• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought the soundtrack and got my code e-mail instantly. I received an order confirmation e-mail and another email with my download link and the emblem code.

Just make sure to use Blade Dancer when fighting him. Whatever you do, don't use that garbage Gunslinger class, it's totally useless.

Run straight at him while swinging your blade in all directions. He'll run out of the arena crying like a baby. Make sure your running right at him! RIGHT AT HIM!!!

DjRalford

Anyone else besides Drizzay have any Skolas advice?

Keep shooting him, repeatedly, until he dies.

190512-186784-idunno.jpg

exYle

Add to that the entire system they rely on and live on top of abhors weakness and is completely indoctrinated. The moment when the three came together and embraced their society was ready to turn on them. They have no way out.

Totally. The Hive are like a train without brakes at this point.

Take your time. Rotate as much as is necessary. If you think you should bail, you're probably right.

If you get through the first set of mines, you can get his health down to about the vertical line in the K of his name... Then just burn him down with horns so that all enemies despawn. Go lazily cover the mines. Go get your unappealing treasure in the basement.

Frenden

Banned
Really not in the mood for jokes here. Helping people and would appreciate some actual advice.

Having one Warlock that is capable of dying with Skolas' Ebolas taint is a help. One Bladedancer to go invisible during the dismantle phase helps too.

The adds spawn at intervals tied to health tiers, so killing them before burning Skolas down and triggering the phases of mines is a good strategy.

Juraash

So how are you guys strategizing the spending of legendary marks at first? Going straight for your favorite exotic(s) or rounding out your gear with whatever packages and rep doesn't get you?

Really not in the mood for jokes here. Helping people and would appreciate some actual advice.

Keep circling the map. Make sure to clear ads before doing too much dps on Skolas. Once the hot potato comes out, call out your timer when it gets to 10 seconds. Bubble Titan or Invis Hunter should deal with mines, especially the one in the middle. Repeat as necessary.

Frenden

Banned
So how are you guys strategizing the spending of legendary marks at first? Going straight for your favorite exotic(s) or rounding out your gear with whatever packages and rep doesn't get you?

Guns give you slightly more light than armor according to a popular post on Reddit.

I'll be buying an exotic primary to start, I think. Probably Red Death.

It can be somewhat intimidating to a degree. I'm not really a person who likes to hassle people to help me out in games but this is something that I'm getting suggested by my clan and other guardians that I know to come here and seek help for Skolas. I worked hard to get through everything done on both hard raids (without ever completing the original raids first) and it's frustrating to constantly get so close but then have people leave. I had one random LFG kid (not from here) boot me from fireteam because he was bringing in two people to attempt to glitch Skolas. I've been to Skolas 4 times already and had him down to 15% health and just could never get it done. It's a very frustrating thing in something that should be a fun time, though succeeding through hard times is a joy in itself.

Yeah, I can completely understand. I've heard lots of similar stories either from posts here or playing with "less frequent posters." I try to keep it in mind and sort of check myself before assuming everyone has the same DGAF experience as me :p

Doing a Skolas run now, on Round 4, but I can do at least 1, maybe two more before the Triumphs deadline hits.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Take it slow, adds are main priority. Burn him down with rockets when he's at 30% health, near the 'K' I think. Basically try to kill him before the second set of mines pop up. This is what we used to do, maybe Drizzay has a better strategy.

I don't think anything changes significantly week to week. Adds spawn at health intervals, so clear out adds asap. Shoot servitors, then get him down to about 75%. Bonds break, he taints someone's light. Coordinate with the team to trade the debuff when someone has 10 seconds left, round robin. Rotate clockwise around the arena as needed, making sure to kill adds so you can have a breather. Shoot skolas until he is almost 50%, then prep for mines. Get supers, kill adds, etc. Burn skolas, clear mines, clear adds. Hit him until he's almost 25%, and get prepped again. Make sure everyone has rockets, and shoot skolas dead, ignoring mines. When he's dead, stuff despawns, and you can get last mines in peace.

I think that covers everything. Done it a few times, but not as much as Drizzay.

Edit: Guess it's 65% when bonds break according to graphic. I never pay much attention at that part, just burn him till they break.

Its really about taking out adds reliably and having really good communication. Having weapons that can burn through enemies is a big plus. Titans seem to have an advantage with bubble spam. The biggest part is to not die, which is way bigger than taking out enemies.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
It really sucks that the OST download link from Bungie Store expires after three downloads. It's 1.8GB and downloading really slow ATM. Kinda worried. At least I got that emblem so meh.

CREMSteve

Where the heck did the promotional emblems that used to be in the special order vendor go? Most of them aren't in the kiosk at all. With the vendor gone, are the emblems gone too?

If someone's gonna die, it helps if it's the person with the devouring essence. That way you have time to circle around and revive them before it kills you too.

Yeah, I can completely understand. I've heard lots of similar stories either from posts here or playing with "less frequent posters." I try to keep it in mind and sort of check myself before assuming everyone has the same DGAF experience as me :p

Doing a Skolas run now, on Round 4, but I can do at least 1, maybe two more before the Triumphs deadline hits.

Please let me know when this run is completed then. I've got this thread on constant auto refresh and am just leveling gunsmith weapons. I've heard from one of my fellow guardians Kilau that you taught him quite a bit when you help.

Where the heck did the promotional emblems that used to be in the special order vendor go? Most of them aren't in the kiosk at all. With the vendor gone, are the emblems gone too?
Gone with Tess and her special orders kiosk. Hopefully to return with Tess and her special orders kiosk someday.

traveler

Not Wario
Sunbreaker or Nightstalker first, hmm....

The best class or a subclass that could make me like the worst class? Well, the Titan was my first, so it's only fair he's first into TTK. Melting point seems like it'll have a place in endgame pve anyways, so gotta get my Sunbreaker ready to be a part of the world first Oryx kill Friday.

Best place to get Cabal kills and majors?

I like Mars Patrol; head left when you spawn and go through the tunnel until you get to the next spot with buildings on the left/right. I go into the right building and basically walk up the stairs, across the bridge and into that room. Usually 1-2 on each loop and they respawn fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom