• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Nightstalker PvP match. First use of the super on a group. First Slayer with a Nighstalker.

giphy.gif

This gonna be good. I used the tether damage is shared/kills explode perk.

That looks incredible.

Got Hawkmoon as well from Rahool's green engram, which leaves 4th Horseman (and 2 of the Queen's) as the last Year 1 exotics. Not as exciting though, now that the gun has been brought down.

Turned in all my bounties with focused light and hit 40 instantly. Leveled New Monarchy about 6 times and got the new ship. Finished the story at 237 light, went to do the 260 heroic strike since it said exotic armor upgrade. Took 3 hours to beat (I was the highest level 23 under, and it was Dust Palace and no one understood elemental types). Got a legendary sniper and some trash class items.

Finished for now at 246 light after ranking vanguard again.

Nope, marks per game are gone. So far I have 21 marks from dismantling a couple Legendaries and doing the Daily Crucible. But I could've gotten those 21 marks yesterday after like 4 games.

I am not seeing how this new mark system is an upgrade unless it'll be raining Legendaries all week.

Wow... That's interesting. And I dismantled all my legendary items after the update for motes of light...

EL CUCO

Ghaleon has asked that general discussion of the new content and the welcoming/guidance of new players take place there, yes.
Ha. I was wondering where everyone was. Only noticed a couple of regulars. Poor Lnkn is over there trying his best lol

Wow that blows big time. I've seen you get marks for the heroic strike playlist, I really hope that is something you can continuously farm all day long. If that's once also then I don't know what to say.

I think they said it was something stupid like "the first three" heroic strikes you do in a week.

Klyka

Banned
Sadly my friend didn't get his physical TTK copy in the mail today, so I'll wait till tomorrow until I play.
We went through all of Vanilla together and waited on the other, so i'm not gonna go ahead on TTK now, we've both been too hyped for it.

Lee

First Nightstalker PvP match. First use of the super on a group. First Slayer with a Nighstalker.

giphy.gif

This gonna be good. I used the tether damage is shared/kills explode perk.

Nice. Question, that first guy you shot could have shot you back, no? Is there a cooldown period after tether where you can't shoot?

Arrrammis

Has anyone been able to get the Taken leutinent/captains to spawn for the Taken assault: earth bounty? Been hanging out with a fireteam for over an hour and still no sightings.

I think they said it was something stupid like "the first three" heroic strikes you do in a week.
If that's the case then it really seems like there will be jack shit to do in this game now.

Will wait a few days before getting too upset though as hopefully we are just missing some things at the moment.

Finished one story on my warlock at 233 light but that was due to pumping ammo/armour into DO for rank ups, without that I'd be at 213

Initial thoughts and no doubt I'm in a minority of one but the whole things a mess, quest for this quest for that, wheres the progression/marks

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ha. I was wondering where everyone was. Only noticed a couple of regulars. Poor Lnkn is over there trying his best lol
I've begun to post some as well. I do feel that it may unfortunately serve largely as an outlet for complaints but I have been able to provide a bit of actual help through PMs and such so that's good.

Gotta do a whole bunch of actual work now though, so I'll be going dark for a while :(

I'm gonna repost this here, because the thread on the Gaming side is going a bit too fast.

Anyone have access to their Suros weapons yet? I have the emblem and shader, but I'm not being prompted about the weaponry. Also, I'm a bit peeved that I missed out on getting the Fixer cloak that I wanted for my Hunter. I only needed one more day of it being available, and I'd have been able to buy it. What are the chances of it popping up elsewhere? It was previously a Legendary Class Item that Cayde-6 sold. I never saw it anywhere else.

I haven't had the chance to start the story, mostly because I only played for half and hour before work.

Frenden

Banned
Finished one story on my warlock at 233 light but that was due to pumping ammo/armour into DO for rank ups, without that I'd be at 213

Initial thoughts and no doubt I'm in a minority of one but the whole things a mess, quest for this quest for that, wheres the progression/marks

I loved the story. The economy is the same two steps forward one step back as always. Except on the one step back someone tripped and fell down this time.

Mark drought is real.

Man, if the package reward legendaries don't have the same att/def ratings as the ones you can buy from the same vendor you got the package from....then this legendary mark situation is going to go from annoying to game breaking.

Jinjo

I'm gonna repost this here, because the thread on the Gaming side is going a bit too fast.

Anyone have access to their Suros weapons yet? I have the emblem and shader, but I'm not being prompted about the weaponry. Also, I'm a bit peeved that I missed out on getting the Fixer cloak that I wanted for my Hunter. I only needed one more day of it being available, and I'd have been able to buy it. What are the chances of it popping up elsewhere? It was previously a Legendary Class Item that Cayde-6 sold. I never saw it anywhere else.

I haven't had the chance to start the story, mostly because I only played for half and hour before work.

Vanguard quartermaster. Yes. The common weapons. I know. Total disappointment.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I don't know how you purchased the game, but I got a specific code for the Suros pack. Be aware either way, they are very basic weapons that will be rapidly outclassed as you play (if you haven't already).

Pre-TTK class items may pop out of Legendary class item engrams, but we don't know for sure yet.

Zoidberg

Man, if the package reward legendaries don't have the same att/def ratings as the ones you can buy from the same vendor you got the package from....then this legendary mark situation is going to go from annoying to game breaking.

They dont. Defense on the package ones seems to be lower, mostly around 240-250 for me. Vendor ones are 280. I think random legendaries in the world will last until you have full vendor, full vendor leads to raid, full raid leads to hard mode raid gear.

Vanguard quartermaster. Yes. The common weapons. I know. Total disappointment.

Wait, the Fixer Cloak is gone now?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
One spot left for anyone who wants to see (or revisit) the Vault of Glass on Thursday.

(CLICK HERE)

PS4 - Thursday, September 17th, 2015 - Vault of Glass Newbie Raid
  • 9:00PM ET - 8:00 PM CT - 6:00PM PT - 2:00 AM Friday BST
  • Minimum Level is 26 for Vault of Glass and 29 for Crota's End.
  • These are specifically geared for first-timers, and all encounters are fully explained for all roles, along with overall raid tips (and maybe even a tiny bit of lore). However, those who have run the raid before and even veterans are welcome if you feel like joining and can be patient with the truebies.
  • First come first serve. If you filled out the form completely and submitted it, your spot is reserved. The form shuts down automatically when the group is full.
  • If you wish to be an alternate, want to help but don't want to take a spot right away, or otherwise want to be kept in mind for the group just send me a PM on GAF or a PSN message.
1 spots remaining.[/QUOTE]

maomaoIYP

I may be wrong but I'm guessing that their new progression design is based on RNG drops rather than purchasing. Marks are rare and items are expensive, but drops seem to be way more generous than year 1.

I had trouble here too. Go stand on the other platform to the left of you and somehow you can trigger a wave of energy or something that highlights where the platforms will be. I think it might be to do with popping your ghost out but not 100%. It was really clunky for me but I got it in the end.

darknil

So I'm excited to not really get all the new systems in place, even if we had 1 week to try to understand the new systems.

Is there a checklist we should do before starting TTK content as a lvl 34 guardian who played last week?

Also, I feel I'm losing content just by living somewhere where the red bull codes cannot be obtained other than in ebay. ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom