• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
are we talking to kill or for a date?

“No, not this time. I have word that Osiris was seen on Mercury. The Caloris Basin. He’s turned his mind back to the Vex.”

“Mercury? Too many channels to know. You activate one, you start to feed its veins. He threatens our peace.”

“Your duty, my son. You must never forget.”

“I cannot.”

The Ghost killed the feed and waited for its Guardian’s words.
“Ghost, prepare my Vex arsenal and plot a course for Mercury. That old man is about to wake up hell.”

MrDaravon

Gonna have to pass on TTK for a while, currently unemployed, and honestly burnt out a bit on the game anyway, but knowing I'm not getting TTK day one has killed any desire I have to even get on for regular daily/weekly stuff. Will probably wind up watching streams all day tomorrow anyway lol. Hope the servers hold up for everyone!

GutZ31

i really hope there is a point in the raid that one of your fire team members has to be taken over by a worm, and the rest of the fire team has to defend against him without killing him, while the one taken over fights alone through the darkness to find the worm, and kill it/bring it out of hiding for everyone to kill.

Gonna have to pass on TTK for a while, currently unemployed, and honestly burnt out a bit on the game anyway, but knowing I'm not getting TTK day one has killed any desire I have to even get on for regular daily/weekly stuff. Will probably wind up watching streams all day tomorrow anyway lol. Hope the servers hold up for everyone!

Sad to hear. The content isn't going anywhere, DGAF will be here to play with you when you get back on. Good luck job hunting.

Skolas is a better fight than the annoying spongey bosses that proceeded it. I didn't anticipate struggling on those bosses for so long. At one point I was teleported into the middle of the Vex arena and literally could not move because I would revive and get spawn killed by snipers. We were doing well up until the first mines but got scattered after that. I haven't done Skolas since June but I preferred him with the burns. I don't like fights of attrition.

Bleh, we'd beat him eventually but I'm at my limit. Thanks Afro for taking my place. I didn't get enough sleep yesterday and wanted to turn in early, so I'm gonna have to call it. Good luck guys.

This is not the week to be doing Skolas. Ghorn is shit. Shotguns are shit. PvE is spongey once again, and Prison of Elders brings out the worst of it.

After tomorrow I'm going to pretend PoE never existed.

I won't be joining you guys for the launch of The Taken King. Taking a temporary break from Destiny since I would rather devote my game time towards Phantom Pain and Heavensward. I should return in a few months hopefully. If not, I just want to say if's been a pleasure playing this game with you all.

Later, Guardians

edornob

My installed preorder of Destiny: The Taken King for PS4 says it'll be playable in 33 minutes and 56 seconds. What does this really mean?

E92 M3

Sleep tight guardians, I'll post this here too:

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Frenden

Banned
This is not the week to be doing Skolas. Ghorn is shit. Shotguns are shit. PvE is spongey once again.

This outlines one of my fears for the new raid. I'm going to miss my shotguns being able to dispatch yellow bars with extreme prejudice a whole lot.

My installed preorder of Destiny: The Taken King for PS4 says it'll be playable in 33 minutes and 56 seconds. What does this really mean?

For all purposes Taken King is already installed on everyone's console, the 2.0 patch deployed last week put all the assets on. Bungie just has to flip a switch to digitally activate everything like level 40, new items, vendors, quests, zones, etc.

Officially the flip isn't going to happen until 2am PST (5.5 hours from this post), I doubt it'll be earlier but who knows. There may be a tiny, tiny patch that has to be downloaded, the servers may shut down for a bit before coming back up or just stay up without a hiccup, the servers may get overwhelmed by everyone logging in, etc. Typical launch MMO issues.

inthrall

Oh, more spoilery discussion!

Totally interested to see what Oryx's siblings get up to! One of them started looking for ways to make the Hive stronger without the Darkness, and the other wanted to grow while away from Oryx, so odds are we will see a Hive wave 2 at some point. Oryx was only a setback etc

coy

I'm not gonna be able to catch sleep early as the 49ers are on (though the game is kinda sleep-inducing). If I can't wake up early to get playtime before work, I'll be such a fiend counting down the hours to play.

Frenden

Banned
Oh, more spoilery discussion!

Totally interested to see what Oryx's siblings get up to! One of them started looking for ways to make the Hive stronger without the Darkness, and the other wanted to grow while away from Oryx, so odds are we will see a Hive wave 2 at some point. Oryx was only a setback etc

Basically, the siblings give the game an excuse for Hive to continue existing in further expansions and sequels.

shermas

I'm not gonna be able to catch sleep early as the 49ers are on (though the game is kinda sleep-inducing). If I can't wake up early to get playtime before work, I'll be such a fiend counting down the hours to play.

48ers look AWFUL. I had low expectations and they aren't being met.

Frenden

Banned
https://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---09032015/en/News/News?aid=13453

Vanguard Quartermaster, Roni-9940, will exchange old materials for armor material [Update: This change takes effect on 09/15]

Don't worry, Roni-9940's got you covered

I think each 2.0 armor piece will take ~25 mats to upgrade according to the exotic armor in the kiosk, right? Can't remember.

With that in mind, I'm likely to blow a fair chunk of my legacy mats on upgrading factions. We don't need nearly as much for actual upgrades as we used to. I'll keep a reserve and convert as needed, but I suspect hoarding more than ~1000 mats per character will be overkill.

That'll leave me around 1000 to spend on factions/packages per character currently.

traveler

Not Wario
Interested to see how raid philosophy has changed, if at all, with King's Fall. Given that they've been working with a different base genre and no formal trinity, I think both of the raids thus far have been pretty great, though VoG decidedly moreso than CE. Getting everyone involved/dynamic role creation was better in the Atheon fight- especially post rng teleport patch- than Crota, which eventually just devolved into the swordbearer + 5 strats. (Cute bubble titan decoy strats aside)

If the item based role approach is to continue, I hope we'll eventually get a TK Kael'thas style fight with everyone on the team getting to wield their own weapon and role at some point. (Similar to the multiple encounter only legendaries that were a part of that fight) The real issue then is finding space for players to use their standard gear/abilities, which they've invested time into improving, while still letting them take that unique place in the fight.

Excited to see what comes Friday regardless.

Question for people who ordered the soundtrack, my emblem redeem link does not work and I don't have a code to enter. Any workarounds?
Lol they sent me a new link with code this time. Thanks Bungie.

Armsday resets on Wednesday right? So I have time to finish testing these weapons.

Also, if we order a weapon from Banshee do we not get it until the following Armsday? Was that confirmed?

pixxxelz

So is the old guard shader, the tiger emblem and that sparrow just available for everyone? I thought those were preorder bonuses.

Top of page Nightstalker hype

Nightstalker_shadowshot1.jpg

traveler

Not Wario
Been backpacking the past few days and have to run a guest to Seatac early in the morning to fly out tomorrow, so the timing couldn't be better here. Just haven't been able to keep up with all the 2.0 changes this past week due to vacation so booting up the game tomorrow is going to be overwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom