• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReNeGaDe124

So I just completed a Vanguard bounty in PVP. The bounty is Fast Striker, for killing 30 enemies without taking damage. Was this known? Wonder if other Vanguard bounties can be achieved in Crucible.

PatDH

Tonight was a good night! Got my first Skolas kill & first HM Crota kill as well.
Just need HM Atheon & 7 gold chests to complete my moments of triumph :)

flaproosta

Neo Member
What? Why don't they explain this stuff in the streams?

Unfortunately Luke Smith and Noseworthy's twitter accounts have been just as informative as the streams in terms of changes.

Used motes to upgrade a few weapons the other night, such a great addition.

Lnkn52

I'll be upgrading things today for sure. Now it really stinks that they removed the nightfall buff for 2.0. This seems broken.

Noticed the blueprint Necro is 172 Attack. Put it on my guy and now I'm 171 light. It still doesn't have the gold bar around it. What are you trying to say Bungie?!?!?

Skele7on

Banned
You can't have a good map without obvious callouts. It just isn't possible.

Somebody tell me how you're going to call anything out on Sector 618.
you don't
. Even Memento has callouts, like "Call of Duty Stairs" for that stupid staircase. But Sector 618? Wall #4, crate #30, Hallway #9. It's just shit everywhere.

HAHA Sector 618 my team just shouting THEIR SPAWN, OUR SPAWN.

I'M LOST, I'M LOST, SPARK SPAWN.

I seriously need private matches, first thing I'd do in any Halo was go around a map with my team and look at call outs and routes.
Sigh, on the job training is hard.

Klyka

Banned
I know we can trade motes for faction rep, but actually consume them for XP? When was this shown?

It was said a couple of times on the streams and was also said by Luke Smith on Twitter.

We get tons and tons of Motes of Light now, by handing in bounties, as random drops, from leveling up once we get to 40, you name it.

And they are now consumables that will grant a nice chunk of XP to your equipped gear.
And telemetries work on them too!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Do we know if the character boost will level up subclasses too, except the new one of course.

I hope so. I imagine what will happen is this.

• 1 Sub class fully unlocked
  • Choose 1 each of the 4 armour from either your Vanguard Vendor.

Tovarisc

So wild Suros emblem and shader appeared into my kiosks over night, and package appears to be at Postmaster. You apparently don't need pick up that package to get stuff to your kiosks :D Add-on itself is still unreleased and uninstalled on my PS4. Apparently Bungies system can give stuff you aren't supposed to get without paying, but can't give you actual 2.0 content like subclass emblems.

FFS

Also apparently if you pick up Collectors Edition's Titan class item from Postmaster as e.g. Warlock you will get emote and shader, but you will never receive class item itself. This according report on Reddit.

Skele7on

Banned
Some day they'll confess this was a Forge competition winner at a Bungie in house contest for most confusing map possible.

it was infact bring your kids to work day.

and use minecraft as a map maker.

So wild Suros emblem and shader appeared into my kiosks over night, and package appears to be at Postmaster. Add-on itself is still unreleased and uninstalled on my PS4. Apparently Bungies system can give stuff you aren't supposed to get without paying, but can't give you actual 2.0 content like subclass emblems.

FFS

Also apparently if you pick up Collectors Edition's Titan class item from Postmaster as e.g. Warlock you will get emote and shader, but you will never receive class item itself. This according report on Reddit.

They'll fix this on the 15th it's already been said, don't worry :D

Also worth noting this only applies for new exotics I think. Leveled up a thorn fully with telem and Nightfall buff took 18 motes.

Weird that it would only work for exotics. I guess we don't have any new legendary stuff to upgrade atm but I assume motes will grant XP to everything you have equipped, not just exotics.

It was said a couple of times on the streams and was also said by Luke Smith on Twitter.

We get tons and tons of Motes of Light now, by handing in bounties, as random drops, from leveling up once we get to 40, you name it.

And they are now consumables that will grant a nice chunk of XP to your equipped gear.
And telemetries work on them too!

Well that's a welcome change. What did they say about the strange coin economy, will they be for Xur only?

lol i mean maybe people will callout stuff like "high bridge, middle platform, low bridge, outside, broken hall, double hall" etc.

but those callouts are not obvious, and they're all obstructed by a bunch of random geometry that means a player can change position very suddenly.

Sector 618 Callouts:

Go to Orbit.

or this

I got excited when I saw everything on the screen thinking I could just spend 1 exotic shard. Came back with one then I got that message :(

Still missing a Monte Carlo

Hey Toasty, sorry I missed your message earlier. I was afk at the time and about to pass out asleep now but I'll be around (as always) if you still need to do Skolas or anything.

ocean

Banned
Sector 618 Callouts:

Go to Orbit.
I'm actually super curious about this map on Elimination. It's exclusive so it can't be on the Trials rotation but on the regular Elimination playlist, it might be actually impossible to conceive of a worst map.

Skele7on

Banned
The Reef one is one of my top favorite maps

Easy call outs coloured rooms THANK YOU!

Nice top mid/bottom mid

Great places for team shots/map control.

I got excited when I saw everything on the screen thinking I could just spend 1 exotic shard. Came back with one then I got that message :(

Still missing a Monte Carlo

yea i saw Bones of Eo and you know what I did? I went and sharded Dragon's Breath for an exotic shard and came back to buy it. But NOPE! Apparently I haven't found it yet.

I wish they didn't show stuff I didn't have in the exotic collections.

Klyka

Banned
Well that's a welcome change. What did they say about the strange coin economy, will they be for Xur only?

We know barely anything about Xur in Year 2.
All we know is that he will have "legacy engrams" that give old exotics and that he has a "three of coins" that gives a stacking buff that increases the chance for an exotic engram to drop from the next Ultra you kill.

I'm actually super curious about this map on Elimination. It's exclusive so it can't be on the Trials rotation but on the regular Elimination playlist, it might be actually impossible to conceive of a worst map.

The funny thing is I think Memento will be a solid Elimination map. It's way overdesigned, but it has decent geometry and segmentation, so it'll be easy to clutch 1v3.

I think we can all agree that Crossroads and Vertigo should not be in Elimination. Teleporter camping for days. DAYS.

I love the fact that trip mines stick to the teleporters but they bounce off of a random wall on Pantheon.

noomi

How does Monte Carlo do in PvP these days?

I'm having a bit of a hard time adjusting to new weapons. I have some luck with the Suros and Bad Juju, can't really play with hand cannons anymore :(

Just upgrade Monte Carlo and give it to your gunslinger.

There is no option. Just go to motes in your inventory and consume them like a regular consumable.

Hey ruthless, I don't know if you saw the post on reddit today but they found another ghost
in the abyss, right after the ogres when running into the light

ocean

Banned
There were four Exotics I hadn't finished leveling up: Universal Remote, Hard Light, Dragon's Breath and Monte Carlo. Each just a bubble or two away. Now there all maxed.

No Land Beyond, which I had never given any XP past maybe the first bubble or two, is unchanged. Looks like 2.0 gave up a little help to finish maxing Exotics close to max? Real nice of Bungie, assuming it was intended.

I was having fun using AR's and PR's yesterday. Haven't tested SR's yet.

Monte Carlo is great. Suros is average. Hard light seems okay on small maps with tight spaces, but it's terrible at range. Summoner fire rate is too slow. AE is pretty damn good. Necro works.

Bad Juju is OP. Red Death still wrecks. Messenger is decent.

ocean

Banned
The funny thing is I think Memento will be a solid Elimination map. It's way overdesigned, but it has decent geometry and segmentation, so it'll be easy to clutch 1v3.

I think we can all agree that Crossroads and Vertigo should not be in Elimination. Teleporter camping for days. DAYS.

I love the fact that trip mines stick to the teleporters but they bounce off of a random wall on Pantheon.
My feelings on Memento are slowly shifting. It's still way too busy and those damn stairs zig zagging drive me insane. But it's got fairly decent flow now that players are figuring out how to get from one place to another and discovering the sniper lanes / grenade points.

It's aesthetically pleasing and a nice atmospheric change from the rest, not too huge, and has spots for distance and close quarter combat.

Still a bit too busy for me, but it's growing on me.

Hey Toasty, sorry I missed your message earlier. I was afk at the time and about to pass out asleep now but I'll be around (as always) if you still need to do Skolas or anything.

No problem. Don't typically see people online at that time anyway so I wasn't surprised that you were afk.

I've yet to do Skolas though. Might want to give it a shot before the expansion comes out.

Oh yeah, how do you get keys for PoE now that the bounties are gone?

colinp

Banned
I was having fun using AR's and PR's yesterday. Haven't tested SR's yet.

Monte Carlo is great. Suros is average. Hard light seems okay on small maps with tight spaces, but it's terrible at range. Summoner fire rate is too slow. AE is pretty damn good. Necro works.

Bad Juju is OP. Red Death still wrecks. Messenger is decent.

Is it the Send It perk or Perfect Balance that makes Bad Juju OP?

Motes of Light for XP is a great idea. Preorder Redeemed. Kappa

$40 TTK or CE?

can anyone hook me up with a gorgon CP just wanna get the chests before TKK drops testing my luck maybe I'll finally get the horseman

Gorgon chest can't drop 4th Horseman. Vanilla exotics only.

Oh yeah, how do you get keys for PoE now that the bounties are gone?

The small chests in poe are only place you could get one, if you're lucky.

Lnkn52

Holy shit at the Japanese TTK ad.

https://youtu.be/MsmZ1Qu7x34

Yup, that's how I probably look like to my friends when I tell my friends to play Destiny.

$40 TTK or CE?

Gorgon chest can't drop 4th Horseman. Vanilla exotics only.

The small chests in poe are only place you could get one, if you're lucky.

$40. No regrets.

Warlock master race confirmed. The only class that can have a light level of 171.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
How does Monte Carlo do in PvP these days?

I'm having a bit of a hard time adjusting to new weapons. I have some luck with the Suros and Bad Juju, can't really play with hand cannons anymore :(

It took me a LONG time to get adjusted. I was huge pulse rifle fan prior and things just felt really weird for a while. Then I realized that the stability for some of my favorite weapons (Red Death) was slightly but significantly different. Before, the RoF and recoil always kinda kept you in a certain tight grouping but now you have to get a cadence that's slightly slower than the max RoF if you want to see those three shots hit at comfortable ranges like before.

Its a small change but its big for me. Throws my timing off.

Handcannons... with the time to kill going up as a whole they kinda rely on your ability to make people miss a bit. You can't just roll up on people with a handcannon and overpower them anymore. People do that to you now with ARs lol. You definitely need to make your headshots - and it has to be in close range now because the damage drop off is very real.

Suros is really reliable in general though. If you want to pick things up, I really just suggest that you get used to it taking longer to kill people and embracing movement a bit more.

Acidote

Does anybody have a control point at or close to Atheon? I want to help a friend get his Triumph emblem and he's only missing Atheon and Skolas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom