• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
My feelings on Memento are slowly shifting. It's still way too busy and those damn stairs zig zagging drive me insane. But it's got fairly decent flow now that players are figuring out how to get from one place to another and discovering the sniper lanes / grenade points.

It's aesthetically pleasing and a nice atmospheric change from the rest, not too huge, and has spots for distance and close quarter combat.

Still a bit too busy for me, but it's growing on me.

It gets on my nerves because if it was a Halo map the stairs would have been a giant airlift instead. The first time i went down it I thought "okay, this is cramped, but at least it's a small stairca--"

And then there were two more flights of stairs.

267b7e72ea9196b92f31973c6c6b43313b1c6e6abb8431bb79928fed24dc3248.jpg

colinp

Banned
That Japanese commercial is sooooooo good and soooooo Japanese. That guy is a real popular actor now. Impressive that they got him to rep Destiny.

Can someone help please.

I haven't played since before the 1st expansion dropped. A hell of a lot of stuff seems to have been added, specifically quests. I've added some quests to my log but the game isn't picking up on the fact that I have already completed all of the single player quests. Is this a bug or do I need to do them all again to get the xp?

Man I start to miss the old multi maps :-/ I only enjoy maybe 3-4 of the new ones while some are just terrible.

Most of the new maps are horrible. Someone here commented maybe a OT ago for Bungie to stop making maps with doors and they just doubled down on making maps with doors. Plus one of the maps makes no logical sense at all. Dead ends all over the place.

ocean

Banned
It gets on my nerves because if it was a Halo map the stairs would have been a giant airlift instead. The first time i went down it I thought "okay, this is cramped, but at least it's a small stairca--"

And then there were two more flights of stairs.
Btw do you think the G&H nerf was strong enough to make machine guns viable again? Rockets feel so inconsistent. Sometimes it's like "lol how did that hit this is still OP" and others it's "oh cool my rocket did 10 damage on 3 people".

Btw do you think the G&H nerf was strong enough to make machine guns viable again? Rockets feel so inconsistent. Sometimes it's like "lol how did that hit this is still OP" and others it's "oh cool my rocket did 10 damage on 3 people".

I've only used Tomorrow's Answer since 2.0 and it's absolute ass now.

maomaoIYP

Is it just me or Arcbolt damage has already been adjusted? Patch notes said 75, but now it hits for 91, which is a slight nerf, but not total ass.

ocean

Banned
I've only used Tomorrow's Answer since 2.0 and it's absolute ass now.
Swapped mine out for Radegast's. Need the full blast radius for a chance to get hits. Still starting to think an age of BTR-likes is upon us.

Or maybe tracking rockets like this is October '14. Maybe First Light being added is just a hint we should look back to antique meta *conspiracyhat*

Can someone help please.

I haven't played since before the 1st expansion dropped. A hell of a lot of stuff seems to have been added, specifically quests. I've added some quests to my log but the game isn't picking up on the fact that I have already completed all of the single player quests. Is this a bug or do I need to do them all again to get the xp?
Not sure if I will be helpful since its been a while since I played any story missions and been out of the loop. Anyways first off, which one are you talking about? if I remember correctly the story missions for TDB and HoW are in bounties form, so turning them in the person whomever you got it from, should be it..

noomi

I was having fun using AR's and PR's yesterday. Haven't tested SR's yet.

Monte Carlo is great. Suros is average. Hard light seems okay on small maps with tight spaces, but it's terrible at range. Summoner fire rate is too slow. AE is pretty damn good. Necro works.

Bad Juju is OP. Red Death still wrecks. Messenger is decent.

Good to know, thanks. Will try my Monte Carlo tonight in that case, I see more and more people using it in pvp now.

No I didn't. Well we'll just have to run crota again tomorrow to get it :p

I really want to find ghosts in the Vault.

I'm down for that, surprised no one had found anything in the vault yet... hmmmm

Holy shit at the Japanese TTK ad.

https://youtu.be/MsmZ1Qu7x34

Man.... that was pretty funny. Japan always goes a little weird :p

STAHP, I can't contain my hype any longer. Seriously, it all looks so good.

It took me a LONG time to get adjusted. I was huge pulse rifle fan prior and things just felt really weird for a while. Then I realized that the stability for some of my favorite weapons (Red Death) was slightly but significantly different. Before, the RoF and recoil always kinda kept you in a certain tight grouping but now you have to get a cadence that's slightly slower than the max RoF if you want to see those three shots hit at comfortable ranges like before.

Its a small change but its big for me. Throws my timing off.

Handcannons... with the time to kill going up as a whole they kinda rely on your ability to make people miss a bit. You can't just roll up on people with a handcannon and overpower them anymore. People do that to you now with ARs lol. You definitely need to make your headshots - and it has to be in close range now because the damage drop off is very real.

Suros is really reliable in general though. If you want to pick things up, I really just suggest that you get used to it taking longer to kill people and embracing movement a bit more.

These are pretty much my feelings as well, as someone who had used hand cannons exclusively for the entire duration of year 1 adjusting to new weapons in proving to be a little difficult for me.

I'm all for change though, and I am excited to have these changes... even if some of them seem a bit extreme at the moment.

Thanks for the post ;)

Is it just me or Arcbolt damage has already been adjusted? Patch notes said 75, but now it hits for 91, which is a slight nerf, but not total ass.

It should have said 75% - 75% of 121=91

Damn these quests are any exercise in frustration 2/3 7 orb nova bombs and strike ends, am going to wait till later so I can do it with gaffers and wipe until we get it done. Also how does the ward of dawn kills work on the first defender class, I'm clueless?

ocean

Banned
75% the original value, not 75.

They used to tag for 122, and now they do 75% of that damage: 91 (Destiny always rounds damage down for some reason).

noomi

The arc bolt is a shadow of it's former self. I hit a guardian last night with it dead on while his shield was down.... didn't even kill him.

Sad :(

Meanwhile the lightning nade remains just as awesome as ever. Bungie hates hunters confirmed.

Meanwhile, America goes all Led Zeppelin.

Who is the weird one now? :p

We're all weird in one way or another haha. All these ads are pretty amazing either way, nice to see Bungie is really pushing marketing for TTK.

Tjamato88

Did they fix that subclass quest bug yet? I don't want to do anything other than PVP until next week.

I have a bunch of old PVE quests too but why do I need to do those if I already completed them?

Kyoufu

Weird then, literally I had to pop a special ammo synth.

I was like WOW THIS IS WEIRD.

Can't say I've noticed any difference. Need special ammo? Kill enemies with primary. Need primary ammo? Kill enemies with special. It's basically Juggler-lite.

eFKac

*high five* Love Scout Rifles, when VoC dropped for me after lusting after it for ages I was so happy. The Jade Rabbit along with Y2 MIDA makes me equally happy.

Tears will get it first, that's just the law in Destiny, you get
steal
all shaders first.

Probably weapon type I enjoy the most but use little.

Don't have any exotic, have one decent PvP gun but SRs go completely against my playstyle and don't fit a lot of maps.

Use it in PvE less than I would want to really.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
These are pretty much my feelings as well, as someone who had used hand cannons exclusively for the entire duration of year 1 adjusting to new weapons in proving to be a little difficult for me.

I'm all for change though, and I am excited to have these changes... even if some of them seem a bit extreme at the moment.

Thanks for the post ;)

np

if it makes you feel any better, i started 2.0 off with a few good games then didn't crack 1.5 k/d for just about an entire day as I played around with all the new weapons while face-checking all the corners. didn't get a 40 kill game til just a few hours ago lol and that was with the hopscotch of all things. haven't touched destiny since

there's a ton of variety in the weapons that are viable right now though. there is no 'best weapon', unlike just a few days ago. even juju is situational.

this is the first time since beta that i've had to actually plan out my crucible adventures ha. primary, secondary and armor exotics for all situations. the range and map layout actually matter now that blinkshotguntlwhornmoon aren't the answer to everything

Deku Tree

You need to already have a Necro in order to buy another copy of it from the blueprints.

Get and level a Husk of the Pit. Rank up Eris rep to level 3, buy the stupid upgrade material. Get a Crux drop from HM Crota. ..... Profit?

Is it still possible to buy an Embalming Orb from Eris? Can you still make a Nechrochasm?

Klyka

Banned
Huh, so there are randomly "spawning" patrol mission events now that have mystery objectives that slowly reveal themselves and are things like "kill enemies" "hit headshots and dance" and something like that.

Not bad Bungie.

Not bad.

Is it still possible to buy an Embalming Orb from Eris? Can you still make a Nechrochasm?

I bought an extra Embalming Orb before the patch in case this happened, but I don't have an extra Husk to see if they changed the upgrade path as it may use a different material now. At the moment she no longer sells it.

maomaoIYP

It should have said 75% - 75% of 121=91

Damn these quests are any exercise in frustration 2/3 7 orb nova bombs and strike ends, am going to wait till later so I can do it with gaffers and wipe until we get it done. Also how does the ward of dawn kills work on the first defender class, I'm clueless?

75% the original value, not 75.

They used to tag for 122, and now they do 75% of that damage: 91 (Destiny always rounds damage down for some reason).

Ah. Ok. Well I'll still take 91 damage over any of the other nades.

bitsurugi

It would have been perfect if it had some kind of power position in the very middle. The lack of any height advantage in that area makes the combat flow awkwardly in 3s.

What I love about Bannerfall the most though aside from its pleasing aesthetics and height variation is how easy it is to callout on the map. I'm still working out a callout for some of the buildings, but rest is pretty straight forward.

• The Pit is the area right in front of your spawn where the special is
  • Lobby is the room with the ship and hangar controls (yes you can activate a switch to open a garage)
  • Double Doors is the doorway ahead of that
  • Big Tree is the center of that area where one heavy spawns
  • Of course, you have the middle of the map thereafter. Mid or Junction works fine.
  • I call the giant fin the Tower but Fin is a good callout as well.
  • Behind that is your Balcony
  • The general area around the Small Tree is the Courtyard or Plaza. You can call out the tree itself if necessary, but it's redundant to the Big Tree so I avoid it.
  • There's a small street with a ramp towards the back of the map that I call Alley (Street works as well)
  • The long narrow path from there that leads back to the base is the Tunnel
  • And the area you spawn can just be called Back Wall
12 easy callouts once I figure out what to call that building. I'd go with Red 2/Red 1; Green 2/Green 1, but those callouts aren't as obvious as others.

You can't have a good map withotu obvious callouts. It just isn't possible.

Somebody tell me how you're going to call anything out on Sector 618.
you don't
. Even Memento has callouts, like "Call of Duty Stairs" for that stupid staircase. But Sector 618? Wall #4, crate #30, Hallway #9. It's just shit everywhere.

Did you guys figure out what is the point of the open/close shutters on that map? Tried to play around a bit, but didn't see any function, other then a visible one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom