• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I will be helpful since its been a while since I played any story missions and been out of the loop. Anyways first off, which one are you talking about? if I remember correctly the story missions for TDB and HoW are in bounties form, so turning them in the person whomever you got it from, should be it..

On one of the pads with the elders you can pick up 'abandoned' quests. It's giving we quests and XP for the old missions though.

E92 M3

You know what I love most about the new bounties? I can finish them all in one single fucking game.

Bungie did a great job with that indeed.

I actually normally made my Necro out of the Ally after 2.0 hit and it was 172 too.

I am a hunter though so I am stuck on low light.

Btw guys, Motes of Light are the new GOAT now.
The game basically throws them at you for everything you do. Using a Mote gives a ton of XP to your gear.
Trading in 5 motes to a faction gives 100 rep (125 with NF buff).

Like,really, they are used in SO MUCH now.

Yeah, everything seems perfect right now - still waiting for the catch haha.

Woah...

Apparently 10 motes with a telemetry and nightfalls buff will fully level an exotic :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y3yic5aBdA&feature=youtu.be

I need to try this with some while we still have the NF buff :)

Holy shit at the Japanese TTK ad.

https://youtu.be/MsmZ1Qu7x34

I love Japan - awesome commercial! Laundry machines don't seem to be high-tech enough, though.

noomi

You know what I love most about the new bounties? I can finish them all in one single fucking game.

I was just saying the same thing earlier today, I finished all the crucible bounties inside 1 match today. Very good :)

Even though they give less xp, they are much quicker and easier to do, so I really don't mind.

I need to try this with some while we still have the NF buff :)

I've thought about it as well, but my motes are too precious to me now. There will probably be many new sources of where to get motes from after TTK...

Actually.... now that I think about it, yesterday in crucible, I got 3 motes that popped up on my screen out of nowhere... Hmmmm?

ocean

Banned
I was just saying the same thing earlier today, I finished all the crucible bounties inside 1 match today. Very good :)

Even though they give less xp, they are much quicker and easier to do, so I really don't mind.

I've thought about it as well, but my motes are too precious to me now. There will probably be many new sources of where to get motes from after TTK...

Actually.... now that I think about it, yesterday in crucible, I got 3 motes that popped up on my screen out of nowhere... Hmmmm?
When you're at level cap you got a note for every "level up" you got through XP. Now it's 3.

I think this now triggers once every 25k XP.

Kyoufu

I actually normally made my Necro out of the Ally after 2.0 hit and it was 172 too.

I am a hunter though so I am stuck on low light.

Btw guys, Motes of Light are the new GOAT now.
The game basically throws them at you for everything you do. Using a Mote gives a ton of XP to your gear.
Trading in 5 motes to a faction gives 100 rep (125 with NF buff).

Like,really, they are used in SO MUCH now.

Whoa, 100 rep??

Heavy Ammo only gave 31 :(

E92 M3

I noticed they randomly popped up after double kills, triple kills and so on. I like it!

ocean

Banned
Double kill announcer is amazing. But the tone makes me feel like he's anxious for me to get more.

He's like "Double Kill............" and then he's disappointed I don't do more. Then kill announcement is pure hype though. Pure hype. I love it.

Gordon

Is Shroud of Flies a guaranteed cloak from Crota, or does it have a drop chance?
Not sure if already answered but definitely not - my buddy Hunter (his actual name, as well as favourite class) has been grinding out Deathsinger/Crotas since CE launch for that cloak to no avail. My wife got hers on her second CE as a hunter and he nearly melted lol

Anyone know if faction packages work according to the new rules? I.e. if you get a shader, you won't get that one anymore in future packages. Want to onow if I should start levelling faction now or wait till tuesday.

JayHayabusa

So what is the best strike to complete the subclasses final step? I think Omnigul would work best for all three classes? Just reached the final step on my Warlock so far. Will do Hunter and Titan over the weekend.

But I won't turn them in untill the 15th.

Gammacide

Also how does the ward of dawn kills work on the first defender class, I'm clueless?
For me the only thing that worked was fully charged melee kills. So fifty fully charged punches. Frustrating is right. I hope it's bugged so that any kills inside the bubble count because otherwise its just wrong.

ocean

Banned
Kill feed (bottom left text) when somebody gets a "We Ran Out of Medals" (25 kill streak) is super cool. It goes

"Somebody should do something about ______"

I can already see a montage cropping up where they zoom into this text.

So what is the best strike to complete the subclasses final step? I think Omnigul would work best for all three classes? Just reached the final step on my Warlock so far. Will do Hunter and Titan over the weekend.

But I won't turn them in untill the 15th.
It depends. If the final step is to create orbs (Voidwalker, Striker, etc) do Undying Mind. If the final step is to kill Majors don't do Undying Mind since a lot of those aren't actually majors. I did the weekly/Omnigul instead.

There are 6 btw... one for each subclass.

E92 M3

It's the old ''level up'' reward. Now you get 3 motes.

Ah, it was just happening a lot; that's why I started thinking.

Kill feed (bottom left text) when somebody gets a "We Ran Out of Medals" (25 kill streak) is super cool. It goes

"Somebody should do something about ______"

I can already see a montage cropping up where they zoom into this text.

Bungie always had a great sense of humor.

Apparently the large chest in POE is dropping 170 level class items on 35

Weapon testing is still happening yes? Some here were saying its a one day only thing or a daily thing?

We can confirm it is a week long event?

I was only able to do 1 Nightfall and then all weapons tested on my Titan. Need to do that twice more!

E92 M3

I'm wondering how many items Bungie has hid from the Armor and metadata.

Weapon testing is still happening yes? Some here were saying its a one day only thing or a daily thing?

We can confirm it is a week long event?

I was only able to do 1 Nightfall and then all weapons tested on my Titan. Need to do that twice more!

It's a week before his stock refreshes.

Gammacide

I got a 180 Rare Warlock Bond yesterday from Ikora. I haven't really done the quests yet as I'm waiting for next week for the experience, but I have done the first step on the subclass quests so it must have come from there. Really random.

Deku Tree

so all the new maps give five grimoire, except one of them gives ten grimoire?

Xbox players are lucky that they don't have to play PvP on Sector 618.

Gordon

Oh man, the defender subclass mission wanted me to make 25 orbs with Ward. My buddy was like, "Try meleeing for orbs instead." It works. Threw on my old HoW-just-landed ~500 STR gear (because that was what Variks sold first three weeks) and it gets me almost maxed melee CD. Feels so good man - BULLMOOSE!

TL;DR what used to be 500 STR doesn't even completely max out melee cooldown now

Haybro

I think Rubenov originally suggested the Red Death + Vestian Dynasty combo in PVP.

It's so much fun (and it's wrecking people), I can't wait to see what options are available next week.

Strider

So uuuhhh what is Etheric Light?

I'm such a noob now
facepalm.gif
So much has changed since I last played. Hell did they remove the daily quest? rofl It doesn't show up where nightfall and the weekly is like it used to.

Tjamato88

I still have no idea what I should be doing this week in Destiny. I grabbed all the quests I could but haven't started them since I want to save that XP for next week. I filled up my bounty list so I guess I could complete all those and be ready to turn them in next week.

If I complete a quest do I have to turn it in or does it turn in automatically? I could complete all the quests I have up to their last step if that's the case.

I also need to grind up my level 3 Titan to 34. I'm pretty sure a couple of hours of PVP will do that.

TP-DK

How many quests are there for each subclass?

I'm planning on saving the last quest of each subclass untill TTK hits.

E92 M3

I'm such a noob now
facepalm.gif
So much has changed since I last played. Hell did they remove the daily quest? rofl It doesn't show up where nightfall and the weekly is like it used to.

A material that was once coveted. It allowed weapons to be ascended to max level for Year 1.

Speaking of which, we don't have any conversion for etheric light right now lol.

PuMa

So many posts overnight! New middle-aged thread. Great OP Hawk!

General question...do we really need a DGAF honor roll? Seems a bit elitist and furthers the clique culture I've seen some people complain about on here.

Lnkn52

I'm such a noob now
facepalm.gif

Destiny is in a transition state right now. Some things have been postponed for the 15th while other things will become obsolete next week as well.

Raybunny

Double kill announcer is amazing. But the tone makes me feel like he's anxious for me to get more.

He's like "Double Kill............" and then he's disappointed I don't do more. Then kill announcement is pure hype though. Pure hype. I love it.

Cannot wait to get home and start pvping.

noomi

Omg the omolon sniper rifle sound is pure sex.

Tried it yesterday and couldn't kill people with it haha, I'm a terri-bad sniper :/

All the gunsmith weapons are extremely sexy though.

I think Rubenov originally suggested the Red Death + Vestian Dynasty combo in PVP.

It's so much fun (and it's wrecking people), I can't wait to see what options are available next week.

Yup, red death is still very good, I'm partial to the Bad Juju at the moment.

E92 M3

Tried it yesterday and couldn't kill people with it haha, I'm a terri-bad sniper :/

Used Bad Juju all night yesterday. I love the gun.

maomaoIYP

I ran BJJ + omolon sniper and got a 10 streak in frontier, it was amazing *droooools*

Emouse

Yo Destiny GAF, first time posting here but I got a couple of questions, is it too late to do Skolas & hard mode raids for the moments of triumph?

and am I right in thinking that after next week vanguard and crucible marks are disappearing and being replaced completely by legendary marks?

For me the only thing that worked was fully charged melee kills. So fifty fully charged punches. Frustrating is right. I hope it's bugged so that any kills inside the bubble count because otherwise its just wrong.

I had a google and reddit seems to think a thrall is 1/5 a kill Acolyte 1/2 and a knight 1, it took about 15 run throughs of siege of the warmind

Oh man, the defender subclass mission wanted me to make 25 orbs with Ward. My buddy was like, "Try meleeing for orbs instead." It works. Threw on my old HoW-just-landed ~500 STR gear (because that was what Variks sold first three weeks) and it gets me almost maxed melee CD. Feels so good man - BULLMOOSE!

TL;DR what used to be 500 STR doesn't even completely max out melee cooldown now

I noticed this I had max discipline before and now its about 70% I throw way less grenades with Praxic Fire :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom