• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axoman

Doesn't seem like the most efficient

Just play through the campaign, quests, weekly, daily, challenges and content naturally and see where you end up

Well, I completed the story missions. Light level 209. I feel like that is kind of low... wearing nothing but blue gear except for a level 40 side arm.

Most people are completing the story and quests and ending up between 220-230 light level.

You will need legendary marks not only to buy items, but infuse others.

I don't understand why you keep defending the changes to the mark economy. They drastically reduced the amount you can hold and earn. How is that better?

Messiek

CO9uptKW8AAQzGo.jpg:large

AWWW SHIT. My first EXOTIC is the FUCKING TELESTO!

Niiice! Congrats!
How did you get it?

Just found my first fragment.

Near the beginning l, after you jump over the first gap with the disappearing platforms. Look right after you cross over and there is a small platform to jump to.

Doesn't look like "the same" attack/defense will work, and same slot but NOT the same type. Primary, Secondary, and Heavy for weapons, each armor slot, ghost, artifact, class item.

That's confusing and possibly contradictory, lol. I'm asking- how do you bring an item to max light if you must always use an item with higher light to infuse it, but it doesn't actually reach the higher light level as a result (i.e. 200+210=208)? Maybe if you get within a certain range of a few light points it does max it out...

I imagine we won't know for a bit.

goddamnit goddamn you

No it isnt

In the stream they said its meant for people that want specific pieces of gear they like (in lower light tiers) to be usable throughout the game

So if you find a 240 light gun that you really love the perks and stats on... you can infuse it to keep it relevant

Most people are completing the story and quests and ending up between 220-230 light level.

You will need legendary marks not only to buy items, but infuse others.

I don't understand why you keep defending the changes to the mark economy. They drastically reduced the amount you can hold and earn. How is that better?

It promotes playing through the content and seeing how the new loot system affects you?

Not to mention there are quests that are awarding guaranteed gear

Also streak bonuses on playlists etc..?

This isn't like previous expansions where they wanted everyone to quickly and instantly be the same light level

They want people to progress on the curve they designed

It promotes playing through the content and seeing how the new loot system affects you?

Not to mention there are quests that are awarding guaranteed gear

Also streak bonuses on playlists etc..?

This isn't like previous expansions where they wanted everyone to quickly and instantly be the same light level

They want people to progress on the curve they designed

Guaranteed gear that turns from legendary engram into blue item :(

GlamFM

Banned
Some questions:

-Should I go for 280 vendor gear in preparation for the Raid?

-Are strike playlists and Crucible the only way to get marks?

-Should my old marks have been converted to the new kind?

-Where do I get my first sword?

Thanks

GhaleonEB

Thanks for the info.

Questions remaining for me:
  • Do target and sacrifice have to be the same type? Helm/helm and sniper/sniper? Or just armor/armor and weapon/weapon? Or can you in fact infuse an armor piece into a weapon?
  • Class restrictions- sacrifice Hunter armor to Warlock armor? Class items?
  • If the item you're sacrificing to infuse always has to be higher light, doesn't this (via Xeno's paradox) imply that you can NEVER reach max light by infusion?
So much to learn! :D :D :D

The Planet Destiny video does a good job hitting these points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdPeroOuhPo

I think you can reach max light via infusion. Example, take a 345 light (making this up) primary, infuse a 350 primary into it, and you can get it to 350. It would be self-defeating to have a system to level up gear of your choosing, but not let it reach peak potency.

Trickster

I think all of those guys have been playing since 5 AM so probably just farming chests on the Dreadnaught. That's just my assumption though.

I've been playing since it went live as well ( 11 am my time ). And while I haven't been hardcore farming chests or anything, I have been doing a bit of sightseeing in the dreadnaught, found several things that require keys I dont have to use. But only found a single chest I could just open, which is where I got the flake I have, out of like 15 or 20 that you need.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Shit. I didn't even think to find out what the Light level requirement is for the raid Friday.

What is it, anyway?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The Planet Destiny video does a good job hitting these points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdPeroOuhPo

I think you can reach max light via infusion. Example, take a 345 light (making this up) primary, infuse a 350 primary into it, and you can get it to 350. It would be self-defeating to have a system to level up gear of your choosing, but not let it reach peak potency.
I got the answer to the first two, which is good (it's about halfway between the most and least restrictive method they could have chosen).

About light though, if your numbers are real, that answers my question, but every example I've seen so far is along the lines of 200 + 210 = 208, i.e. not reaching the higher light level. Do you know if the video addresses this?

ocean

Banned
It happened. It finally happened. In an entire year I never got a single Faction shader. Today I got Bittersteel.

And Hanged Man.

And Revenant.

Along with Dead Orbit Scout, Sniper, Shotgun, Rocket Launcher, Gauntlets, Chest Piece, Leg Armor and Class Item.

I'm the DO PR guy right now basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom