• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Has someone used the 25 marks and upgraded the stranger's rifle?

I am curious on what it will turn into

I am assuming it just gets bumped up to a 170 attack value weapon.

That's kind of pointless for TTK since the new max attack is so much higher,
unless you just want to use it in year 1 end game content.

ocean

Banned
I may be pledged to new mon, but god damn vanguard style looks SO NICE with the new foundries. I will be repping NOTHING BUT.
Go look at the base stats and perks on the FWC Hand Cannon and Rocket Launcher.

They may dress like clowns but god damn those are the best rolls I've ever seen a Vendor carry.

Well, no review code and I accidentally spent €80 instead of €40, but I'm playing. At least I still have €40 in my wallet now, for the DLC's.

Also, got Hawkmoon!

LiK

well, glad I kept the Stranger's Rifle. I kept it just because there was no other way to get it outside the main story.

ocean

Banned
Thing is, i wasnt rushing it. I was finding few hidden ghosts and stuff on my way
If it's 3 hours with exploration, the campaign might be a little shorter than I thought then. This is a huge bummer for people who play Destiny for the campaign, which is probably newcomers tbh :p

If the Raid and Dreadnaught exploration are good and Hand Cannons in PvP return to a decent state, im way more than happy. A cool short campaign is like a bonus for me since it isn't something I'll replay.

bachikarn

Final mission spoilers
Tried ending it with my UNLIMITED POWER but didn't quite make it. I let Gjallarhorn say it's final farewell instead.
Oryx' third phase though. Holy shit. Amazing.

I didn't read the spoiler, but since you finished the story missions, I'm curious if it is implied that the story continues in the Kings Fall raid, or if they make it seem like the story is done like in The Dark Below.

my first legendary hand canon

12038608_10153527879679927_2670517652466771986_o.jpg

Interesting... I won the same handcannon from a cryptarch reward package and it has 244 ATK... is the ATK from a legendary engram also randomized now?

Tjamato88

I'm gonna beat the TTK campaign tonight hopefully and then go back and play all the old content with the new quest lines. Hopefully I get cool stuff from it. Will TTK stuff drop from Y1 content?

I have a bunch of abandoned quests that I definitely completed in 1.0 but not in 2.0 (TDB and HoW content namely).

So yeah, just only got to tour the tower a bunch before I had to go to work. All the new currency systems finally seem much more tuned in our favor. At least that was my initial impressions. It was awesome to level up two factions, vanguard and finally crucible rank a ton of times just from veterans tour and cashing in all of my commendations. One gripe, and baggage from year 1 that has not been addressed is the old style weapons telemetries. There is no way to consolidate them in to the new style. They take up so much uneeded space in my inventory and vault. Guess I will just have to burn through them like crazy for all my new legendary weapons to level.

ocean

Banned
Seriously guys, read the Books of Sorrow. They give you so much background about what the Hive are and their motivations, that our entire struggle against them so far makes a lot of sense. It gives you context.

I wish I had read it before launch, or at the very least before The Dark Below. I don't think I've "spoiled" myself of anything because you'll never get these details in-game.

It's a short read, shouldn't take you more than an hour. It's not directly related to the game's timeline but gives you a backdrop through which to better understand what the hell is going on in this game's reality.

The first books are rather obtuse but once you're about halfway through it all starts clicking. It'll make your Destiny experience more enjoyable.

If you can't play today or for some hours, it's the perfect preparation.

Phear

How do Crucible and Vanguard Marks translate into Legendary Marks? Is it 1:1? So 200 Vanguard, 100 Crucible thats 300 Legendary? Bungie.net shows 0 Legendary Marks for me, i'm still at work...

Klyka

Banned
Seriously guys, read the Books of Sorrow. They give you so much background about what the Hive are and their motivations, that our entire struggle against them so far makes a lot of sense. It gives you context.

I wish I had read it before launch, or at the very least before The Dark Below. I don't think I've "spoiled" myself of anything because you'll never get these details in-game.

It's a short read, shouldn't take you more than an hour. It's not directly related to the game's timeline but gives you a backdrop through which to better understand what the hell is going on in this game's reality.

The first books are rather obtuse but once you're about halfway through it all starts clicking. It'll make your Destiny experience more enjoyable.

If you can't play today or for some hours, it's the perfect preparation.

I am telling my friend who will be waiting for me to get home to do exactly that.
It's a fantastic read.

milkham

How do Crucible and Vanguard Marks translate into Legendary Marks? Is it 1:1? So 200 Vanguard, 100 Crucible thats 300 Legendary? Bungie.net shows 0 Legendary Marks for me, i'm still at work...

your old marks turned into commendations not legendary marks

Somnia

So I know this DGaf is mainly on PS4, but I have just really jumped in heavy on the XB1. Got my Warlock up to 15 (just leveling him normally and going to boost a titan) and am looking for more people to play with as I get up in levels, raid, etc. I joined the XB1 100io group too.

Gamertag: SomniaGAF

Feel free to add me!

Daemul

The story is quite short

Thing is, i wasnt rushing it. I was finding few hidden ghosts and stuff on my way

Yeah, I purposefully went exploring for dead ghosts and points of interest for Nolanbot to scan and give exposition on and I still finished the story mission pretty quick. It was fun though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lol aw, you've been under the wrong impression. You'll have to earn all your legendary marks. Your old ones will turn into reputation consumables.

Shito

Btw guys, the gunsmith has new weapons to test.
They are 200 attack and require level 38.

And Eris has new items locked to being rank 5 with her, two of them being tied to some kind of new mechanic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom