• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoee

Btw guys, the gunsmith has new weapons to test.
They are 200 attack and require level 38.

And Eris has new items locked to being rank 5 with her, two of them being tied to some kind of new mechanic...

Did the old ones disappear from vault/inventories?

ocean

Banned
I see, i got 3 Crucible and 4 Vanguard Commendations. How much rep do they yield?
Each will give 250 to Vanguard/Crucible respectively + 125 to whichever Faction you've pledged with.

The conversion rate was 1 Commendation per every 50 Marks you had.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Btw guys, the gunsmith has new weapons to test.
They are 200 attack and require level 38.

And Eris has new items locked to being rank 5 with her, two of them being tied to some kind of new mechanic...
Anyone know if I can still complete existing bounty weapons from last week?

got a scout from dead orbit

11999813_10153527904424927_8319280866507252021_o.jpg
My word that is sexy

Anyone know if I can still complete existing bounty weapons from last week?

It looks like as long as they are still in your vault or inventory you can. Mine did not magically disappear. I haven't completed an old one to confirm, but it looks like if you kept them you are good to go.

Tecnniqe

Banned
For those of you who finished the story, do the
vault
missions next, its fucking amazing, i mean. Holy shit the new mechanics

Since it is so easy to level up factions and vanguard when you first get in to tower, we should keep the PSA going that,

Vendor packages do not stack! Do not dump items or commendations over and over, they will be a waste. Make sure to grab the vendor package every time you rank something up before continuing with the reputation dump.

Level over NM... get a sniper... turn in all my bounties... level over NM again... sniper again...

Drop a fuck ton of motes into NM rep, level up... gauntlets...

Drop another metric fuck ton of motes into NM rep... gauntlets again...

So... this is smart loot? Nice.

ElRenoRaven

Kudos Bungie. You folks have fixed some of the huge issues. You're actually telling the story in the game. That was the last huge outstanding complaint I think. Now we just have nitpicky shit to deal with.

deoee

Level over NM... get a sniper... turn in all my bounties... level over NM again... sniper again...

Drop a fuck ton of motes into NM rep, level up... gauntlets...

Drop another metric fuck ton of motes into NM rep... gauntlets again...

So... this is smart loot? Nice.

Smart loot does not mean you get something new everytime...

I'm doing the exact same thing right now...

How so?

If you had any marks from year one, you should have commendations. The Veterans Tour mission around the tower yields rep as you unpack gifts from vendors, and you can dump heavy synth, motes, armor mats, etc directly at factions to rank them up. People sitting on large caches of any of these are going to vendors and having a click fest, which is fun, but unlike previously, the packages won't stack at postmaster, they just disappear for good, completely wasting all the items you spent leveling the vendor/faction.

Warlock super is so good :( I kinda wish I didn't level up my Hunter first. The bow is kinda underwhelming early on.

Ha, I actually found the bow super useful but I dumped a shit ton of XP into it and was able to unlock over half of the perks right off the bat. I am glad that's the class I chose first. Will be the defender class of year 2.

ocean

Banned
I really Shaxx's introductory Crucible quests are account wide. Don't fancy going through them x3 :p
Treating PvP as a secondary offshoot was the biggest problem I had with Vanilla. I am really happy people who like focusing on PvP have quests and generous bounties and equal chances at rewards now :)

Shito

FYI, people who made good use of the last NF buff did good: so far all the rep values I come across are the old unbuffed ones.
Gunsmith weapons now give 250 rep for example.

SpecX

Just finished the story, liked every bit and didn't leave me disappointed. Starting to rerun it with my Titan for some hammer time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom