• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info.

Questions remaining for me:
  • Do target and sacrifice have to be the same type? Helm/helm and sniper/sniper? Or just armor/armor and weapon/weapon? Or can you in fact infuse an armor piece into a weapon?
  • Class restrictions- sacrifice Hunter armor to Warlock armor? Class items?
  • If the item you're sacrificing to infuse always has to be higher light, doesn't this (via Xeno's paradox) imply that you can NEVER reach max light by infusion?
So much to learn! :D :D :D

Bold- this is how Light level actually worked from something like 20-24 at launch to 20-28 as of HoW. The higher your light level, the higher the average light of your rare drops. It was subtle, and no one really cared because basically buying your first legendary boosted you past a threshold by which you could control Light progression all the way to at least the "gel cap," a level or two under requiring raid-tier gear to hit max, which was obviously limited to a single source.

It would definitely make sense to me if it were the case that the higher your light level rose, the better stuff that dropped for you over time.

1. Yes, Same Type and rarity. The difference being that the gun you are infusing has to be the same or weaker than its sacrifice

2. Doesnt look like it. Needs to be in the same SLOT

3. Yes exactly. Infusion is meant to promote BUILD variety. Bringing lower light gear UP to Max light. Its not meant to REACH max light.

bakeray

Leveled my Warlock to 34 over the weekend, I think I'm sitting at around 150 light. I'm at work now and am trying to figure out what my best course of action is when I get home. Do I even bother to upgrade my old exotics/rare weapons? Or should I just be looking for quest rewards/drops? I saw they added a new type of item to upgrade the old items to their max strength at the end of year 1, should I bother with that at all?
anyone?

And now the grind for marks begins. How are people wearing full legendary gear already? I am wearing all blue gear minus one level 40 sidearm, 209 light.

noomi

Guys concerning the daily story/crucible missions now...

They are account wide right? So if I do it once on my hunter, and don't need to on my Titan or Warlock?

or!

Do I do it three times on my hunter to get rewards x3?

The infusion description is,
"You may infuse this gear by imbuing it with another gear's power, dismantling other gear in the process. The dismantled gear must be unlocked, not currently equipped, and of the same Year and gear slot, and a similar quality, and a higher level than the current gear."

In the video he sacrifices an auto rifle to boost a scout rifle.

flkraven

Guys concerning the daily story/crucible missions now...

They are account wide right? So if I do it once on my hunter, and don't need to on my Titan or Warlock?

or!

Do I do it three times on my hunter to get rewards x3?

I'm curious about this also. Along with the weeklies as well.

And now the grind for marks begins. How are people wearing full legendary gear already? I am wearing all blue gear minus one level 40 sidearm, 209 light.

Drops and faction packages..quests etc

Instead of worrying about marks i would encourage people to work through all the content in front of them

The new loot system will slowly catch you up to bigger and better things naturally. Spend marks as you get them every week

You get upgraded just fine

Zoidberg

Ok this is shit. The 15 VIP bounty quest gave me a 240 rocket launcher.

I just got a 244 from a blue engram I picked up that is better. Sick waste of an hour.

Expansion so far has been great, the level of rewards is all over the place though.

LkPr

Bummer. Weapons too, only scouts can go into scouts?

I just watched on stream that you CAN infuse different weapons. i.e. sidearm to assault rifle... but I asked and they confirmed you can only infuse the same armor types.

Also you can infuse a blue item that has a higher def with a legendary, so quality doesn't matter only def amount

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
What the crap?!?

I just got an Auto Rifle from my Dead Orbit package (TTK gear) that is 240 damage.
The guns you can purchase from the vendors are 280.
Does the weapon level up and damage increases?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sword bros!

bKpTTjq.jpg
goddamnit that's cool
hmmm I may be totally wrong. I just watched on stream that you CAN infuse different weapons. i.e. sidearm to assault rifle... so maybe the same is true for armor lol.

Also you can infuse a blue item that has a higher def with a legendary, so quality doesn't matter only def amount
Fascinating. Sacrificing legendaries to make stronger rares. Mass hysteria!

What the crap?!?

I just got an Auto Rifle from my Dead Orbit package (TTK gear) that is 240 damage.

Weapons do level up, and their damage with them, is that what you're asking?

anx10us

Banned
What the crap?!?

I think so, also you can probably infuse another weapon onto it to push up the Damage Stat ...

What I've learned about Rift is there are some people that know what the hell is going on and there are some that have no clue. Oh yeah plus spawn trapping. Good try though Bungie.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Weapons do level up, and their damage with them, is that what you're asking?

Yes that is exactly what I am wondering.
Is 280 the top end damage?
I also got a chest piece from Dead Orbit that started with 240 defense where as the one they are selling is 280.

Yes that is exactly what I am wondering.
Is 280 the top end damage?
I also got a chest piece from Dead Orbit that started with 240 defense where as the one they are selling is 280.

Naw

310 is the highest right now but it may even be higher than that

Also Legendary marks are a new currency and are far more valuable so yeah. The gear that is bought with them is higher but you wont be able to suit up completely on marks alone.

It will be far more efficient to play the game and complete the content.

Yeah. My confusion was always about the "higher level" portion. I wanted to specifically know if that meant item level (ie. Level 38 item) or stats (higher attack).

It looks to be both level and stat, but those should be linked. Since it has to be the same rarity level, I don't think you will end up with a level 36 auto rifle with higher attack than a level 40 auto rifle. So your higher stat item should always be equal to or higher level than the target of the infusion. Once everything is level 40, it shouldn't matter and then it is just a matter of having a higher stat to sacrifice to a lower one, eg. lvl 40 290 attack for a lvl 40 280 attack weapon.

I'm so jealous right now. I went on my friends list and saw probably more than I wanted to on there alone so I said eff it. Everything can't get spoiled and went to this last page. I'm dying!

Gamestop still has it here.. Maybe get it tonight but it'd be the worst night since I have an 11 hour trip tomorrow that involves a 4.5 mile hike.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
1. Yes, Same Type and rarity. The difference being that the gun you are infusing has to be the same or weaker than its sacrifice

2. Doesnt look like it. Needs to be in the same SLOT
Doesn't look like "the same" attack/defense will work, and same slot but NOT the same type. Primary, Secondary, and Heavy for weapons, each armor slot, ghost, artifact, class item.
3. Yes exactly. Infusion is meant to promote BUILD variety. Bringing lower light gear UP to Max light. Its not meant to REACH max light.
That's confusing and possibly contradictory, lol. I'm asking- how do you bring an item to max light if you must always use an item with higher light to infuse it, but it doesn't actually reach the higher light level as a result (i.e. 200+210=208)? Maybe if you get within a certain range of a few light points it does max it out...

I imagine we won't know for a bit.
CO9uptKW8AAQzGo.jpg:large

AWWW SHIT. My first EXOTIC is the FUCKING TELESTO!
goddamnit goddamn you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom