• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raybunny

For me the only thing that worked was fully charged melee kills. So fifty fully charged punches. Frustrating is right. I hope it's bugged so that any kills inside the bubble count because otherwise its just wrong.

I've done it with the armamentarium in the dark beyond. each 2 grenades got 10-15 kills. then 1 kill from a punch. Was quite fast.

Edit: Top page without any gif.

E92 M3

Yo Destiny GAF, first time posting here but I got a couple of questions, is it too late to do Skolas & hard mode raids for the moments of triumph?

and am I right in thinking that after next week vanguard and crucible marks are disappearing and being replaced completely by legendary marks?

Welcome. It's not too late and you are correct about marks disappearing.

Marvel

could never
Anybody else having a tough time transitioning away from TLW?

I wasn't aware it was nerfed or something as I've just come back but I did use it in Rift for a few games. I did really well with it like always.

Feels ok to me.

PuMa

I wasn't aware it was nerfed or something as I've just come back but I did use it in Rift for a few games. I did really well with it like always.

Feels ok to me.

I've been trying to branch out since the patch nerf, but nothing else feels quite right to me.

noomi

Yo Destiny GAF, first time posting here but I got a couple of questions, is it too late to do Skolas & hard mode raids for the moments of triumph?

and am I right in thinking that after next week vanguard and crucible marks are disappearing and being replaced completely by legendary marks?

Not too late, but I think you only have 2-3 days to get it done. Welcome to DGAF :)

Anybody else having a tough time transitioning away from TLW?

Yes :( I miss it dearly.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man can't believe how quick it takes to hit level 30. At this rate I could easily do my Hunter to it as well but think I'll take a break and use the boost.

DjRalford

GAF I need your help.

I am after all of Lord Shaxx quotes from the crucible, including the latest ones if possible, in MP3 format so I can use them on my phone.

Tovarisc

How many quests are there for each subclass?

I'm planning on saving the last quest of each subclass untill TTK hits.

There is one quest chain / subclass, last step of them all seems to be X kills / Y orbs during one strike. I think there is 5 or so steps in chain.

Like advised don't do any of them before 15th! Apparently system is fucked and if you do quests before that you run high risk of missing out on subclass themed emblems. Same goes with faction quests, just don't touch them.

Bungie gave us quest system that is fucked if touched before 15th.

Dunlop

I've taken a break for a good month from this game and am planning on returning on the TTK

but...is there anything I should be doing now since receiving the update that I will not be able to do once Taken King launches?

Seibmoz

Can anyone confirm if I abandon the subclass quest lines that they will appear at the new abandon quest line kiosk? I wanna save those for Tuesday and I want to make sure I can pick them back up

Deku Tree

Can anyone confirm if I abandon the subclass quest lines that they will appear at the new abandon quest line kiosk? I wanna save those for Tuesday and I want to make sure I can pick them back up

That is supposed to happen to every quest line... haven't checked it though sorry.

darthbob

Yep, you can pick them back up, however it won't reset your progress.

HMD

the new playstation exclusive strike looks pretty fun... :(

Well, you guys have The Undying Mind now! Novamomb everything!

Are you all using send it or perfect balance?

Perfect Balance, stability is range in PRs. Always go of the highest possible stability, range stat is only for damage drop-offs and larger hitbox sizes when shooting from across the map, which isn't even possible with a low stability Bad Juju anyway.

SpecX

Good thing I only did the kill portion for the striker quest and nothing else. Glad I checked in here, otherwise I would have burned through and not even know about the issue. Still trying to adjust to PvP but I think I'm going to be stuck at the bottom until the new weapons hit. I always was subaverage in crucible, but can't manage to even hit 1 k/d on any mode outside of control and even there it's hit or miss. Been a hand cannon user since the beta and this nerf has hit me hard.

nOoblet16

Anyone have any videos of Trick shotting with the new TLW?

I want to see someone, anyone, master hipfire headshots

I am in the process of recording clips, I'll bunch them together to show that you can still hit targets and get full damage (sans aggressive ballistic damage boost) at medium range, hip fire at close and do quite decent with the gun.

I still do better with TLW/Sniper combo than any other viable PvP gun and I've tried them all. The firerate is just not there, this gun still provides me with a faster TTK than those other guns.

There is one quest chain / subclass, last step of them all seems to be X kills / Y orbs during one strike. I think there is 5 or so steps in chain.

Like advised don't do any of them before 15th! Apparently system is fucked and if you do quests before that you run high risk of missing out on subclass themed emblems. Same goes with faction quests, just don't touch them.

Bungie gave us quest system that is fucked if touched before 15th.

you can do them now just don't hand them in once completed (the strike portion is always the last step) as thats when you get the class item and emblem

I'd really recommend doing them now as they're a huge pain in the ass especially x6

flkraven

So did anyone else have like 5 or 6 'abandonded' quests at the kiosk? Some of them seem to be from the Taken King, but they are all basically 'talk to this person, etc'. One is the black garden mission. I thought I already did some of these? What's going on here?

ocean

Banned
We should start a 2 team matched Runble lobby with all 6 on Part Chat tonight to test different weapon effectiveness, shotgun one-shot ranfe, HC range drop offs, grenade range for bolts and stuff like that.

noomi

What has been your favorite so far, post-patch? I guess probably Messenger for me. I'm just not an AR person.

Bad juju/high impact shotty is my favorite combo right now. I have some success with the Suros, and in very close quarters maps I'll whip out TLW or Hawkmoon.

Holy shit! First Crucible match and dominated with Gunslinger.

Gunslinger seems to be the way to go now, I even switched my perks up. Penetrate multiple targets + combust = awesomeness.

Max Armor & Agility, low recov.

Do we know if Focused Light gives character XP too or just weapons/gear XP?

I believe it's a buff similar to the nightfall where it affects everything for 30min.

nOoblet16

Oh and let me say that Bannerfall is a great map, a symmetrical map done right (unlike Pantheon). It's great...too bad the same DLC includes turd like Memento.

phen0m24

Whatever that map is with the huge jumping pad thing in the middle. Confused.

But last night our team had A, forget about B, but try to take C? Yeah forget it. Some guy was camping out with Jolder's Hammer and we couldn't get around him. First world don't know the map problems I'm sure but that was frustrating.

Hoping to jump into one of the pressure free pvp fireteams for some bounty completions tonight.

:)

Oh and pulse rifles rule and Timepiece forever. :)

Gammacide

Hahaha! "Do you like it better when Lord Saladin oversees these matches? Do I look like I care?!" Lord Shaxx is incredible.
Also, where the heck is Bannerfall?? I've been playing rift and it just isn't showing up! :-/

nOoblet16

Bad juju/high impact shotty is my favorite combo right now. I have some success with the Suros, and in very close quarters maps I'll whip out TLW or Hawkmoon.

Gunslinger seems to be the way to go now, I even switched my perks up. Penetrate multiple targets + combust = awesomeness.

Max Armor & Agility, low recov.

Gunslinger is not any more effective than it was before, Bladedancer still has blink and quickdraw. I was a hardcore gunslingin' knife throwing warrior until I got electrified by Bladedancer's Quickdraw. Both require different playstyle though, it's just that Bladedancer is a faster playstyle and it requires retreating a lot.

Tjamato88

So did anyone else have like 5 or 6 'abandonded' quests at the kiosk? Some of them seem to be from the Taken King, but they are all basically 'talk to this person, etc'. One is the black garden mission. I thought I already did some of these? What's going on here?
I had those too. I have no idea why they're there. I definitely finished the game and played all the HoW content which I also had a quest for.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
What is it with 34's and cheesing low level Strikes.
tzFA1.gif

I'm a 26 with shit armour just blasting through.

noomi

Gunslinger is not any more effective than it was before, Bladedancer still has the advantage with blink and quickdraw. I was a hardcore gunslingin' knife throwing warrior until I got electrified by Bladedancer's Quickdraw.

But the arc bolt :(

Can't live without an effective grenade.

Namikaze1

Game puts in a match already underway. Team is losing.

Match ends with me on top of my team's scoreboard with second most point overall across both teams and my team won. First time I've been put on a losing team that ends winning the match.

nOoblet16

But the arc bolt :(

Can't live without an effective grenade.

It's effective and the range is still quite big with Lucky Raspberry (the net range reduction wasn't much, it used to be 9 meters without lucky raspberry, now it's 8), you just need to be slightly more accurate rather than the blind throw everyone used to do. It does 91 damage, contrary to what the patch notes says i.e. 75...while it's lower than before you have to keep in mind that arcbolt's purpose was its ability to drain the enemy's shield or take down an enemy who has lost his shield...with 91 damage it manages to do it. Before an enemy could have some shield left and still die from arcbolt because it'd do 122 damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom