• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpecX

Almost overslept. Forgot to set my alarm and quickly jumped up out of bed to check the time. Scared the living daylights out of my wife, but everything is OK now. Last thing I should have done was check this thread cause the hype is flowing through again and cant fall back asleep.

Frenden

Banned
God damn
I can't
Holy crap

Did I just read a linear story that actually makes sense with the background for what's going on? Guys is Destiny turning into something intelligible?

My hype is nerve-wrecking after diving deep and reading these Books.

My opinion: like Grimoire, they give context not available in-game. I'd say read them before playing TTK. Hell we should have read them before Vanilla. Things we've done, and I imagine things we've yet to do, make far more sense once you understand the Destiny universe a little better.

Reading Grimoire cards about Vex technology and stuff would probably have made my VoG blind run more enjoyable and not "spoiled" anything since no mechanics are revealed.

If you wanna go full blind I understand but otherwise, hooooolyyyyyy shut these things are cool.

Yeah. I'm glad I read them before playing through the new content.

Simbo

Neo Member
Anyone redeemed the code for the tree emblem?

Did you notice the clue for a 'bonus'.....

"What day might you parrot Long John Silver and what code would you enter?"

Any ideas anyone?

ocean

Banned
Anyone redeemed the code for the tree emblem?

Did you notice the clue for a 'bonus'.....

"What day might you parrot Long John Silver and what code would you enter?"

Any ideas anyone?
Best idea so far is it'll be Arr-Arr-Arr on Talk Like a Pirate Day which is coming up soon

Dont take VIP rewards before TTK launch. It will bug a quest out.

6QlVgbF.gif

really? wow, where did you get this info?

Maybe it's my lack of sleep but at what point do these grimoire stuff start making sense? I'm up to the 8th card and I have no idea who any of these people are.

olympia

God damn
I can't
Holy crap

Did I just read a linear story that actually makes sense with the background for what's going on? Guys is Destiny turning into something intelligible?

My hype is nerve-wrecking after diving deep and reading these Books.

My opinion: like Grimoire, they give context not available in-game. I'd say read them before playing TTK. Hell we should have read them before Vanilla. Things we've done, and I imagine things we've yet to do, make far more sense once you understand the Destiny universe a little better.

Reading Grimoire cards about Vex technology and stuff would probably have made my VoG blind run more enjoyable and not "spoiled" anything since no mechanics are revealed.

If you wanna go full blind I understand but otherwise, hooooolyyyyyy shut these things are cool.

pause. what books?

101 Skolas clears in time for the Triumphs deadline. Congrats the many, many Skolas School graduates! It's a proud day at Sherpa University.

Many thanks to kindly Gaf Guardian BarrowRow for dropping out at Skolas so that we could get somebody else in who still needed the Triumphs. Thanks to iRawr for engaging pro-mode on our no-wipe 55 minute PoE35 run to squeeze one final run in before the deadline.

My game has crashed 5 times on Skolas tonight. Wasted so much time!! Patch 2.0 sux0rs. Can't wait for TTK. Hyyyyyppeeeeee....

ocean

Banned
Maybe it's my lack of sleep but at what point do these grimoire stuff start making sense? I'm up to the 8th card and I have no idea who any of these people are.
Book XXVIII is where
you get the first completely direct mention of a name you've heard

Jinjo

It's preparing to download an update file now. Taking ages to "prepare". Hold me GAF, I fear the redownload-all-updates bug..

adin75

101 Skolas clears in time for the Triumphs deadline. Congrats the many, many Skolas School graduates! It's a proud day at Sherpa University.

Many thanks to kindly Gaf Guardian BarrowRow for dropping out at Skolas so that we could get somebody else in who still needed the Triumphs. Thanks to iRawr for engaging pro-mode on our no-wipe 55 minute PoE35 run to squeeze one final run in before the deadline.

My game has crashed 5 times on Skolas tonight. Wasted so much time!! Patch 2.0 sux0rs. Can't wait for TTK. Hyyyyyppeeeeee....

101 clears, so many sherpa runs.

I tip my hat to you good sir.

Jinjo

Drizzay truly is Destiny's very own equivalent of Apa Sherpa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom