• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trace

Banned
WEAPONS OF LIGHT WORKS ON ROCKETS AND WOLF PACK ROUNDS!!!!!!!

My life begins today!!!!

GALLY IS BACK
Kreygasm.png

I am loving Mayhem, took me a couple rounds but I got the jest of it. What really sucks is when you have the most points but lose due to not having a good team. I literally earned about 37k-40k of points in one match....

Thanks Reddit.
'Twas the night before Taken King, and all through the tower.

Every Guardian was stirring, on the cusp of new power.

The gunsmith had hung, his new weapons with care.

In hopes that brave guardians would exterminate fear.

Our engrams were nestled all tight in the vault.

Soon we'd cry, "Cryptarch that roll was your fault!"

The speaker in his chamber, Shaxx in the hall.

They both truly knew how the mighty would fall.

When up around Saturn there arose such a clatter.

That our ghosts blared alarm, so we'd see what's the matter.

Away in our ships we flew at top speed.

Our punishment was nigh, for our dastardly deed.

The moon nest of Hive, cleared of wizards it was.

The stealthy little vandals had silenced their buzz.

The Cabal shields lay broken, their psions were dead

What could this be; this threat up ahead.

A large dark ship, with a new evil master, appeared in the rings and we flew all the faster.

"He was my son!" he cried, at the top of his lungs.

Dark fire circled him, in hot burning tongues.

"You'll pay for your crimes, 'O guardians of light!"

"You've brought on you now, your great final fight!"

"Come Lord Shaxx, go fetch your friend Cayde

Come with your gun, your rockets, and blade

I'll shatter them all with the might of my army

You'll lose this fight Guardians; my feast will be hardy!!"

The silence was dense, no face held a grin.

This fight would prove quite difficult to win.

Then as one, and as all a great cry flew up

"We deny you our light, on it you won't sup!!"

Fly on my brothers, and sisters of arms

To the Dreadnaught we go to do it much harm!

Frenden

Banned
The WoL revelation makes me want to flop from leveling up my Hunter first to leveling up my Titan.

Stay strong. Remember the evade roll.

Shit. Am I even going to sleep between now and 4am?

Can't NyQuil myself at this point. Then I won't wake up. I'm hungry.

Edit: is Santa here yet???

Double edit: good timing math.

DjRalford

Ok, what to do

I finish work at 7am

Sony's conference is at 8am

Release is at 10am

I have work again tonight at 7pm - 7am

Do i -

A - Stay up and watch the conference, then play destiny until noon, hopefully enough to unlock subclass, and dump xp for level 40, sleep for 5 hours and get up for work.

B - Go straight to sleep this morning and get up at 2pm to play for a few hours before leaving for work, and watch a rerun of the sony conference at work.

A means i get to experience the content straight away as soon as its availabale.

B means i get to play a little longer, albeit in the afternoon.

Decisions Decisions

Earlier today:

Going for triumph. 3 man it up to Skolas. Third guy has his power go out. Get a random in there. Random is terrible. Random leaves. Second person leaves. Person from GAF joins. Another Random joins. Now its me and two others, none of us have done Skolas before. I'm out of heavy synths now. Three of us beat it on the first try. Skolas dies. Xbox says "It's time for Destiny to update". Triumph didn't count.

Got Skolas' death on Xbox DVR. Got the Grimoire for Skolas. No in game rewards. No triumph.

Just now:
Went through entire POE again. Beat Skolas. Counted for my Triumphs. Didn't get anything good as a reward.

2x Skolas today beat him first try both times. Feels good.

Anastasis

Earlier today:

Going for triumph. 3 man it up to Skolas. Third guy has his power go out. Get a random in there. Random is terrible. Random leaves. Second person leaves. Person from GAF joins. Another Random joins. Now its me and two others, none of us have done Skolas before. I'm out of heavy synths now. Three of us beat it on the first try. Skolas dies. Xbox says "It's time for Destiny to update". Triumph didn't count.

Got Skolas' death on Xbox DVR. Got the Grimoire for Skolas. No in game rewards. No triumph.

Just now:
Went through entire POE again. Beat Skolas. Counted for my Triumphs. Didn't get anything good as a reward.

2x Skolas today beat him first try both times. Feels good.

Congrats! What a chore though!

Frenden

Banned
Don't forget about ninja smoke grenades.

Yes! And Ninjabatman smoke grenades.

In a post-shotgun-nerf world, having a Hunter with Celestial Nighthawk for the missions until we unlock the new sublcass will probably be pretty helpful too. Bye, bye, Mr. Major.

Back from gamestop CE in hand, and they had some bonus swag too! Got a Destiny tricorn lapel pin and a double sided poster. Quite unexpected.

Now to decide whether to sleep and get up early, or eschew sleep altogether for that 2am fix...

Ok, what to do

I finish work at 7am

Sony's conference is at 8am

Release is at 10am

I have work again tonight at 7pm - 7am

Do i -

A - Stay up and watch the conference, then play destiny until noon, hopefully enough to unlock subclass, and dump xp for level 40, sleep for 5 hours and get up for work.

B - Go straight to sleep this morning and get up at 2pm to play for a few hours before leaving for work, and watch a rerun of the sony conference at work.

A means i get to experience the content straight away as soon as its availabale.

B means i get to play a little longer, albeit in the afternoon.

Decisions Decisions
Plan C - Red Bull, Red Bull, and more Red Bull. Crash hard, but don't crash today.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Please let me know when this run is completed then. I've got this thread on constant auto refresh and am just leveling gunsmith weapons. I've heard from one of my fellow guardians Kilau that you taught him quite a bit when you help.
Did you get a run in yet? Is it all you have left for Triumphs?

Back from gamestop CE in hand, and they had some bonus swag too! Got a Destiny tricorn lapel pin and a double sided poster. Quite unexpected.

Now to decide whether to sleep and get up early, or eschew sleep altogether for that 2am fix...
Dang. Midnight release for DLC isn't all that common, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom