• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
So exotic class items take up your exotic "slot". Does that also apply to the faction ones you get from the respective quests? Couldnt sleep so I started to look online for the answer but I cant find anything. Maybe there isnt a confirmation yet...

Faction exotics allow you to equip another exotic armor slot

So exotic class items take up your exotic "slot". Does that also apply to the faction ones you get from the respective quests? Couldnt sleep so I started to look online for the answer but I cant find anything. Maybe there isnt a confirmation yet...

Nope, has a perk called 'the life exotic' allows you to equip with others.

Figures that the day this comes out I get offered overtime; I'm usually off Monday and Tuesday. It's almost 2am and I have to be up at 4:30am; can't fucking sleep lol. Oh well, hope to be on with some of you later today; I won't get to play until 5pm : /

No, the faction items have a perk called "The Life Exotic" which allows you to equip it and something else at the same time.
Edit: Beaten.

with steve zissou
giphy.gif

What do you mean?
The Traveler made the ghosts in a last ditch effort. The ghosts brought back certain people from the dead. Making them Guardians. Users of the "Light". They protect the Last City and the remnants of Humanity.

Ok I get lost because I am not sure which story is canon

I guess I watched too many videos about a storyline where the traveller turned out to be evil but was scrapped for the stories we have now

lol at Hawkian freaking out over Remembrance. That's the track I was talking about the other day that sounded like something out of Ori and the Blind Forest. It's a bit too sad for Destiny to be honest, but it's a good track nonetheless.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I hope that TTK OST will hit iTunes soon. Just bought the original one after I saw the price (~$8).

So, ~T-40min, huh?

I'm at work and this week is totally fucked since I have a lot of travel to do.
Will probably start TTK next week proper. *sigh*

Have phun brehs! Don't do it all in one day.
You'll totally do it all today.

Namikaze1

Me two hours ago:
I'll watch a movie to pass the time.

Me at the safe house scene in AoU:
So sleepy...

Me ten minutes after that scene:
WHY AM I WIDE AWAKE?!?!

me now:
What time is it? Oh just a little over half an hour for Sony TGS stream...

lol at me I guess, sure. it doesn't actually sound particularly sad to me, that's interesting .

Maybe sad isn't the right word, but the emotion it conveys would accompany a scene that isn't present in the game. Every other track of similar tone in Destiny errs on the curious and adventurous side. Remembrance on the other hand is a bit too nostalgic. I suppose it works metaphorically (as in "Hey this describes the last year of the Destiny and its journey"), but when I heard it in game I thought it was out of place tonally. Like, if I were to hear it in the Tower, I would be confused. There's only one other "calm" track on the OST that I could say that of.

Destiny has yet to introduce a Story with emotional beats where pieces such as that would fit contextually. It almost sounds like a deleted track from Reach.

It's a good track no doubt. But I find it awkward in the game currently, especially juxtaposed with the harsh tone of Oryx's music.

Jinjo

Called in sick from work today. But without the guilt since, I'm actually really sick lol. Will be there minute 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom