• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home! CE is great, really happy with it. Slip cover was glued onto the box took ages to slip off :p Now waiting on some update to prepare and install, hoping it isn't big. So whats the general opinion on it?

DjRalford

They dont. Defense on the package ones seems to be lower, mostly around 240-250 for me. Vendor ones are 280. I think random legendaries in the world will last until you have full vendor, full vendor leads to raid, full raid leads to hard mode raid gear.

That's complete horseshoe, they said they didn't want people to rely on buying but earning, yet earning it gives you lower stats.

Bungie please

They dont. Defense on the package ones seems to be lower, mostly around 240-250 for me. Vendor ones are 280. I think random legendaries in the world will last until you have full vendor, full vendor leads to raid, full raid leads to hard mode raid gear.

You can infuse the package gear up to 280 I suppose, but that seems to require 3 legendary marks + scrap legendary gear to dismantle for the infusion. So infusion basically costs 6 legendary marks. The three you have to spend, and the three you lose by sacrificing a weapon to infuse another.

Edit: I wonder what will end up costing more marks; to get a legendary from a package and infuse it up to 280, or just buy it straight at 280.

First Nightstalker PvP match. First use of the super on a group. First Slayer with a Nighstalker.

giphy.gif

This gonna be good. I used the tether damage is shared/kills explode perk.

Excellent distant crowd control super hunter desperately needed, blade dancer in PVE was a death sentence, especially on nightfall.

Golden Gun should of been buffed to just one shot everything but bosses.

Zoidberg

That's complete horseshoe, they said they didn't want people to rely on buying but earning, yet earning it gives you lower stats.

Bungie please

The stats on stuff for me is all over the place. I got some weapons with 244 before finishing the story, and my reward for completing the story was a set of 200 weapons to choose from. I've had 2 legendary armor pieces drop with 243 and 244 light, just bought my first vendor piece for 280.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
One spot left for anyone who wants to see (or revisit) the Vault of Glass on Thursday.

(CLICK HERE)

PS4 - Thursday, September 17th, 2015 - Vault of Glass Newbie Raid
  • 9:00PM ET - 8:00 PM CT - 6:00PM PT - 2:00 AM Friday BST
  • Minimum Level is 26 for Vault of Glass and 29 for Crota's End.
  • These are specifically geared for first-timers, and all encounters are fully explained for all roles, along with overall raid tips (and maybe even a tiny bit of lore). However, those who have run the raid before and even veterans are welcome if you feel like joining and can be patient with the truebies.
  • First come first serve. If you filled out the form completely and submitted it, your spot is reserved. The form shuts down automatically when the group is full.
  • If you wish to be an alternate, want to help but don't want to take a spot right away, or otherwise want to be kept in mind for the group just send me a PM on GAF or a PSN message.
1 spots remaining.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Gosh the new content is so much better than vanilla it's crazy. And Nightstalker is hella fun!

I am quickly getting the feeling that Bungie removed a bunch of the smaller progress gates in the game, everyone thought they were awesome for finally fixing the game and removing the grind, but all they did was trade the small ones in for one giant fat progress gate called "Legendary Marks"

I don't know how you purchased the game, but I got a specific code for the Suros pack. Be aware either way, they are very basic weapons that will be rapidly outclassed as you play (if you haven't already).

Pre-TTK class items may pop out of Legendary class item engrams, but we don't know for sure yet.

I bought it digitally. The poster above you says that they should be available with the Quartermaster. I'll check there later tonight. I mostly just want to try them out, but I'll probably stay with my Pest Control Matrix until I find a better, newer, auto rifle or pulse rifle to replace it.

I thought that they might pop out of engrams, too, so I guess we'lll see. Until then, I've pledged New Monarchy, because they have the Kallipolis Mantle, which a NM colored variation of the Fixer. That'll have to do. Thanks for the help and advice!

shermas

I just got to 40 and it looks like the heroic strike playlist pays out 10 marks... I'm thinking that's per strike, but maybe it's only once a week. I can't get into it yet bc my gear is :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
All full for a VoG raid Thursday night <3

Okay, NOW to do some actual work.
I signed up *_*
It'll be fun!
I bought it digitally. The poster above you says that they should be available with the Quartermaster. I'll check there later tonight. I mostly just want to try them out, but I'll probably stay with my Pest Control Matrix until I find a better, newer, auto rifle or pulse rifle to replace it.

I thought that they might pop out of engrams, too, so I guess we'lll see. Until then, I've pledged New Monarchy, because they have the Kallipolis Mantle, which a NM colored variation of the Fixer. That'll have to do. Thanks for the help and advice!
Anytime!

I am quickly getting the feeling that Bungie removed a bunch of the smaller progress gates in the game, everyone thought they were awesome for finally fixing the game and removing the grind, but all they did was trade the small ones in for one giant fat progress gate called "Legendary Marks"

STAHP GRINDING FOR MARKS

ocean

Banned
Two months back:

Finally completed the VIP grimoire! :D
No more VIPs!

Today:
"Hey, bitchkaze! You thought you were done with me? Ha! Get back to farming VIP kills. This time on each destination."
What? Please tell me this doesn't mean what I think it does

What?

DjRalford

The stats on stuff for me is all over the place. I got some weapons with 244 before finishing the story, and my reward for completing the story was a set of 200 weapons to choose from. I've had 2 legendary armor pieces drop with 243 and 244 light, just bought my first vendor piece for 280.

How'd you afford a vendor piece already?

STAHP GRINDING FOR MARKS

You can't. That is the problem. From what everyone is reporting, there no weekly cap on how many marks you can earn, but there is a soft cap by ways of limited activities that earn marks. The troubling part is a hell of a lot of gear/upgrading mechanics are all tied to that single currency.

You can't. That is the problem. From what everyone is reporting, there no weekly cap on how many marks you can earn, but there is a soft cap by ways of limited activities that earn marks. The troubling part is a hell of a lot of gear/upgrading mechanics are all tied to that single currency.

Its a loot based game

Why not earn gear naturally by playing it as such

X-Frame

Guys someone just got a Level 40, 244 Attack Party Crasher +1 in the Crucible.

This means the "best" HoW shotguns are coming with us in Year 2? Iron Banner and Trials?!

Wow. Granted they won't be able to be re-rolled, but still.

DjRalford

Every single piece of legendary gear I've got has between 242 and 258 for att Def, the vendor equivalents of exactly the same gear are 280

Its a loot based game

Why not earn gear naturally by playing it as such

Because that gear isn't the same quality as the gear you can buy. Which goes against the main thing Bungie was saying they wanted to fix. Earn stuff, instead of grinding to buy it. Right now, my earned gear is 56 points lower attack than the exact version I could buy.

Im just getting the feeling that people want marks to come easy so they dont have to PLAY the game

Is everyone just obsessed with getting to the raid and being done with destiny at the START of year 2?

Frenden

Banned
Im just getting the feeling that people want marks to come easy so they dont have to PLAY the game

Is everyone just obsessed with getting to the raid and being done with destiny at the START of year 2?

That's a pretty dismissive way of looking at valid complaints about the negative changes to the marks system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom