• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sunbreaker Missions were underwhelming, at best.

"Go do most of the Nexus strike again and then land on Mercury and kill things" is pretty much it. I just thought there'd be more to it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
One thing I still don't get is what happens with all my old gear? I have a bunch of Exotics from the first couple months of the game, obviously all level 20. Are they useless now?

Not precisely.

1. In Year 1 content, which you may still wish to do for fun or in search of particular Year 1 treasures, they still function exactly as expected; old enemies have not been scaled up.
  2. In the Crucible, all weapon damage and armor is normalized- Light has no impact outside of two event modes (Iron Banner and the Trials of Osiris). In other words, all items are on even footing in PvP.
  3. Some exotics (especially certain armor pieces) are valued highly for particular utility rather than all-around improvement. The Hunter gauntlets "Don't Touch Me," Hunter boots "Bones of Eao," and Titan "Helm of Saint-IV" are good examples. These- even year one versions*- may have use cases in new content where they come in very handy despite not being "optimal."
  4. Many Year 1 exotics are being refreshed to the higher attack/defense levels for Year 2 and, in the case of armor, given additional perks and defensive upgrades. Check out the Exotic Blueprint kiosks in the Vanguard room to see which are available. Having a Year 1 exotic unlocks its year 2 equivalent, but you will have to purchase the Year 2 version and level it anew.

So are all these quest lines meant to be the end game activities? Seems like once finish them all really the only things left will be the usual NF and weekly and then just court of oryx and strikes. I think I'm confused here...

Man well the level grind was no grind at all, focused light plus 16 bounties and done. Wow. I did hang onto iron wrath for this purpose but I don't even think I needed it.

Jinjo

Anyone know how to finish the petra earth patrol quest? What is this secret I need to find and how do I fight taken commanders?

So are all these quest lines meant to be the end game activities? Seems like once finish them all really the only things left will be the usual NF and weekly and then just court of oryx and strikes. I think I'm confused here...

Everybody who's been playing this will be done with the story and level 40 before the day is over. Then its time to grind Marks and hope for cool drops in Strikes/Quests/Raids

so, you know, business as usual

anx10us

Banned
Daily Crucible nets you 15 marks on your first match.

And yeah, nada on more marks.

Thanks. Does it reward better stuff? ie. motes, marks, etc?

I had some duplicate legendaries so sharded them.

Got 3 marks for a piece of armor

So Marks are going to be a nightmare to collect ? If dismantling a Legendary only gives 3, how are we supposed to pull together a decent amount ?

Bungie please ...

Frenden

Banned
I ended up at exactly 230 light on the nose and Illini and I allllllmost beat the heroic difficulty Daily. So close a few times. We just didn't have decent enough weapons to do it, I think.

So Marks are going to be a nightmare to collect ? If dismantling a Legendary only gives 3, how are we supposed to pull together a decent amount ?

Bungie please ...

Exactly what i was afraid of. Cant believe they nerfed the ability to get marks from 600 a week to 210+RNG for purples -_- Bungie why

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Everybody who's been playing this will be done with the story and level 40 before the day is over. Then its time to grind Marks and hope for cool drops in Strikes/Quests/Raids

So funny because it's true. For all the hubbub about all these changes with 2.0, the game really is pretty much exactly the same with a few QOL changes implemented. And Mayhem! I'm not hating on it - it's the Destiny we know and love. But if someone didn't like it before, I don't think anything would change their opinion.

I mean the quest lines that open up once the main story is finished. Just slightly confused as to what the new end game is that's all.

Lol why the fuck does this Quest require 100 points with the last word in crucible. What a stupid idea. 2 points for precision 1 for body and -1 per death. Ugh

flkraven

Exactly what i was afraid of. Cant believe they nerfed the ability to get marks from 600 a week to 210+RNG for purples -_- Bungie why

because marks are now legendary mats

i think they wanted to slow the game down some, give you some quality time with your legendaries

That, and Bungie clearly stated that they wanted people to obtain their gear in a more organic way. Dropping on patrol, playing crucible, completing a quest. I've already read in this very thread that people are max level and basically geared with legendaries. Clearly the game has been rebalanced in a way where we don't need 600 marks in a week to be decent.

Zoidberg

That, and Bungie clearly stated that they wanted people to obtain their gear in a more organic way. Dropping on patrol, playing crucible, completing a quest. I've already read in this very thread that people are max level and basically geared with legendaries. Clearly the game has been rebalanced in a way where we don't need 600 marks in a week to be decent.

Bingo. Relax with the marks, enjoy the game for a bit and it will play out. This is not the same game as a few weeks ago in terms of how you get your loot.

ocean

Banned
I have to remind myself that NeoGAF isn't the place to instruct people about the basic notions of economics, but the amount of ignorance that crops up whenever DLC is involved brings me to this autopilot "somebody is wrong on the Internet" frenzy which is, of course, ultimately futile.

Hzoltan69

Anybody want to team up for story missions? I am at the Promethean Code mission, but willing to play earlier ones as well - I don't really like playing solo...

ocean

Banned
Randomness is the bane of this game and seeing it have an increased influence on progression is something I can't see as a positive under any scenario, but I'll concede that this is a matter of preference which can't be argued for on objective grounds beyond "I fucking hate not controlling what I'll get and when I'll get it".

ocean

Banned
Lol why the fuck does this Quest require 100 points with the last word in crucible. What a stupid idea. 2 points for precision 1 for body and -1 per death. Ugh
A week ago this quest would have me so happy. TLW is the exotic I have most kills with by a pretty fair margin.

Now this will just be a depressing reminder of how a king was slain.

One thing I still don't get is what happens with all my old gear? I have a bunch of Exotics from the first couple months of the game, obviously all level 20. Are they useless now?

So i dont know the exact math

But light level recommendations seem to suggest the damage curve ranges

So say Year one content is LL140

Any gear +/- 40 levels of that is viable. Now what I dont know is

- How drastic the difference is
- Whether the damage gets CAPPED for overpowered gear in lower light activities

My guess is that the MAX bonus over the enemies will be the 40 LL over. After that there will be no further bonus but this is just speculation on my part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom