• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubenov

It's not completely unreachable, just a super hard jump with blink. The risk of jumping over there with blink probably isn't worth it, though.

Ah so you can reach, I fell on my first try and said "fuck this" and changed to a reg jump. Now I'm transitioning into Gunslinger.

X-Frame

Crucible right now sure feels like shotguns are EVERYWHERE

I used TLW to counter shotguns all the time pre-patch and now I feel like it's way too unreliable to do that.

This is what I figured. Bungie needs to just kill the high-impact shotgun archetype ASAP and shave off impact for these shotguns and this will go away.

Even if Bungie introduces all lower impact, faster firing shotguns in TTK people will still hold onto their HoW sniper shotguns because they will always be the best option in PvP, no question.

Shot Package should also just be removed. I want actual shotgun/melee gunfights!

ocean

Banned
Max impact/range shotguns like Matador 64 and Felwinter's Lie are an archetype which doesn't have to be nerfed. It has to be eliminated.

Make them higher RoF and lower impact. Those truck shotguns are garbage in PvE because they're too slow and garbage in PvP because they ruin the game.

It's not even about the perks. The fact that you have to go out of your way nerfing Rangefinder, Shot Package, Hammer Forged and Aggressive Ballistics tells you there's an issue. It's not 1 perk that's broken. It's this entire family of shotguns.

They make no sense and can't be perk balanced while they have that much impact and max range.

j-wood

Created a game for tonight if anyone is willing to help out. Need to take down skolas for my triumph!

https://www.the100.io/game/317510

In other news, I was really disappointed in the supposed auto rifle buff playing PVP last night. I was using my suros and doing TERRIBLE. Could barely get a kill. Then I realized it was because of how much they changed the stability...holy shit. It bounces all over the screen now. I had to change the perk to the one that gives stability at the cost of range/impact.

Kyoufu

Ray/Ocean:

I require ze assistance in the Undying Mind strike whenever you guys are available. I decided to get some of my subclasses ready to be turned in on Tuesday.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
One notch above Titan tier ..wut?
Blink nerf is a myth, anyone saying otherwise is blowing it out of the proportions honestly, even numerically speaking it's insignificant..the delay is not between each blink but every two blink and honestly it's so small that I wonder why they even bothered. There is a reason people are still blink shotgunning.

And you don't need to tell me about the perks of Gunslinger, I've put countless hours in both. Both have their advantages but they both have different playstyle, if you are a gunslinger then you need to play passive aggressive and try to keep some distance between your opponent and yourself...if you are a bladedancer then you need to be quite actively aggressive and even close up. After the nerf TLW works better with Bladedancer than it does with gunslinger...since you can blink into range quickly and also blink out to reload...it's something that gunslingers lack. Plus pre/post nading helps it a lot, gunslingers again lack the grenade tools here. But they do have throwing knife and the best super in PvP.
lol its not a myth. you can't ready weapons nearly as fast coming out of blink anymore - just another thing that bungie hasn't included in patch notes or perk lists. it shouldn't surprise anyone either. they've a long, thorough history of not disclosing everything on updates. the general consensus is that blink took a hit though because it did. it said nothing about weapon readying or the start up window - both have been clearly altered. that small difference is all people need to react. before it was impossible to counter. now it is. that changes a lot of what blink had going for it -> the ability to be countered at all

its hardly the 'oh shit, i lost him. am i gonn*dead*" it used to be.

gunslingers always had a top tier nade, incin being buffed is just a nice option to have.

i honestly don't think the blade dancers have a legit grenade option anymore. arcbolt was always weird with its tracking to begin with, sometimes it wouldn't hit guys directly underneath it, it'd block itself on corners, etc... now it doesn't even hit like it used to? naw. i'm good lol

matmanx1

My friends and I still did the level 34 POE last night for giggles and it felt quite a bit more difficult and it took longer to kill stuff than normal. We're all level 34 and have ascended weapons with elemental primaries and it was still making us sweat a little bit.

Conclusion: there has definitely been some power lost in comparison to pre 2.0.

The upside is that all of a sudden POE lvl 34 required all of our attention and coordination (especially with that Vex boss) and ended up feeling pretty satisfying to complete even if the rewards are mostly useless at this point.

ocean

Banned
Ray/Ocean:

I require ze assistance in the Undying Mind strike whenever you guys are available. I decided to get some of my subclasses ready to be turned in on Tuesday.
I'll be home in an hour and a half.

Start working on the first steps, they're easier solo anyways. X amount of kills with your charged melee / your grenade / Super and then make X orbs.

You should have that done by the time I'm home and we can run strikes for the kill X Major in a strike type of quest :)

On one of the pads with the elders you can pick up 'abandoned' quests. It's giving we quests and XP for the old missions though.
What level are you as well? Gonna assume if you are level 34. If I am correct and you are level 34, you won't be earning XP until TTk is released. That seems most likely since this update is pretty much TTK but it won't be active until it's actually release on Tuesday.

Kyoufu

Saw a guy using a new dance, how?

Collector's Edition TTK.

I'll be home in an hour and a half.

Start working on the first steps, they're easier solo anyways. X amount of kills with your charged melee / your grenade / Super and then make X orbs.

You should have that done by the time I'm home and we can run strikes for the kill X Major in a strike type of quest :)

Yeah, I'm on the final part for Striker (did Defender with randoms last night). Going to prepare Warlock subs now.

I managed to see about the SubClass quest not giving rewards before I finished both on my Titan. They're already done on my Warlock and Hunter.

I also did all the gunsmith stuff across my toons. The sniper felt more like a scout rifle than a sniper rifle.

I played a bunch of the new maps and nothing really stuck out. I'm not a fan of maps designed with rift in mind.

I tried out:
Messenger
Bad Juju
Hopscotch
Red Death
Hard Light
Monte Carlo
Mida

The hopscotch seemed fine to me, but it is now a three shot kill if I am not mistaken? Hard Light was solid, but I think the Monte Carlo is the better AR choice for me.Red Death was smooth as butter and the Mida was a force to be reckoned with. It pairs perfectly with my gunslinger. I was also just ghosting dudes with the agility boost when I go into trouble. Bad Juju is good, but I need to get used to the ROF.

EL CUCO

I've found Blink to be a liability on a lot of the new maps due to the increased vertical options. Some places ( like coming out of the portal amd then having to jump on a platform - forgot the name ) are unreachable.
Blink on Sector 618 = Guardian down

I must've fallen off that map 5 times in one match last night.

Tovarisc

All warlock chest armors that come into Y2 have reduction against Void Burn as perk.
COjABq8UwAALLGz.jpg:orig
I want Rahool to bless me with these.
HUD oversight as sugar at bottom.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not only were the perks bad ass the aesthetics are glorious. The pulse rifle sings. All hail Hakke.
I don't wanna grow up
I'm an Omolon kid
There's a million guns from Omolon that I can play with
Thanks for that huge post, Hawkian!
I will probably test the omolon weapons tonight, and I recognize myself in your "not so good, not so bad" description and way of thinking. :D
Np! Glad someone appreciated it!

Imma link it again just in case anyone is curious about the thoughts of an average player on some of the changes. I'd really like to hear any thoughts on what I had to say about Hawkmoon, because after 5 matches with it or so it seemed like a huge factor and I haven't seen anyone discussing it at all.
Great OT Hawkian with great content and choices.
Thanks very much :D
You do indeed. That's how some of us got to rank 1.
Hmm. This is good to know. So I missed out on my Hunter I guess. But I'll do the NF on the other characters before more armsdaying. Weird that the NF boost still actually applies at all, heh

Can someone explain to me what are subclass quests for my titan? Now Bungie is saying not to do them cause theres problems with it and im not sure if i did them or not. Its all a bit confusing.

Kwakye94

Neo Member
Wish I had seen NOT to do the Subclass Quest line thing :(, luckily I only did it for the Gunslinger, not having an emblem is a bummer... Oh well, but at least the cape is dope as hell

nOoblet16

lol its not a myth. you can't ready weapons nearly as fast coming out of blink anymore - just another thing that bungie hasn't included in patch notes or perk lists. it shouldn't surprise anyone either. they've a long, thorough history of not disclosing everything on updates. the general consensus is that blink took a hit though because it did. it said nothing about weapon readying or the start up window - both have been clearly altered. that small difference is all people need to react. before it was impossible to counter. now it is. that changes a lot of what blink had going for it -> the ability to be countered at all

gunslingers always had a top tier nade, incin being buffed is just a nice option to have.

i honestly don't think the blade dancers have a legit grenade option anymore. arcbolt was always weird with its tracking to begin with, sometimes it wouldn't hit guys directly underneath it, it'd block itself on corners, etc... now it doesn't even hit like it used to? naw. i'm good lol

It's blown out of proportions including the "arcbolt nerf" (a reduction in range from 9 meters to 8 is not significant, especially when everyone who uses it wears lucky raspberry to increase the range), the purpose of arcbolt was to rid the enemy of shields or take down an enemy with no shields....like the grenades in Halo and it does so still because 91 damage is enough for that as it's exactly half of the average guardian health. The inconsistency that you are talking about has existed because of the way arcbolt chains i.e. it goes around in a circle like a clock's hand rather than it being instantaneous like firebolt.

If you disagree with me about what I've said then just wait a few weeks and you will see the general consensus. 2 days into the patch is not long enough to form a general consensus when everyone is talking about how Bungie has destroyed their favourite thing, and how it's useless now. You hear people arguing for both sides, an example of it being the argument we are having right now.

ocean

Banned
Saw a guy using a new dance, how?
Digital CE. We'll be able to upgrade to that for US$20 next week.
My friends and I still did the level 34 POE last night for giggles and it felt quite a bit more difficult and it took longer to kill stuff than normal. We're all level 34 and have ascended weapons with elemental primaries and it was still making us sweat a little bit.

Conclusion: there has definitely been some power lost in comparison to pre 2.0.

The upside is that all of a sudden POE lvl 34 required all of our attention and coordination (especially with that Vex boss) and ended up feeling pretty satisfying to complete even if the rewards are mostly useless at this point.
Some clues:

1. Our pre 2.0 power level was defined at level 34 with 42 Light gear and 365 attack weapons. 42 Light gear and 365 attack weapons now both translate to 170 Light. You might have a Ghost and or Class Item bringing your average Light down from 170, thus bringing you a notch down from where you were a week ago.

2. You're feeling the enormous effect of shotguns no longer being OP in PvE + a meaningful damage drop off on Hand Cannons.

3. The old Intellect / Discipline / Strength setup has translated very poorly to the new system. Even with the best currently available gear, our cooldowns are frustrating and mediocre. Without the adequate PoE gear for buffs, your Super and Grenade generation will be super slow compared to what we're used to.

Combine all of this with a claustrophobic room of near infinite spawns, and I can totally imagine PoE being significantly more difficult for the next few weeks. Once we gear up again and recover our cooldowns, get more powerful weapons and stuff, it should go back to being trivial.

Afrocious

I can see why folks don't want to do Skolas anymore. I heard there was a way to cheese him before with burns, but that was taken away. The fight takes forever as well.

However, if anyone needs help with it, I'm down. Just send me a message, respond to this post, or hit me up on PSN. My PSN is Afrodeeziyak.

Kal_El

The longest game I've ever played was FFXI and that was 6 years total.

Year One was amazing and if they keep coming with the content I can see this lasting a long time.

With that said I've just now read the some pages and learned that if I've completed my class quest not to turn it in because I could lose my emblem. If I were just a casual player how was I suppose to know that? Is this confirmed because with Warlock as my main I would hate to lose out on my Voidwalker emblem because I didn't know not to turn it in. I really only read this at work so I usually miss a few pages until I catch up. That would be sad if I missed out on it.

Wallach

I'm pretty sure this is not a myth and I don't even play a Blink class. I just know that last night nearly every single Blink that ended within my FOV trying to close on me died before they could fire when we both had shotguns out. That is not what used to happen.

Deku Tree

So I'm confused...

Tower Weapons and other dropped "normal mode" weapons probably have a max attack value of 280...

And "heroic" and "adept" weapons seem to have a max attack value of 310...

Also the exotic sword on stream had a max attack value of 310...

... but the exotic sword had an "infuse" node that allowed you to upgrade it's attack value with an exotic shard, and legendary marks, and some other stuff... they surfed over the node for a split second on stream...

... and also the adept weapons seem to have an "infuse" node so that you can raise their attack value by absorbing other higher attack value weapons.

... so if you can infuse 310 attack weapons then where do you get the legendary weapons with attack values that are higher than 310? Seems like all the hardest tier content drops 310 attack weapons? Does completing the heroic
"boss challenges"
in the Kings Fall Raid give you a chance at higher attack value weapon?

ocean

Banned
The longest game I've ever played was FFXI and that was 6 years total.

Year One was amazing and if they keep coming with the content I can see this lasting a long time.

With that said I've just now read the some pages and learned that if I've completed my class quest not to turn it in because I could lose my emblem. If I were just a casual player how was I suppose to know that? Is this confirmed because with Warlock as my main I would hate to lose out on my Voidwalker emblem because I didn't know not to turn it in. I really only read this at work so I usually miss a few pages until I catch up. That would be sad if I missed out on it.
It sucks. I'm the opposite of a casual player - to such an extent that I did all 6 subclasses before I even knew there was an emblem, much less that I had missed out on it.

I can't imagine Bungie will just shrug their arms and say fuck it. I mean they did that with people whose emblem slot was full when they first killed Skolas or cleared Trials but at least you could do those activities again. Missing a reward from a 1 time activity and doing nothing about it would be even more uncool.

In this particular situation I'm sure someone at Bungie will think "this is a bug which affects only a small subset of the population". Someone else will hopefully counter with "yeah, the most dedicated subset" and make sure it's fixed.

Afrocious

So I'm confused...

Tower Weapons and other dropped "normal mode" weapons probably have a max attack value of 280...

... but the exotic sword had an "infuse" node that allowed you to upgrade it's attack value with an exotic shard, and legendary marks, and some other stuff... they surfed over the node for a split second on stream...

... and also the adept weapons seem to have an "infuse" node so that you can raise their attack value by absorbing other higher attack value weapons.

... so if you can infuse 310 attack weapons then where do you get the legendary weapons with attack values that are higher than 310? Seems like all the hardest tier content drops 310 attack weapons? Does completing the heroic
"boss challenges"

I was under the assumption that you'll need to consume 310 atk weapons to get your legendaries to 310.

So I'm confused...

"boss challenges"

I thought about the same, but 310 might be max or not because the raid weapons stlll do not have an attack value on them. If you check the database there is still no "attack" number on the Kings Fall weapons. Idk why Bungie does not tell us, It does not change any way we play the game, because we will still try to get all the new weapons.

Wallach

It sucks. I'm the opposite of a casual player - to such an extent that I did all 6 subclasses before I even knew there was an emblem, much less that I had missed out on it.

I can't imagine Bungie will just shrug their arms and say fuck it. I mean they did that with people whose emblem slot was full when their first killed Skolas or cleared Trials but at least you could do those activities again. Missing a reward from a 1 time activity and doing nothing about it would be even more uncool.

In this particular situation I'm sure someone at Bungie will think "this is a bug which affects only a small subset of the population". Someone else will hopefully counter with "yeah, the most dedicated subset" and make sure it's fixed.

There's like no way they just tell you to sod off. This actually doesn't sound like the kind of bug that would take a ton of effort to fix, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How does bad juju do in pvp after 2.0?
It's outstanding.

Also, didn't mentionit in my post but I saw a fair bit of death coming from Necrochasm, and I saw one person killed by the proc explosion. I'll have to give it a shot.
Wallach said:
I'm pretty sure this is not a myth and I don't even play a Blink class. I just know that last night nearly every single Blink that ended within my FOV trying to close on me died before they could fire when we both had shotguns out. That is not what used to happen.
Yeah, it's real. It's a fraction of a second difference, but that's enough. Blink shotgunning was never my preference so I'm not salty, but I did notice a personal impact after pulling heavy, switching, blinking and trying to fire coming out of it- I lost a heavy mag because my trigger didn't respond as quickly as I expected.

It's a fair change though. No regrets. We need to keep in mind how different the interplay between classes will be with the three new subs.

Homeboyd

Looking back on some old titles for year 1...

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians
Destiny |OT2| The Last Guardians
Destiny |OT3| Oh sweet a Legen- wait never mind, it's a rare.
Destiny |OT4| Get your ass to the Vault of Glass and help Timmins find better pants
Destiny |OT5| New patch out Tues., Master Rahool reportedly crying into his robes
Destiny |OT6| Lock me like one of your French girls, Jack
Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner
Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese
Destiny |OT9| Suros Business
Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended
Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!
Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.
Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas
Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End
Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come
Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...
Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch
Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA
Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost
Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?
Destiny |OT♦21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef
Destiny |OT♦22| Game of Thorns
Destiny |OT♦23| This Train is Bound for Mercury
Destiny |OT♦24| Dances with Wolves
Destiny |OT♦25| The Taken Thread
Destiny |OT♦26| Like a Hat
Destiny |OT♦27| Nerf Herders
Destiny |OT♦28| Nolan Beyond
Destiny |OT♦Forever29| The Season Finale
Destiny |OT♦30| Long Live the King

RIP in peace DGAF Season 1. Not sure if those links are useful for OP purposes but there they are anyways. Nami, a few more threads and you could fill an entire OT with your posts alone!

Ready for Season 2.

ttk y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom