• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
It happened. It finally happened. In an entire year I never got a single Faction shader. Today I got Bittersteel.

And Hanged Man.

And Revenant.

Along with Dead Orbit Scout, Sniper, Shotgun, Rocket Launcher, Gauntlets, Chest Piece, Leg Armor and Class Item.

I'm the DO PR guy right now basically.

How many times did you level up DO today? LOL

so, an exotic weapon quest basically

i'll get the reward free on september 15, 2016 i guess

It's not too bad if you're really good at crucible. The key is to play Rumble and camp the spawns so it's one on one where you might actually win a last word battle. Medals give big boosts to points too. I did one rumble match and am now 52% done. Had a 3.43 k/d though.

Telesto is the Needler.

tumblr_mf3yudtSdy1rqapveo1_500.gif

GhaleonEB

What are folks' thoughts on TTK so far?

I'm stuck at work until 5 :(

At launch, the general sentiment was, Destiny had tons of potential but it was riddled with flaws large and small. Story telling, leveling systems, content variety, we all know the drill.

The Taken King is Destiny starting to realize its full potential. I'm still rather awestruck by how huge of an upgrade this is from the shipping game on literally every front. Bungie found their footing, big time.

Lnkn52

At launch, the general sentiment was, Destiny had tons of potential but it was riddled with flaws large and small. Story telling, leveling systems, content variety, we all know the drill.

The Taken King is Destiny starting to realize its full potential. I'm still rather awestruck by how huge of an upgrade this is from the shipping game on literally every front. Bungie found their footing, big time.

Ahhh, you're killing me. All this HYPE, who can stay away.

NastyBook

What's funny about this is that, at release, nearly everyone panned handcannons. I ignored them until I got a TLW as a drop a week into release, then I became obsessed. For most folks, it was fatebringer.
Red Hand IX made me a believer. Then I grabbed a TDYK for my Hunter and there was no looking back at that point.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Some questions:

-Should I go for 280 vendor gear in preparation for the Raid?
Well yeah, but you likely won't be able to afford it by Friday
-Are strike playlists and Crucible the only way to get marks?
Not quite.
Legendary Loot drop rates have been increased across all activities
Legendary Marks are now earnable by completing Daily Story Chapters, Weekly Heroic Strikes, Daily PVP Activities, Weekly PVP Activities and Dismantling Year Two Legendary items

Re: Weekly Heroic strikes, the first 3 per week you do (no matter which character you do them on) will reward marks.
Should my old marks have been converted to the new kind?
No, they were converted into reputation consumables called Commendations. You can use them to level up the Faction of your choice.
-Where do I get my first sword?
I dunno yet. Looks like a quest.

Hedge

I don't like that I cant do the Taken War quest without a fireteam. I can't just do the event with randoms in patrol - I have to be in a fireteam with them? Boo.
A stupid limitation. Now I can't follow that story line.

Fee

I'm kinda blown away that ive been playing since launch this morning and still haven't ran out of new story content.

I don't like that I cant do the Taken War quest without a fireteam. I can't just do the event with randoms in patrol - I have to be in a fireteam with them? Boo.
A stupid limitation. Now I can't follow that story line.

I find it ironic that you are posting this here

in dgaf

where fireteams form on a whim all day

Trickster

What are folks' thoughts on TTK so far?

I'm stuck at work until 5 :(

Campaign
+ characters
+ cutscenes
+ story
+ missions

- your character is a mute with no personality
- campaign length
- scanning is cumbersome. ( I must've missed alot because I couldn't be bothered walking with my ghost active all the time )
-
you are facing the threat completely alone pretty much. Really missing that halo feel where you meet up with fellow unsc troops and kick ass with them. makes it hard for me to take it seriously when I pretty much single handedly deal with this supposedly huge threat

General stuff
+Post story campaign content seems extensive
+Dreadnaught actually has a ton of stuff to find it seems, not the barren oasis of nothing that the vanilla zones are

Hedge

I find it ironic that you are posting this here

in dgaf

where fireteams form on a whim all day

How is it ironic? I enjoy playing a story solo. Strikes have matchmaking, that's fine, but I don't like grouping with randoms. That was what matchmaking was supposed to solve.

Let people group if they want to, but why make it required? It adds nothing.

TLW part of the Chaperone bounty done. It's not all that bad tbh but there's definitely an issue where sometimes deaths make you lose 1 or 2%. It's not mentioned but getting stuff like Machine Lord and your class super triple kill have a bonus tied to them. I think Way of The Gun gave maybe 5-10%.

According to Reddit there's still a 290 light quest to so I'm not getting this thing any time soon :(

Hedge

Have anyone gotten a unique legendary class item from strikes yet? I want the cloak, but I'm not sure if they only drop from heroics, and only after you unlock the 50th strike.

Okay guys, I know this has probably been asked before, but I just purchased the Taken King and I am in the process of installing now. I played the Destiny Beta prior to release last year, but this will be my first time with the full game, so obviously I am starting as a new player. What class does everyone recommend to start with, and does anyone have any pointers to help me get off to a good start. I am really looking forward to pouring the hours into this game, and I am hopeful that with the story expansion that it will really pull me into the lore. If you played the beta, were there any type of extras that were rewarded with that in the full game? Thanks in advance for the advice.

Juraash

I've made it half way through the workday! Little victories here lol. Hopefully everyone is enjoying the expansion so far. I can't wait to get home and play.

I do have a question though. Do the story missions grant Vanguard rep? Cause if so, I'll pop a few public event packages so they don't get overwritten when reps start ticking over. Just want to make good use of all the crap I saved.

Lee

How is it ironic? I enjoy playing a story solo. Strikes have matchmaking, that's fine, but I don't like grouping with randoms. That was what matchmaking was supposed to solve.

Let people group if they want to, but why make it required? It adds nothing.

Redditors reporting that you don't need a fireteam. It spawns like any public event and will if you're solo, it's just impossible to complete on your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom