• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Two thoughts on marks I'm hoping to have answered, otherwise I'll test later
(... in 8 long hours)
:

Does ranking up a legendary before dismantling it give more marks?

Does buying a Y1 exotic from the wall, and dismantling it, give legendary marks?

BondFancy

I had hawkmoon show up at the postmaster. No idea how I got it.

Playing on Xbox One.
Then there is a chance of it randomly dropping! Unless that was from your green engram Rahool gave you?

Tell me everything you know about it pretty please! What have you done and how much did it cost and how much of an impact did it have?

I'd bet anything they drop in the old raids.
I figure that's a definite, have no want to grind the old raids however D:

Lee

I can get SO CLOSE to getting this solo, but I always run out of time while opening the chest :/

Does having the two party members stand there hold the platforms?

No idea if leveling it up matters..... I will lean towards no

Exotics break down into Exotic shards as far as i know

No way to game the system man

There's always a way! Bungie is quick to fix exploits but Destiny has a long history of them.

(... in 8 long hours)
:

Does buying a Y1 exotic from the wall, and dismantling it, give legendary marks?

No idea if leveling it up matters..... I will lean towards no

Exotics break down into Exotic shards as far as i know

No way to game the system man

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Then why are people saying that their are infusing their armor to boost up the defense? Why wouldn't they just use the higher defense armor instead?
I am trying to learn all I can about how it works. But as food for thought, at least consider having two items of identical attack or defense, you can consume one to boost the other.

FinKL

(... in 8 long hours)
:

It cost 150 Marks to "obtain" the wall exotic, so you definitely be at a loss

R0ckman

Is there something Bungie can implement to semi-force people to actually play rift? Like if the you are not within a certain distance of your rift when the enemy runner is active Shaxx yells at you are you take damage or if the ignote the rift your whole team dies no matter where your are at on the map?

LkPr

I am trying to learn all I can about how it works. But as food for thought, at least consider having two items of identical attack or defense, you can consume one to boost the other.

From what I have seen the item you are consuming needs to be higher then the original item, meaning if they both have identical values you cannot infuse.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
From what I have seen the item you are consuming needs to be higher then the original item, meaning if they both have identical values you cannot infuse.
Interesting. What about across class, like a warlock helm to infuse a titan chest?

11218194_441344152739010_1893554270678859460_o.jpg

Hand cannon is love Handcannon is life

So I just did the somewhat challenging VoG mission and got a legendary chest engram. It turned into a blue worse then the one I was already wearing. Fucking bullshit.

Here is some info on infusing based off the Bungie livestream. It seems things did not change between the stream and today.

You have to have a higher weapon or armor to boost the lower one. In the video they infuse a 280 attack weapon with a 290 attack one and it results in a boost to 288 attack. It costs glimmer, weapons parts, 1 mote of light and 3 legendary marks to infuse. You lose the sacrificial weapon/armor obviously. Perks stay the same, and it seems you do not lose the rank progress of the target weapon. The Reddit post was unclear and it seems he sacrificed a leveled ghost to an unlevled one and it did not "infuse the XP" but if you decide to infuse an already maxed weapon (which makes sense, how else would you know you love the weapon and want to level it) it does not reset progress. This is all piecing info together. I do not have the resources or time to thoroughly test this myself yet, so take it with a grain. You basically spend 6 marks to infuse since it costs 3 and you are giving up a weapon/armor that would be worth 3 if sharded.

I am beginning to think the theory that the quality of dropped and package legendaries are slowly going to increase in attack as you play is correct. Otherwise, you would never be able to infuse above 280 and you would have to start buying 280 vendor weapons/armor just to infuse items, which Bungie wanted to avoid.

So I just did the somewhat challenging VoG mission and got a legendary chest engram. It turned into a blue worse then the one I was already wearing. Fucking bullshit.

What! Purples can turn into blues again? Seriously?

flkraven

Yah, I'm super confused. I'm seeing conflicting information about infusion everywhere. One reddit post said a particular class item was upgradable using only marks, while another poster said that they were unable to infuse two items because they were both level 40, and apparently one item needs to be higher than the other. Basically, I don't understand if it's entirely about item level or item stats. People here seem to be implying it is about stats (ie. higher armor number needed to be infused into lower armor number piece), but I don't know if this is from first hand experience or educated guesses.

noomi

Taking a break, I'm friggin' tired. Going since reset

Got to level 40, subclass nearly fully maxed, finished story and a bunch of quests, got sword, did court of oryx....

Time to excercise a bit and eat something.

BraXzy

Ugh I hate the whole $ = £ thing.

The Taken King upgrade is £26 for US, but the same £39.99 for us brits.

Could I use a US account to buy the upgrade and have it still work on my UK account? xD

Well, I completed the story missions. Light level 209. I feel like that is kind of low... wearing nothing but blue gear except for a level 40 side arm.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Here is some info on infusing based off the Bungie livestream. It seems things did not change between the stream and today.

You have to have a higher weapon or armor to boost the lower one. In the video they infuse a 280 attack weapon with a 290 attack one and it results in a boost to 288 attack. It costs glimmer, weapons parts, 1 mote of light and 3 legendary marks to infuse. You lose the sacrificial weapon/armor obviously. Perks stay the same, and it seems you do not lose the rank progress of the target weapon. The Reddit post was unclear and it seems he sacrificed a leveled ghost to an unlevled one and it did not "infuse the XP" but if you decide to infuse an already maxed weapon (which makes sense, how else would you know you love the weapon and want to level it) it does not reset progress. This is all piecing info together. I do not have the resources or time to thoroughly test this myself yet, so take it with a grain. You basically spend 6 marks to infuse since it costs 3 and you are giving up a weapon/armor that would be worth 3 if sharded.
Thanks for the info.

Questions remaining for me:
  • Do target and sacrifice have to be the same type? Helm/helm and sniper/sniper? Or just armor/armor and weapon/weapon? Or can you in fact infuse an armor piece into a weapon?
  • Class restrictions- sacrifice Hunter armor to Warlock armor? Class items?
  • If the item you're sacrificing to infuse always has to be higher light, doesn't this (via Xeno's paradox) imply that you can NEVER reach max light by infusion?
So much to learn! :D :D :D

I am beginning to think the theory that the quality of dropped and package legendaries are slowly going to increase in attack as you play is correct. Otherwise, you would never be able to infuse above 280 and you would have to start buying 280 vendor weapons/armor just to infuse items, which Bungie wanted to avoid.
Bold- this is how Light level actually worked from something like 20-24 at launch to 20-28 as of HoW. The higher your light level, the higher the average light of your rare drops. It was subtle, and no one really cared because basically buying your first legendary boosted you past a threshold by which you could control Light progression all the way to at least the "gel cap," a level or two under requiring raid-tier gear to hit max, which was obviously limited to a single source.

It would definitely make sense to me if it were the case that the higher your light level rose, the better stuff that dropped for you over time.

noomi

I'm not touching my other classes until I'm satisfied with my hunter. Too much to do, need to focus on one for now.

A few things about Nightstalker:

- The Bow is fan-fucking-tastic! The damage buff is very useful, pair with Weapons of light :eek:
- The radar perk, too cool, very usefull
- The smoke bomb, to make yourself and teammates vanish.
- The nade is sexy as hell

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
11218194_441344152739010_1893554270678859460_o.jpg

Hand cannon is love Handcannon is life

What's funny about this is that, at release, nearly everyone panned handcannons. I ignored them until I got a TLW as a drop a week into release, then I became obsessed. For most folks, it was fatebringer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom