• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

flkraven

Randomness is the bane of this game and seeing it have an increased influence on progression is something I can't see as a positive under any scenario, but I'll concede that this is a matter of preference which can't be argued for on objective grounds beyond "I fucking hate not controlling what I'll get and when I'll get it".

I hate complete randomness too, but I think they are just shifting around what you can control. Legendary, non-raid items may be take more time to obtain specifically, however, Exotics now seem much less RNG dependent with the year 2 blueprint path and exotic quests. Likewise, even if you get a bunch of bad RNG with legendaries, atleast now you can trash them into marks and buy the one you want.

Lee

You have to be doing pretty dang well for it not to take forever

Get a buddy into rumble and cheese it? It sounds like work, yeah, but doable if you're willing to put in the time. Does it look like that's the only step to complete? If so, it's not that bad.

BraXzy

People told me it was not OP but I know it was OP when I watched the streams.

The SUPER is amazing good for both PVP and PVE.

Does Warlock seem to have the best new super? They all look cool but the Warlock one does look like it'd do the most damage.

matmanx1

Reading this thread is not helping my workday go any faster. I will more certainly be using Remote Play during lunch hour today!!

I guess I just missed it before but is there a place to exchange plasteel plating for the new armor materials?

ethomaz

Banned
Does Warlock seem to have the best new super? They all look cool but the Warlock one does look like it'd do the most damage.
Think like a Bladedancer with better control, more super time, mid to long range, and multiple target damage.

The Lord Sith Super.

PS. Not unlocked the best perks for it yet.

Lee

Warlock and Titan for PvP and just doing damage. Hunter has some nice perks for PvE, especially chest/material radar blips automatically, but is lacking in PvP imho.

Jinjo

Warlock new subclass is again over others subclasses.

Lies. Nightstalker is the new best PvE subclass. Even better than Defender possibly.

ethomaz

Banned
I don't know if you throw grenades in Lord Sith mode (yeap you can do that) it get boost damage or cooldown... I will try later.

shermas

Opened two or three public event packs to roll over my faction.. got to level 36, just like that. Seems silly.

Also got a Hawkmoon (I know it's not amazing anymore) during the tour. Kind of cool.

About to start the stories with my first toon.

Weird to have Purple gear and weapons in my inventory that I can't use yet...

Impulsor

Warlock new subclass is again over others subclasses.

I haven't tried it yet but I feel like Sunbreaker and STormcaller are pretty even in how they work and what they do.

Reule

Anyone who bought it from Best Buy get the Suros Pack? I was told I'd get it from pre-ordering and even the guy ahead of me thought so too. Girlfriend and I both didn't have a code on the receipt or in the game.

when I was level 36, I played the Crucible Daily and got no Marks
then I leveled up to 40, then I played that same Crucible Daily and got 15 Marks.

So, that means you need to be level 40 to be able to earn marks

LTWood12

Only Destiny could make me resent having to lay out on the beach all day. Just read like 40 pages of Gaf though to sustain me. Love you guys! Can't wait to dive in

Klyka

Banned
Oh hey, check out what arrived just in time for launch!

mydestinypictures.jpg

Daemul

One of the most annoying things so far is your Guardian being a mute, we know that they can talk. People are constantly talking to the Guardian but Nolanbot is doing all speaking for them, it's immersion breaking.

Klyka

Banned
One of the most annoying things so far is your Guardian being a mute, we know that they can talk. People are constantly talking to the Guardian but Nolanbot is doing all speaking for them, it's immersion breaking.

That....is really weird cause your Guardian definitely talks in the vanilla story.

flkraven

So should I wait to roll over/open packages when I'm level 40? or is level 40 gear being awarded when people do it at a lower level?

Lol why the fuck does this Quest require 100 points with the last word in crucible. What a stupid idea. 2 points for precision 1 for body and -1 per death. Ugh

They need to get rid of thes lose progress quests in fucking crucible

or at least change the points earned versus lost to a reasonable ratio

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm very curious about how that TLW-reliant exotic bounty will go. I'm actually looking forward to getting it. Maybe it will actually cause Bungie to buff it a little bit because there will be so many complaints, lol.

Axoman

Likewise, even if you get a bunch of bad RNG with legendaries, atleast now you can trash them into marks and buy the one you want.

At three legendary marks per dismantle, you'd need 25 legendary items to dismantle just to buy anything other than a helmet.

That is not a viable source of marks.

If there is no way to grind legendary marks, then the whole deal with being able to earn an unlimited amount is BS.

If you can only reliably earn through daily/weekly activities, then that is a weekly limit. You can't tell me I'm going to be getting 75+ marks a week from dismantling gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom