• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

It's been in the game since 2.0, I guess there's just a random selection of tracks that can play in orbit.

Yea, haven't felt like logging on until TTK was actually out. I'll just check out the 2.0 stuff in the Tower this week while I wait for UPS.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yea, haven't felt like logging on until TTK was actually out. I'll just check out the 2.0 stuff in the Tower this week while I wait for UPS.
Ah yeah I getcha.

The track is rapidly vying for a place among my all-time favorites on gaming OSTs. It's that evocative for me.
When you buy digital from the store does it give you the codes or just auto redeem?
Oooh, I see, you're buying a normal digital edition and then you'll use the code for the CE stuffs

Since I don't have a morning crew, but do have a major headache, I'm going to dip out on the reset hours and get into it a little later in the morning. Have fun everyone, and see you on the other side later.

Book of Sorrows
I had a post written up about how the worms seem to be thematically similar to the W'rkncacnter from Marathon Infinity... now that I got to the end of the cards the whole "eat the path" is directly from one of the terminals http://marathon.bungie.org/story/eatthepath.html. I don't think there is any story significance to the connections, but they are neat to put together.

SheHateMe

Just got home from the midnight release. There's a LOT of new Guardians coming. One of the guys that was in line bought the Limited Edition last year and JUST opened it in August so he could get the shaders. Also there were more last gen purchases than current gen. About 50 people were there and I know at least 30 walked out with 360 and PS3 copies.

Crazy stuff.

I got a TTK poster, pin, and cardboard cube, along with my CE Edition.

Off to bed for 4 hours, then the real fun begins as I try to master playing Destiny at 6 am until I go to work at noon and staying awake in my office at work for the next two months.

Tomorrow morning I will wake up, roll over my Vanguard and Crucible ranks while praying for a shiny Year Two scout rifle, play the first mission and then head to work for the day.

It's been a great year. Thanks to all the regulars who make the DGAF community such an amazing place to check into every day.

Looking forward to getting to play with some of you in Year Two!

Oooh, I see, you're buying a normal digital edition and then you'll use the code for the CE stuffs

No I actually sold my Vanilla Destiny tonight anticipating I would be picking up the physical edition. So I'll probably buy the digital collectors edition. Keep the physical sealed and sell it on Ebay or Amazon. Will probably cover the cost of TTK for me :D.

Just got home from the midnight release. There's a LOT of new Guardians coming. One of the guys that was in line bought the Limited Edition last year and JUST opened it in August so he could get the shaders. Also there were more last gen purchases than current gen. About 50 people were there and I know at least 30 walked out with 360 and PS3 copies.

Crazy stuff.

I got a TTK poster, pin, and cardboard cube, along with my CE Edition.

Off to bed for 4 hours, then the real fun begins as I try to master playing Destiny at 6 am until I go to work at noon and staying awake in my office at work for the next two months.
Cardboard cube? What's that? No cardboard cubes at my local store.

Worth buying a PS4 for destiny alone? I have an xbox one atm, but I don't have destiny yet.

As much as I like more people to play with, I don't think I would recommend a PS4 only for Destiny unless you're that desperate to get into a larger pool of reliable players. I'd personally want to have at least one other game in the wings to justify the purchase, even if all the time with Destiny will prevent me from playing them. Bloodborne, The Last of Us Remastered, Until Dawn, games you know run better on there...

welp. all this talk about the OST makes me want to listen to it, so fuck sleep. i'm gonna grind strikes with it in the background.

there's two spots on the train if someone else wants to share in the madness.

I am in the middle of reading the Worm - Hive stories to pass the time

is there a page for explaining the story of Guardians?
What do you mean?
The Traveler made the ghosts in a last ditch effort. The ghosts brought back certain people from the dead. Making them Guardians. Users of the "Light". They protect the Last City and the remnants of Humanity.

pixxxelz

Some random guy in the tower sent me a message telling me to delete my old guard shader the be brave emblem and the sparrow and then sent me this
CZlXHlU.jpg

Just a heads up for those who already claimed them

Juraash

Alrighty DGAF, I think it's time to turn in. Sadly I did not take time off so I won't be joining in the excitement right away. Hope everything goes smoothly and it's all awesome. In an attempt to not make work agonising, I probably won't read much before I get home. See you guys on the other side!

neoism

damnit cant sleep 😩😩 managed to sleep for like 4 hours.... never getting back now.. lol

3 mo hours...😞

Garryk

As with everything in my life I waited until the last day to do it, but thanks to Drizzay I put a bow on Year One.

Thanks for the quick Skolas run.

NastyBook

Of course they have to update this shit at 5 a.m. in the morning. Watching this thread at work until 8 p.m. is gonna be torture.

Think I'm done for the night, though. Goodnight, all.

So exotic class items take up your exotic "slot". Does that also apply to the faction ones you get from the respective quests? Couldnt sleep so I started to look online for the answer but I cant find anything. Maybe there isnt a confirmation yet...

Frenden

Banned
Yo, Frenden I was supposed to run with you and x-frame at reset but apparently my buddy outside of GAF is going to be on during reset and wants to run it too. I wish we could run a fire team of 4!

No worries! I'm playing it loose. If someone has a free spot, I plan on hopping in then. I'm sure someone will.

So exotic class items take up your exotic "slot". Does that also apply to the faction ones you get from the respective quests? Couldnt sleep so I started to look online for the answer but I cant find anything. Maybe there isnt a confirmation yet...

They have an additional perk that allows them to be used alongside other exotics that the CE items do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom