• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Using Zoba's Crucible pic I haven't play on Drifter, Vertigo, or Dungeon yet.

Fake edit: vertigo just popped up on a game already underway. -__-

E92 M3

What Bungie did to that weapon is borderline criminal.

It's very unfortunate that they butchered TLW but left Thorn relatively intact. TLW was one of the best feeling weapons in the game and took a lot of time to master. It was like the Halo CE pistol with varying degree of skill among different people.

Funny enough, if Bungie had the capability they would have nerfed the pistol as well.

Use it when cashing in bounties as well. Jumped my rank up shit loads.

It works for factions?

What is it with 34's and cheesing low level Strikes.
tzFA1.gif

I'm a 26 with shit armour just blasting through.

The vanguard playlist is gone for this week. Only option is the level 20 one.

X-Frame

I've given up trying to catch up on the posts I've missed in this thread -- it's moving too fast now and TTK isn't even out yet!

Zoidberg

Crucible report:

I'm yet to play a fresh crucible game, every single one tonight (6 so far) has been underway and on the losing team.

Shotguns are still running rampant. Had a game before where every death in the kill feed was shotguns or supers.

Yet to be killed by TLW, Thorn or Hawkmoon.

Gunsmith weapons are atrocious in pvp.

Just played Bannerfall, shits the bomb.

Ozone

Yo Destiny GAF, first time posting here but I got a couple of questions, is it too late to do Skolas & hard mode raids for the moments of triumph?

and am I right in thinking that after next week vanguard and crucible marks are disappearing and being replaced completely by legendary marks?
As someone who just did the Skolas moment of triumph last night with some awesome people here, it's definitely not too late! DGAF is one of the nicer communities here and I'm sure people will be willing to help. :)

Do you still get the Radiant Light buff from finishing nightfall this week? If so then damn, I forgot to do NF before finishing some of the Armsday stuff and probably won't hit rank 1 on this character now.

ich00

I picked up my Hori Pad from the post office! But now I have to work for the next 8 hours. :(

I just picked mine up yesterday and played with it for a bit. I like it a lot, except my R2 seems to stick a lot. I was playing with AR's and the gun would just stop firing randomly. I think I'm going to do some more testing today to make sure it not some setting messed up that I didn't know about before returning it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Gunslinger is not any more effective than it was before, Bladedancer still has blink and quickdraw. I was a hardcore gunslingin' knife throwing warrior until I got electrified by Bladedancer's Quickdraw. Both require different playstyle though, it's just that Bladedancer is a faster playstyle and it requires retreating a lot.

ehhhhh don't know about that

the gunplay perks that gunslinger has really, really resonate with how weapons are generally less stable now. one kill can turn an unreliable weapon into some shit that you wish you knew to run away from. incen grenades improved substantially but arcbolt grenades took a large hit. throwing knives still do a big chunk of damage at range - and now that time to kill feels like its gone up in general, that makes them more valuable imo

i'd say that they kinda edge out bladedancers now. blink was a big part of how you played BD in PvP at the end of year 1

i'm not gonna say that bladedancers are dead or anything, but blink being nerfed was huge. you can telegraph movements now, you can't do anything coming out of it like you used to, the window to damage people during its startup has significantly widened... a lot of streamers that swore by blink are giving up on it. not just BDs but voidwalkers too.

that being said, blinkstrike is still a 1hit kill, speed is unmatched, quickdraw is still quickdraw, and smart invis will still do wonders if the player cares to slow down their playstyle

but lack of versatile grenades, hurt vertical movement options... bladedancers aren't dead. but they're just one notch above titan tier lol

Guys, I'm actually pretty upset about the class quests bug.

Like... I feel screwed over here...

backseat dev I know, but I really feel like bungie should be able to run a query for those who finished X quest line, and then activate Y emblem for those accounts.

flkraven

So did anyone else have like 5 or 6 'abandonded' quests at the kiosk? Some of them seem to be from the Taken King, but they are all basically 'talk to this person, etc'. One is the black garden mission. I thought I already did some of these? What's going on here?

I had those too. I have no idea why they're there. I definitely finished the game and played all the HoW content which I also had a quest for.

Anyone else know anything about this?

Also, have people been hunting for the new ghosts that were added? I see the Crota raid has atleast 3 ghosts added, and that a few TTK ones were found while glitching into it. Have any other non-glitch ghosts been found?

I know but man to cheese a Strike 18 levels below is hilarious. The level we played was for Eris Morn quest and only a level 16.

Is the old system 3 level advantage system still being used though? If so then you can only ever have stats 3 levels above the enemy level, which is why you can still be killed by a level 1. Not saying low level strikes aren't easy, but you aren't technically 18 levels above them.

backseat dev I know, but I really feel like bungie should be able to run a query for those who finished X quest line, and then activate Y emblem for those accounts.

I'm glad I only finished the Gunslinger before finding out about the missing rewards, but yeah, I feel like they should do something about it. There was absolutely no way for a player to know they wouldn't get all the rewards before turning the quest in.

DY_nasty

But the arc bolt :(

Can't live without an effective grenade.

arcbolt inspires no fear anymore lol

the lack of a real grenade is what pushed me away from being a 50/50 hunter. like... 91 damage? wtf is that. i may as well be throwing swarm grenades

E92 M3

Do you still get the Radiant Light buff from finishing nightfall this week? If so then damn, I forgot to do NF before finishing some of the Armsday stuff and probably won't hit rank 1 on this character now.

You do indeed. That's how some of us got to rank 1.

the gunplay perks that gunslinger has really, really resonate with how weapons are generally less stable now. one kill can turn an unreliable weapon into some shit that you wish you knew to run away from. incen grenades improved substantially but arcbolt grenades took a large hit. throwing knives still do a big chunk of damage at range - and now that time to kill feels like its gone up in general, that makes them more valuable imo

i'd say that they kinda edge out bladedancers now. blink was a big part of how you played BD in PvP at the end of year 1

i'm not gonna say that bladedancers are dead or anything, but blink being nerfed was huge. you can telegraph movements now, you can't do anything coming out of it like you used to, the window to damage people during its startup has significantly widened... a lot of streamers that swore by blink are giving up on it. not just BDs but voidwalkers too.

that being said, blinkstrike is still a 1hit kill, speed is unmatched, quickdraw is still quickdraw, and smart invis will still do wonders if the player cares to slow down their playstyle

but lack of versatile grenades, hurt vertical movement options... bladedancers aren't dead. but they're just one notch above titan tier lol

Blink nerf didn't really change anything. I've been using it as a defensive mechanism perfectly fine last night. It's the people that like to shoot their shotties coming out of blink that are hurt by it haha.

I feel the same way. I have been playing since alpha and I won't get a sunsinger emblem and its my favorite class. How is this ok?

It's REALLY bothering me.

X-Frame

Are shotguns even more powerful in PvP now because of the lack of hand-cannons that can kill quickly?

For example less Thorn's and TLW's to counter rushing shotgunners? Or are auto-rifles filling that anti-shotgun gap?

I haven't even gotten to play PvP yet since the weekend. :(

Are shotguns even more powerful in PvP now because of the lack of hand-cannons that can kill quickly?

For example less Thorn's and TLW's to counter rushing shotgunners? Or are auto-rifles filling that anti-shotgun gap?

Crucible right now sure feels like shotguns are EVERYWHERE

Namikaze1

The only armsday weapon I need to complete on my main character is the fusion rifle. That thing is worse than the armsday sniper.

Bad Juju was wrecking people last night for me in Control.
I'm using Messenger. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Will give Bad Juju a try later on

I used TLW to counter shotguns all the time pre-patch and now I feel like it's way too unreliable to do that.

Rubenov

I've found Blink to be a liability on a lot of the new maps due to the increased vertical options. Some places ( like coming out of the portal amd then having to jump on a platform - forgot the name ) are unreachable.

I've found Blink to be a liability on a lot of the new maps due to the increased vertical options. Some places ( like coming out of the portal amd then having to jump on a platform - forgot the name ) are unreachable.

It's not completely unreachable, just a super hard jump with blink. The risk of jumping over there with blink probably isn't worth it, though.

KxoZz

Vertigo? Done this with Blink a bunch of times so it's definiley reachable. But easier with any other jump obviously.

DY_nasty

Sorta

I think these older shotguns just didn't get dialed back enough. A glimpse at how this new "low stability" FR behaves and I'm convinced that Bungie has a different goal for their weapon archetypes in the future and how they're weighed in the balance as well. But that's just my opinion and guess atp

the maps also inspire it... also, its the first few days so people will naturally find all the corners with their face
You do indeed. That's how some of us got to rank 1.

Blink nerf didn't really change anything. I've been using it as a defensive mechanism perfectly fine last night. It's the people that like to shoot their shotties coming out of blink that are hurt by it haha.
As a defensive jump its fine. Ish. But what made Blink so good was that offensively, there was just no real counter for it.

Now that people can actually see where you're going, you might not even live to come out of it anymore.

Will we still be able to buy planetary mats with marks? Legendary Marks in this case.

Seems planetary mats aren't going anywhere given all these new ghosts have perks for each type of mat to find on every planet.

nOoblet16

One notch above Titan tier ..wut?
Blink nerf is a myth, anyone saying otherwise is blowing it out of the proportions honestly, even numerically speaking it's insignificant..the delay is not between each blink but every two blink, earlier it was 0.26 seconds...now it's 0.33 seconds, the difference is 0.07 seconds, if you don't know how insignificant that is let me give you this fact.
0.07 second is ONE-FIFTH of the time a single frame in Destiny stays on screen out of the 30 frames that this game shows on screen in one second. There is no evidence about the claim that you have to face a delay after coming out of blink.

And you don't need to tell me about the perks of Gunslinger, I've put countless hours in both. Both have their advantages but they both have different playstyle, if you are a gunslinger then you need to play passive aggressive and try to keep some distance between your opponent and yourself...if you are a bladedancer then you need to be quite actively aggressive and even close up. After the nerf TLW works better with Bladedancer than it does with gunslinger...since you can blink into range quickly and also blink out to reload...it's something that gunslingers lack. Plus pre/post nading helps it a lot, gunslingers again lack the grenade tools here. But they do have throwing knife and the best super in PvP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom