• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

purg3

slept with Malkin
used the rest of my commendations, and got the same sniper rifle twice and two sidearms with the same stats. Thanks RNG...

Yikes, I don't think I wanna do that. I'll probably level from quests and save the bounties I have completed to throw toward new gear or something.

I'm pretty sensitive to cheapo win buttons, and i don't feel like this is one. It's not like I'm swimming in lvl 40 loot I was just waiting to equip. It is kind of a useless distinction to long time end game players, but I think it gives a smoother ride for new starts who won't be sitting on sixteen bounties waiting for them to pop.

But I still have to find a lot more cool stuff to even get to weekly heroic level

But god I love enjoying new stuff again.

KxoZz

How does the court of Oryx work again? Am I supposed to be able to get something out of the chest? I'm getting nothing...

BraXzy

Just gonna cross post this because why not. After almost a year, I've been sucked in by the hype, I'm gonna pick up TTK but...

God this is the problem with MMO like things. You leave and tonnes of things have changed and you get lost D:

I'm thinking of picking up TTK since I realised I have Xbox credit and wouldn't mind hopping back in. The last time I played was before any expansion hit so I'm a bit like.. wha?

What're legendary marks? Is it worth playing through the expansions content? What can I do with all my current level 20 Exotics that I spent an age acquiring that're now useless? SO MANY QUESTIONS!

Finished the story.

Huuuuuuuuuuuuge improvement over vanilla.

Still waiting for you to change to your new avatar.

vpd4blH.png

What do you mean by streak breaker? You mean the game adapts to how someone is stuck at a certain level and decides to give them gear to improve a la Diablo 3?

It means the game remembers what loot drops you've rceieved and adjusts future drops accordingly so you don't get 15 Hawkmoons and 0 Thunderlords. It means your odds of getting the drops you want/are still missing improve over time.

In Year 1 Destiny you could play every week and your odds of getting a GHorn never improved. You had the same chance from your week 1 Nightfall as your week 50 Nightfall. It's pretty inexcusable for a loot game honestly.

so, thread is flying, but if this has been answered already, apologies.

1. why didn't i get to do the tour with all my characters?
2. what do we do if we didn't receive the weapons from the SUROS pack? meaning, the side-arm, auto-rifle, and the pulse rifle? and no, they are not at the vanguard vendor in the hangar.

What where when how why

Maybe its an exotic sparrow?

Don't think so. She says something about entering her new gun into a fair or something and the bounty says you need to build reputation with Tex Mechanica. I'm pretty sure it's the Tex Mechanica shotgun from one of the trailers.

As for how I got it, I hit 40 and went back to the tower looking around then I went by the Shipwright and she had a quest icon. Turned out to be that.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Just gonna cross post this because why not. After almost a year, I've been sucked in by the hype, I'm gonna pick up TTK but...
fyi someone responded to you in the other thread.

Right. I meant it isn't just applied to all characters, correct? Rep and faction gains are what they were without radiant light prior to 2.0? Or are we getting a little bonus right away?
not sure yet. I think we'll get clarification soon. I'm still too low to do nightfall and weekly

ocean

Banned
Right. I meant it isn't just applied to all characters, correct? Rep and faction gains are what they were without radiant light prior to 2.0? Or are we getting a little bonus right away?
You're getting a bonus, but not the way we expected.

If you do a 100 rep bounty, you'll get 100 Vanguard rep + 50 rep to your faction. In the past it would have been just 100 rep to the faction, or 125 with NF buff.

So your rep gains are permanently buffed by 50%, except this is split between Vanguard or Crucible + your Faction.

Afrocious

It means the game remembers what loot drops you've rceieved and adjusts future drops accordingly so you don't get 15 Hawkmoons and 0 Thunderlords. It means your odds of getting the drops you want/are still missing improve over time.

In Year 1 Destiny you could play every week and your odds of getting a GHorn never improved. You had the same chance from your week 1 Nightfall as your week 50 Nightfall. It's pretty inexcusable for a loot game honestly.

Agreed. *snaps fingers*

Now that Factions don't have stat split differences like Year 1 (e.g. New Monarchy was INT/STR), I don't know what faction to pledge.

Do I just go with the one that has the shaders I want? Like New Monarchy or Dead Orbit?

Or do I go after that sweet hand cannon that FWC has with Firefly + LitC?

Decisions.

Now that I can actually see my characs face and have like a connection to it, I really thought about what allegiance she would have as a titan. I went with New Monarchy, and the way (SUBCLASS QUEST SPOILER)
Zavala sets up the class in the subclass quest intro video
I think my Awoken Brienne of Tarth would definitely side with them.

I'd recommend doing it that way, if you're into actually building a legend with your characters like I am.

:}

void666

Banned

1. why didn't i get to do the tour with all my characters?
2. what do we do if we didn't receive the weapons from the SUROS pack? meaning, the side-arm, auto-rifle, and the pulse rifle? and no, they are not at the vanguard vendor in the hangar.

1 - It's for your account. Not characters
2 - Maybe you have to restore licenses?

FinKL

Suros Preorder weapon package, I didn't get weapons and online says its at the Vanguard Quartermaster, do you have to buy them for 1500 glimmer?

2 - Maybe you have to restore licenses?

Suros Preorder weapon package, I didn't get weapons and online says its at the Vanguard Quartermaster, do you have to buy them for 1500 glimmer?

Happened to me, too. I had a SUROS Package at the Post-master. Opened it and it only gave an emblem & shader, no weapons.

ocean

Banned
Btw I know Crota's End, Prison of Elders and King's Fall all now make some sense in terms of being the natural progression to the campaign and quests but...

Is VoG still a solitary bubble devoid of all context? Like it has nothing to do with anything else in the game. When you visit it in HoW I'm not sure they even acknowledge you've been there.

Falifax

Can you confirm if consecutive Daily PvP matches pay Marks? Or is it just 15 for the first match and you're done for the day?

Dunno, I left immediately after the match finished but I guess it just gives you marks only once. Bungie ain't that generous.

Don't think so. She says something about entering her new gun into a fair or something and the bounty says you need to build reputation with Tex Mechanica. I'm pretty sure it's the Tex Mechanica shotgun from one of the trailers.

As for how I got it, I hit 40 and went back to the tower looking around then I went by the Shipwright and she had a quest icon. Turned out to be that.

Oh yeah that makes sense since the text on The Chaperone mentions Amanda Holliday. Thanks for the info on how you got it.

Btw I know Crota's End, Prison of Elders and King's Fall all now make some sense in terms of being the natural progression to the campaign and quests but...

Is VoG still a solitary bubble devoid of all context? Like it has nothing to do with anything else in the game. When you visit it in HoW I'm not sure they even acknowledge you've been there.

GRIMOIRE SPOILER
Not after reading the books of sorrow. Vex are super involved with Crota and Oryx

ocean

Banned
Dunno, I left immediately after the match finished but I guess it just gives you marks only once. Bungie ain't that generous.
If you can only make 30 Marks a day (15 PvP and 15 Daily Story) then holy shit this is gonna be a grindy ride. We were able to make 600 a week before, now we'd be capped at 210 outside of lucky purples we can trash.

Lawd help us

If you can only make 30 Marks a day (15 PvP and 15 Daily Story) then holy shit this is gonna be a grindy ride. We were able to make 600 a week before, now we'd be capped at 210 outside of lucky purples we can trash.

Lawd help us

Well, legendary weapons/armor are supposed to drop more now...

Lawd help us

That's not really a confirmation though. Even my trepedatious sense of this would wait until he checked the map to see if the activity still offers marks.

The light level system that depended on luck and forced people to quit playing?

That problem was their loot system not the light level system. VoG has some of the most abysmal loot tables imaginable. No idea how a loot game shipped in 2014 with that nonsense.

The light system's problem was the 32% under leveled penalty which became a real deal breaker when combined with the awful RNG. It put people at a huge disadvantage that was out of their control with no assurance of eventual improvement, a.k.a. bad game design.

So just to confirm before I use one.
Are these Vanguard and Crucible commendations my legendary marks?

That's what they turned into. 50 marks per one commendation. The commendations can just be used for 250 rep.

edit: sorry, to clarify, your old Vanguard and Crucible marks turned into commendations. You don't have any legendary marks unless you earn them now.

Lee

You're getting a bonus, but not the way we expected.

If you do a 100 rep bounty, you'll get 100 Vanguard rep + 50 rep to your faction. In the past it would have been just 100 rep to the faction, or 125 with NF buff.

So your rep gains are permanently buffed by 50%, except this is split between Vanguard or Crucible + your Faction.

Right. I figured this would be the case. People were just getting heated about it back on page 190-191. I think bets were made.

The radiant light buff will be missed, but I'm not complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom