• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no link for it but here on the actual console. Edit: Ah I'm in Aus the superior country, that would be why :p

12015201_951401528231452_5836721055490717354_o.jpg

If you got the legendary edition does that mean I already have this or not?

Maybe sad isn't the right word, but the emotion it conveys would accompany a scene that isn't present in the game. Every other track of similar tone in Destiny errs on the curious and adventurous side. Remembrance on the other hand is a bit too nostalgic. I suppose it works metaphorically (as in "Hey this describes the last year of the Destiny and its journey"), but when I heard it in game I thought it was out of place tonally. Like, if I were to hear it in the Tower, I would be confused. There's only one other "calm" track on the OST that I could say that of.

Destiny has yet to introduce a Story with emotional beats where pieces such as that would fit contextually. It almost sounds like a deleted track from Reach.

Eh. I'm not sure it's out of place. Could be thought of as yearning for a time before the traveler arrived or before the darkness arrived.

It's a good track when set alongside the general lore that Destiny has/should have in my opinion.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Maybe sad isn't the right word, but the emotion it conveys would accompany a scene that isn't present in the game. Every other track of similar tone in Destiny errs on the curious and adventurous side. Remembrance on the other hand is a bit too nostalgic. I suppose it works metaphorically (as in "Hey this describes the last year of the Destiny and its journey"), but when I heard it in game I thought it was out of place tonally.

Destiny has yet to introduce a Story with emotional beats where pieces such as that would fit contextually. It almost sounds like a deleted track from Reach.
Well so far as I know it isn't associated with any storyline moment or meant to accompany some individual scene. It's a song that plays while you're looking at the solar system map. It's in the background when you're putting a fireteam together or deciding what to do next. It sounds to me more like it's about playing Destiny the videogame, or really more about gaming in general like I was saying before. It caused me to reminisce on a lot of memories both of playing Destiny with people here and other moments even way back into my childhood as a gamer. Maybe that isn't precisely what Salvatori meant by "Remembrance" but that's the impact it had on me.

Eh. I'm not sure it's out of place. Could be thought of as yearning for a time before the traveler arrived or before the darkness arrived.

It's a good track when set alongside the general lore that Destiny has/should have in my opinion.

That's my point. That stuff isn't in the game.

Well so far as I know it isn't associated with any storyline moment or meant to accompany some individual scene. It's a song that plays while you're looking at the solar system map. It's in the background when you're putting a fireteam together or deciding what to do next. It sounds to me more like it's about playing Destiny the videogame, or really more about gaming in general like I was saying before. It caused me to reminisce on a lot of memories both of playing Destiny with people here and other moments even way back into my childhood as a gamer. Maybe that isn't precisely what Salvatori meant by "Remembrance" but that's the impact it had on me.

It's most likely about the game itself. I'm just not fond of it appearing after a heavy handed Oryx theme.

It would be interesting if the menu music changed depending on which planet you were orbiting.

Yeah, I'm with you. It doesn't play in the tower or during gameplay for a reason. It evokes a larger, not sure what the word/phrase is... Lore, environment, etc... Probably wouldn't fit in any other part of the game except maybe end credits or something. It's perfect where it is though.

Yeah, I'm with you. It doesn't play in the tower or during gameplay for a reason. It evokes a larger, not sure what the word/phrase is... Lore, environment, etc... Probably wouldn't fit in any other part of the game except maybe end credits or something. It's perfect where it is though.

it'd be perfect in the credits... which i still haven't watched because i don't feel like i completed any story of note.

really hoping the story missions this time around bring back that classic Bungie campaign. We'll find out soon.

Tecnniqe

Banned
turns out I did buy the collectors edition.

:) If any EURO GAF'ers want to play with this Brit in norway tonight add me on PSN at SirShizznit

Ill be playing as soon as it lets me on at release.
Its kinda hate/love relationship with being sick atm.
My voice kinda f'dup

Oh did anyone crack any more of those codes yet?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
if anyone starts a fresh character or wants to play old story missions (around lvl 8-15) find me on PSN :D

also thinking about buying the CE items for TTK..but have to wait until next month ;_;

Walmart and target both sold out but gamestop has some near me. Might pick it up tomorrow but the question will then be, how long will it take to download all of Destiny? :X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom