• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
Yeah they definitely said its account wide. One daily story and PvP each day.
There has to be a mistake somewhere though.

That would mean our weekly Marks cap is 210 Marks, when we were able to make 600 a week pre patch.

I'm hoping it's account wide but the dailies can be run more than once and still pay out marks. If you can do it 3 times a day, we'll be close to the old level of mark gaining potential. Only downside is reaching this potential will only be possible for people who can play every single day. Weekend gamers will have their income potential severely cut, which is a shame.

Klyka

Banned

That would mean our weekly Marks cap is 210 Marks, when we were able to make 600 a week pre patch.

I'm hoping it's account wide but the dailies can be run more than once and still pay out marks. If you can do it 3 times a day, we'll be close to the old level of mark gaining potential. Only downside is reaching this potential will only be possible for people who can play every single day. Weekend gamers will have their income potential severely cut, which is a shame.

You realize that we will get tons of legendaries that we can dismantle for marks,right? :D that's the new hotness.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

I didn't think there was a cap

ocean

Banned
You realize that we will get tons of legendaries that we can dismantle for marks,right? :D that's the new hotness.
This would
1. Suck ass and
2. Go against their alleged mantra of removing dependency on randomness for our progression

If making marks requires me hoping I get lucky with trash purples I a) don't like and b) don't want to use for infusion, then it's just more layers of RNG over what used to be the o Ly reliable, steady and player-controlled progression mechanism: earning Marks.

But no panic until I fully understand the system :) I'm sure there's a confusion somewhere

I feel like a scrub and it's refreshing!

ocean

Banned
I didn't think there was a cap
Well regular strikes and crucible matches don't give out Marks anymore, only limited-run Daily PvP and Daily Heroic Story give marks. So even though there's no cap per se, there's a limited amount you can reliably get per day.

Similar to Strange Coins in the past not being capped but you only having 27 guaranteed per week.

deoee

In order to get the subclass I need to do that questline with for each class right? the one that started with 2.0 "Produce x orbs with super kills" "kill x enemies with abilities"

vac

Neo Member
Holy jeebus that first mission! More character and feel than anything else in destiny so far IMO.

sogood.gif

Klyka

Banned
In order to get the subclass I need to do that questline with for each class right? the one that started with 2.0 "Produce x orbs with super kills" "kill x enemies with abilities"

No.
You just get a new quest from your class vanguard after you do the first mission on phobos.

Ambitious

No, these quests have nothing to do with that. In order to unlock the subclass, you need to finish the subclass mission, which in turn will be unlocked right after the first TTK story mission.

deoee

Ok, Thank you guys.
lol.
I was kinda panicking that I need to "grind" those when I get home :D

So what was my mentioned quest for?

Klyka

Banned
Ok, Thank you guys.
lol.
I was kinda panicking that I need to "grind" those when I get home :D

So what was my mentioned quest for?

Remember how some people have a new character? that's the quest that teaches them their class/gives them stuff for their class to do.

Oh man, these impressions are sounding incredibly promising. Love seeing the XB1 peeps getting Hawkmoon on the first quest. Welcome to the awesomeness that is Hawkmoon.

deoee

Remember how some people have a new character? that's the quest that teaches them their class/gives them stuff for their class to do.

Good old times... ;_;

Yeah I started a warlock recently with a friend. So I kinda remember the times. (Still can't jump with this shitty ability... ugh)

Tecnniqe

Banned
Dat shader tho
CO8VWE_WgAAyRys.jpg:large

People probably already found this, but found two ghosts in the second mission.
The one people found by glitching into the Devil's Spire
One on top of the antenna where you have to scan the electricity box

BokehKing

Banned
I got hawkmoon as soon as I popped my first green engram, and then realized for the moment, my green suros is better

Got a legendary fusion rifle from dead orbit as well

maomaoIYP

Where do we collect our year 1 moments of triumph emblem? It's not at the postmaster.
Also my suros pack didn't give me any weapons whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom