• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindlog

Invite Sherpa Driz

Or use this

eE8driM.jpg

After first minded get health to the K mark... Then try to burn him before doing second set of mines.

Always clear adds before damaging Skolas.
Kill all adds before moving on to the next phase.
The far left and far right areas are your bread and butter safe zones. Far right is the safest. If at all possible you want Skolas on that side of the map when activating a mine phase so he can't creep up you when disarming the leftmost mine.

Rehsa

To everyone playing tomorrow have fun! I won't be getting my copy until Wednesday night. Will try to keep up with the thread
lol fat chance
:) Goodnight DGAF, see you all in year 2!

BahamutPT

This doesn't work at the moment, no heroic mode to spawn the majors.

Some of the promotional emblems appear there, but others are gone, like Ab Aeterno.

Huh, that's right! I could swear I saw them shortly after 2.0 released though.
Kinda odd not being included in the kiosk collections.

What part is giving the most trouble? Is it near the end or typically at one of the two bomb waves?

nah we struggled on the earlier bosses so i wanted to make sure i knew what to do with Skolas going in.

Thanks everyone for the advice. We're doing pretty good on Skolas but just need to get the rhythm down and stayo ut of danger.

Zoba, you and Montrealmac need help? I'm back from the show I went to see.

you might have to take my place. i'll give this a couple more tries before i have to head out.

inthrall

Those 50 Hive grimoire cards are amazing, really enjoyed
reading the history of the Darkness growing, and especially loved the reference to the Hive having an inside-out day to celebrate a past victory. Overall, I think my favorite plot in there was the Vex making their own religion to worship the darkness entirely to seize their power, with no actual connection to the worms themselves. Vex are op.

My bets are on at least three more expansions from this story, one vs the Cabal Skyburners, one vs Rasputin and his dealings with the Darkness/dragons, and one against the Vex who worship the darkness. Was interesting to learn that the Ahamkara are infested with the same worms that the Hive are, just from a different source

These cards really do sell me on Bungie's storytelling, when they show the whole picture its amazing writing

Skeletron

So I'm just getting back from work. Skolas is all I have left to accomplish for the Triumphs. Is there any point in trying to find a group to cram this in before the reset? Will I still get the rewards (what is it, an emblem and shader?)

Trace

Banned
You've got three hours left. It's not impossible. If I were at home, I'd jump on right now to help you knock out as much of it as possible.

Go for it, I believe in you. Never give up! Never surrender!

Skolas + Crota in three hours as a first timer is basically impossible unless you get a hard carry at Skolas.

If you check his profile he isn't even level 30 yet anyway, so it is impossible.

So I'm just getting back from work. Skolas is all I have left to accomplish for the Triumphs. Is there any point in trying to find a group to cram this in before the reset? Will I still get the rewards (what is it, an emblem and shader?)

I dont have a team, but I'm trying to get it myself. Isn't it just a emblem?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
nah we struggled on the earlier bosses so i wanted to make sure i knew what to do with Skolas going in.

Thanks everyone for the advice. We're doing pretty good on Skolas but just need to get the rhythm down and stayo ut of danger.

you might have to take my place. i'll give this a couple more tries before i have to head out.
You can take the fight verrry slowly to be safe. Clear eeevery single add before advancing the fight (and watch for triggering another wave of adds, i.e. you might trigger one before the mine phase and want to stop attaking skolas, fully clear again, etc).

Have your supers up and ready before it's time to dismantle- each super (bladedancer, sunsinger, defender) can basically secure one mine alone if necessary. Before he's at 25%, fully clear the arena and burn him to the ground (ignore the mine callout). Once he's dead everything else despawns and you can go get the mines.

Those 50 Hive grimoire cards are amazing, really enjoyed
reading the history of the Darkness growing, and especially loved the reference to the Hive having an inside-out day to celebrate a past victory. Overall, I think my favorite plot in there was the Vex making their own religion to worship the darkness entirely to seize their power, with no actual connection to the worms themselves. Vex are op.

My bets are on at least three more expansions from this story, one vs the Cabal Skyburners, one vs Rasputin and his dealings with the Darkness/dragons, and one against the Vex who worship the darkness. Was interesting to learn that the Ahamkara are infested with the same worms that the Hive are, just from a different source

These cards really do sell me on Bungie's storytelling, when they show the whole picture its amazing writing

I'm late to the party, where can I read these?

Einhandr

This is a question for anyone who got their TTK CE exotic class items already. Is there a level requirement to equip them and does the bonus XP apply to weapons/armor/subclass leveling as well as character leveling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom