• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Nice to see that leveling to 40 happens super fast, but it just highlights how useless the new leveling system is. I prefer the old light level, which was easier to understand for everyone, I thought, and made more sense considering how they scale damage/enemies. Titan new subclass seems like it would be overpowered in PvP but we will see.

Trickster

Just got a 253 version of one of the chest armors that Zavala sells from one of the quests that (mild content spoiler?)
Unlocks after completing the main story campaign

I'm okay with that :p

Somnia

So I know this DGaf is mainly on PS4, but I have just really jumped in heavy on the XB1. Got my Warlock up to 15 (just leveling him normally and going to boost a titan) and am looking for more people to play with as I get up in levels, raid, etc. I joined the XB1 100io group too.

Gamertag: SomniaGAF

Feel free to add me!

Just wanted re-quote this since the thread is flying and it was near the bottom of a page :)

Nice to see that leveling to 40 happens super fast, but it just highlights how useless the new leveling system is. I prefer the old light level, which was easier to understand for everyone, I thought, and made more sense considering how they scale damage/enemies. Titan new subclass seems like it would be overpowered in PvP but we will see.

Yeah the character Lv40 thing makes no sense. Do the main story quest, turn in a couple bounties, and congrats on reaching the new level cap! Not sure why it exists besides seeming like an easy "progression" system that's palatable for standard RPG players.

The gear and Light grind is the same as before. All this game ever needed was streak breakers in its loot system (which it supposedly has now). I do like having more pieces of gear to determine your Light level though, feels more involved building your character.

spyder_ur

Played about two hours of subclass/story stuff this morning. Stuck at work now. Think I got to 38. Leveling up seems to be so trivial I almost wonder why they added 6 levels or even included it at all, to be honest.

Got a Monte Carlo as the engram drop, which coincidentally (or not?) happens to be the only exotic gun I'm missing that's not part of a bounty/cipher.

Also - my Triumphs got bugged or something so I missed out on it, unless it's sitting on another character. Seems to be known bug based on this Reddit post. I finished the chests 3 or 4 weeks ago and on the progress screen it says 0 chests found and the circle isn't marked.

Yeah the character Lv40 thing makes no sense. Do the main story quest, turn in a couple bounties, and congrats on reaching the new level cap! Not sure why it exists besides seeming like an easy "progression" system that's palatable for standard RPG players.

Yup, once again you put what I was trying to say in my first paragraph much better than I did.

Beckx

haha, did not expect to log in and find it was christmas day in the Tower.

(I didn't play after the beta and just got into the game a couple of weeks back, so the deluge of legendaries + exotic was nice.)

Enjoying the game so much now. Hope to see you around DestinyGAF.

Afrocious

Finished the story.

Huuuuuuuuuuuuge improvement over vanilla.

Can't wait to to give TTK a try after work.

The gear and Light grind is the same as before. All this game ever needed was streak breakers in its loot system (which it supposedly has now). I do like having more pieces of gear to determine your Light level though, feels more involved building your character.

What do you mean by streak breaker? You mean the game adapts to how someone is stuck at a certain level and decides to give them gear to improve a la Diablo 3?

Shito

The levels are there to be used as a way to make new players progress first through the story missions before being able to wear end-game gear.
It's the same mechanics as any other MMO, really, only the story mode is (thankfully) shorter than those.

How quickly are we talking about from 34 -> 40?

Daemul

It cause the enemy to bleed healing you?

No, it allows enemies you've tethered to share damage and explode when killed, When I say share damage I don't mean that the damage is divided between them, I mean that if one shoot one tethered enemy with a HC that does 2000 damage, than you simultaneously deal 2000 damage to all the other tethered enemies. Meaning that if you tether lets say 5 Major Fallen captains and focus fire on one of them to kill him, than the other 4 Major Captains will also die.

It is fucking glorious.
rejoice.png

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Holy crap!!!

So I'm doing my tour through the tower and I get to the cryptarch and he gives me a green engram.
AND IT TURNED INTO THE MONTE CARLO!

Did this happen for everyone else or did I just luck out huge????!?!?!

Anyone get stuck on the first patrol mission where you
place all the beacons?
. Specifically the part where says tsken eliminated. Looks like it wants me to go across the area that had platforms in the earlier missions but they aren't spawning. No idea what to do.

Also has anyone figured out this taken war Petra thing with the taken champions?

Holy crap!!!

So I'm doing my tour through the tower and I get to the cryptarch and he gives me a green engram.

It's called a Deceptive Engram :}

I got Monte too.

Proof positive that Smart Loot works. Clearly giving you an exotic you didn't already have, which is why Team Bone Zone got almost exclusively PS4 Exclusive 'zots.

spyder_ur

How quickly are we talking about from 34 -> 40?

Was playing with a couple people this morning and it seemed like they got to 40 basically with a full set of 5k bounties. I got from 34 to 38 in maybe 90 minutes and didn't have any bounties saved, just using what I completed during that time.

ocean

Banned

I just hope the damage scaling is closer to a continuous scale. Taking old numbers:

You have 30 Light Helm, Gauntlets and Chest but your Boots are 18. Your total light is 108: you're level 29. 33% damage reduction.

You have 30 Light Helm, Gaubtlets and Chest but your boots are 18. Your average Light is 27: you have 90% of the Light required for a 30 Light activity.

If the scaling is somewhat similar to the second scheme this largely superficial change will wind up being a net positive for us.

Not sure how much you're exaggerating... :)

What is the CE buff?

Not at all. I was 34.75 after I got my subclass, I had 16 bounties saved up from Year 1. I applied my red bull buff, and along with my CE class item which gives 10% buff, by the time I turned in all 16 bounties, I was level 40.

Was playing with a couple people this morning and it seemed like they got to 40 basically with a full set of 5k bounties. I got from 34 to 38 in maybe 90 minutes and didn't have any bounties saved, just using what I completed during that time.

Not at all. I was 34.75 after I got my subclass, I had 16 bounties saved up from Year 1. I applied my red bull buff, and along with my CE class item which gives 10% buff, by the time I turned in all 16 bounties, I was level 40.

Wow, OK... so I have 16 Crucible / Vanguard bounties saved up, you're saying this won't be something that takes me a few days?

BokehKing

Banned
The light level system that depended on luck and forced people to quit playing?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
literally 30 seconds with a red bull buff, the CE buff and 16 bounties ready to pop.
Yikes, I don't think I wanna do that. I'll probably level from quests and save the bounties I have completed to throw toward new gear or something.
Holy crap!!!

Seems to be a guaranteed Y1 exotic. An "apology engram" for the Cryptarch's earlier sins from the sound of things.

But he'll never earn my respect.

ocean

Banned
It's called a Deceptive Engram :}

I got Monte too.

Proof positive that Smart Loot works. Clearly giving you an exotic you didn't already have, which is why Team Bone Zone got almost exclusively PS4 Exclusive 'zots.
Gave me a repeat instead of the 1 Exotic I'm missing so it isn't 100% (though apparently highly biased towards giving you something new)

Tecnniqe

Banned
No, it allows enemies you've tethered to share damage and explode when killed, When I say share damage I don't mean that the damage is divided between them, I mean that if one shoot one tethered enemy with a HC that does 2000 damage, than you simultaneously deal 2000 damage to all the other tethered enemies. Meaning that if you tether lets say 5 Major Fallen captains and focus fire on one of them to kill him, than the other 4 Major Captains will also die.

It is fucking glorious.
rejoice.png

Mix that with titan hammer that increase damage to targets hit and you got yourself a nice AOE nuke

Level 40 Warlock with Light 238.
Completed the story missions, VOG story mission, and everything.
I'm gonna take a nap and get back into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom