Mind if I join up for this one? My psn is Dineren.

Already did. Assuming it may not show until tomorrow.

Yeah, I redeemed my code, but nothing yet at the postmaster or the collection.

Lnkn52

Well Goodnight DGAF. I'll see you guys next week. Restraining myself from checking the board for spoilers and saltiness from not being able to play the game. I hope you guys have fun! :)

If you are on my FL and see me playing on Wednesday, feel free to join; if not below is my PSN.

PSN Lnkn52

Love you all,

Lnkn out

WarlockLnkn52-v2.gif

SmallWind

I'll join too, if spot is open.

I'm quite certain the exotics won't drop from PoE 28... I've only 28 a couple of times ever actually.

The patch note just said "Removed the Elder Cipher exotic bounty [. . .] These exotics now have a chance to drop from the large chest in the Queen’s Arena", so I assumed they might as well drop in the 28 as in the 32 and 34. As I understand it, at least until 2.0 the big chest has had the same loot table in the 28, 32, and 34; the only difference was in 35 it would drop the special ship, shader, and emblem for beating Skolas the first time.

That said, I didn't get any from it and I didn't see my team mates get any either, so maybe it doesn't drop them. Or the drop rate is just really low.

Well Goodnight DGAF. I'll see you guys next week. Restraining myself from checking the board for spoilers and saltiness from not being able to play the game. I hope you guys have fun! :)

If you are on my FL and see me playing on Wednesday, feel free to join; if not below is my PSN.

PSN Lnkn52

Love you all,

Lnkn out

WarlockLnkn52-v2.gif

Wait your gonna be gone for TTK launch? Whaaaaa. Hopefully you're taking the greatest vacation ever then :p

Mistakes were made, that is all. Caution when using rockets.

Personally I tend to look for less frequent posters.

ich00

Does anyone know if GameStop was doing anything special for the midnight launch? I was going to go, but now I'm debating if it's worth the drive time since I won't really get to play until tomorrow night. If they were doing something that would motivate me to head out.

It can be somewhat intimidating to a degree. I'm not really a person who likes to hassle people to help me out in games but this is something that I'm getting suggested by my clan and other guardians that I know to come here and seek help for Skolas. I worked hard to get through everything done on both hard raids (without ever completing the original raids first) and it's frustrating to constantly get so close but then have people leave. I had one random LFG kid (not from here) boot me from fireteam because he was bringing in two people to attempt to glitch Skolas. I've been to Skolas 4 times already and had him down to 15% health and just could never get it done. It's a very frustrating thing in something that should be a fun time, though succeeding through hard times is a joy in itself.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The patch note just said "Removed the Elder Cipher exotic bounty [. . .] These exotics now have a chance to drop from the large chest in the Queen’s Arena", so I assumed they might as well drop in the 28 as in the 32 and 34. As I understand it, at least until 2.0 the big chest has had the same loot table in the 28, 32, and 34; the only difference was in 35 it would drop the special ship, shader, and emblem for beating Skolas the first time.

That said, I didn't get any from it and I didn't see my team mates get any either, so maybe it doesn't drop them. Or the drop rate is just really low.
They're always vague with their notes but I assumed that this meant that instead of the Elder Cipher bounty, which could drop on 34 and 35 from the boss, could now drop from the big chest on 34 and 35. I have no evidence. It was just my instinct and would seem to make sense, being able to do just the 28 and get those rewards doesn't sound right to me.
I've gotten a few exotics from the PoE 28 chest. Hawkmoon and Obsidian Mind to name a few.
*shakes head* Dreg's Promise, Queensbreaker Bow, Lord of Wolves

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It can be somewhat intimidating to a degree. I'm not really a person who likes to hassle people to help me out in games but this is something that I'm getting suggested by my clan and other guardians that I know to come here and seek help for Skolas. I worked hard to get through everything done on both hard raids (without ever completing the original raids first) and it's frustrating to constantly get so close but then have people leave. I had one random LFG kid (not from here) boot me from fireteam because he was bringing in two people to attempt to glitch Skolas. I've been to Skolas 4 times already and had him down to 15% health and just could never get it done. It's a very frustrating thing in something that should be a fun time, though succeeding through hard times is a joy in itself.
Sorry to hear that! You looking to get it done tonight?
You got that error when launching Destiny? That is a new one.
Just had to reboot, now I'm in :)

LiK

We just want people to have a good time.

Anything in Destiny you folks enjoy is because a bunch of people worked super hard to build it for you and put it there.

And when there's stuff in TTK you don't like or hate or whatnot - you can blame me for it. It's kind of the gig.

I'll still explain Long Live the King next week, there's a bit more to it.

knew you were lurking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom