• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
8HIi8gG.jpg

dat strange coin tho

I stole Cayde-6's book from the Speaker's Library. He wants it back

TyrantII

Orxy and his Armada of Tombships have entered the Saturn System. Queen Mara Sov's Royal Guard, along with her fleet have been mobilized to intercept The Taken King before it pushes into inner Sol.

The Vanguard is dispatching to all Guardian to suit up.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think what I'll do is play through the story missions first, then read the Book of Sorrows prior to raiding in King's Fall or doing any Court of Oryx. That way some things might still pop up as surprises but I'll have a lot of lore to mull over while exploring the endgame stuff.
dat strange coin tho

I stole Cayde-6's book from the Speaker's Library. He wants it back
Bigger than I expected. Cool.

Yes! And Ninjabatman smoke grenades.

In a post-shotgun-nerf world, having a Hunter with Celestial Nighthawk for the missions until we unlock the new sublcass will probably be pretty helpful too. Bye, bye, Mr. Major.

I also bet the new hunter subclass will be great for crowd control and suppression. No one had much hope for the bubble initially either. There could be a TTK exotic that is a game changer as well ala St 14.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I know I'm late on this compliment, but... the new fucking orbit music. It's so good. It's too good. I don't know if this will make sense to anyone else but what it makes me think of is really gaming itself. It reminds me somehow of all those nights I stayed up "just one more match" trying to get better at Rumble Pit in Halo 2. Or playing Soul Calibur sleeping over at my friend's house until it was light out and we had to go to school in an hour. Or beating Mega Man X4 or even Super Mario Bros. 3 for the first time and just setting my controller down and quietly watching the credits. It just captures that curiosity and wonder and the feeling that you're visiting another world. And I guess as a pianist myself, hearing what the piano arrangement can do to me in a song written "just for a videogame" is incredibly satisfying. My deepest compliments to its author(s), whomever you are.

I know I'm late on this compliment, but... the new fucking orbit music. It's so good. It's too good. I don't know if this will make sense to anyone else but what it makes me think of is really gaming itself. It reminds me somehow of all those nights I stayed up "just one more match" trying to get better at Rumble Pit in Halo 2. Or playing Soul Calibur sleeping over at my friend's house until it was light out and we had to go to school in an hour. Or beating Mega Man X4 or even Super Mario Bros. 3 for the first time and just setting my controller down and quietly watching the credits. It just captures that curiosity and wonder and the feeling that you're visiting another world. And I guess as a pianist myself, hearing what the piano arrangement can do to me in a song written "just for a videogame" is incredibly satisfying. My deepest compliments to its author(s), whomever you are.

246.gif

Amazing post Hawk, I totally agree.

I rrrreaeeaaeaeallly hope this is on the OST I just bought....

Did you get a run in yet? Is it all you have left for Triumphs?

Dang. Midnight release for DLC isn't all that common, is it?
Yeah, a little crazy. Though I guess everyone there was getting at least a $60 physical version. Was a bit surprised that a bunch of people were picking up last gen copies. I think my ps4 copy was preceded by people getting 3 360 copies and 1 ps3.

Wilde

Hmm looks like I scored a second collectors edition voucher.

That's not just the collector's edition bonuses either. That one code contains:

- The Taken King
- The Dark Below
- House of Wolves
- Collector's Edition shaders/class items/dances
- Pre-order weapon pack

So that is crazy lucky!

LTWood12

I'm going to think of this every time I'm in orbit. Thank you, that's awesome.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Back from gamestop CE in hand, and they had some bonus swag too! Got a Destiny tricorn lapel pin and a double sided poster. Quite unexpected.

Now to decide whether to sleep and get up early, or eschew sleep altogether for that 2am fix...

Nice, I got a pin from my GS too.

Off to get a few hours of sleep. See you soon DGAF. WOOOOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom