• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

PigzFly

Hey guys, two quick questions:

I bought the physical collector's edition of The Taken King and made a new hunter last night. Then I used the level 25 boost item, ran around the tower taking to people and Rahool gave me a Suros Regime. I haven't played since a few months after launch, and from memory this was a really good weapon. Is this weapon just included as part of the Suros Arsenal Pack? And is it still any good?

My Warlock that had accepted (and not progressed) the Bad Juju exotic quest long ago just spoke to the weapon vendor and he just gave it to me. Did they just pay out old exotic quests?

I don't feel like being alone
I'm down for what ever
Finished the main story

If anyone want to hook up I'm patrolling Venus for some taken chromoshards but send me an invite if you want to partner up for anything

Liquidsnake00
Xbox One

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've now heard multiple reports now that the two formerly PS4-exclusive strikes are much smoother and more satisfying, like a good cider. Hmmm
Hey guys, two quick questions:

I bought the physical collector's edition of The Taken King and made a new hunter last night. Then I used the level 25 boost item, ran around the tower taking to people and Rahool gave me a Suros Regime. I haven't played since a few months after launch, and from memory this was a really good weapon. Is this weapon just included as part of the Suros Arsenal Pack? And is it still any good?

My Warlock that had accepted (and not progressed) the Bad Juju exotic quest long ago just spoke to the weapon vendor and he just gave it to me. Did they just pay out old exotic quests?
Nope, that was your random Exotic from Year 1. The Suros Arsenal Pack is a bunch of useless starter weapons essentially.

edit: As to it being any good: it's a very user-friendly weapon in the Crucible. If you enjoy Auto Rifles then give it a shot. In TTK content, however, it will be underleveled until you grab a new Year 2 version from the Exotic kiosks you'll find on the wall in the Vanguard room.

PigzFly

I've now heard multiple reports now that the two formerly PS4-exclusive strikes are much smoother and more satisfying, like a good cider. Hmmm

Nope, that was your random Exotic from Year 1. The Suros Arsenal Pack is a bunch of useless starter weapons essentially.

Ahh cool. Thanks :D

edit: As to it being any good: it's a very user-friendly weapon in the Crucible. If you enjoy Auto Rifles then give it a shot. In TTK content, however, it will be underleveled until you grab a new Year 2 version from the Exotic kiosks you'll find on the wall in the Vanguard room.

I'm not sure exactly what changed in Dust Palace, so I can't say whether it's smoother or not. But the removal of those energy walls in that hallway makes all the difference in Undying Mind

neoism

holy shit i just did the crucible combat quest ( took me 2 hours ) and my reward is fucking level 5 weapons

-____________________-

what the fuck?

Tsosie

Finishing up dinner now, putting the kids to bed, then TTK all night. Sounds like there is a lot of content for my fireteam to run through. So ready.

Agent

Just finished the story. I have no idea what was going on in the final boss fight, other than it was fun as hell and chaos.

R0ckman

Ok, so just to make sure there are no hurt feelings or confusion, I need to sort of out who signed up here...

https://www.the100.io/game/320992

R0ckman, did you sign up with a different PSN? Because some other people joined that I didn't see reply. I don't know how to add people so I assumed you signed up on the site and joined after you posted. Who here is HawkianX1 and Jeartal? Of course you are always welcome, but I believe rockman replied around 4 hours ago so I'm just trying to sort it out so everything is fair and there's no frustration.

No I didn't use 100, assumed there was no need, I'm on there in the GAF group though.

Ok Two things.

1. Where the hell do I find the Taken Vex on Venus Patrol for "Gather Taken Chronoshards?

2. I ended up buying a digital copy of Destiny last night because they wouldn't release it to me at Best buy, but still received the physical copy today. Does anyone need all the DLC. IE

Expansion 1
Expansion 2
The Taken King

I'm willing to sell the codes to a gaffer for a discount. Say 40?

SOLD

Wut

Also what do you do with the skyburners command beacon?

There is a terminal inside the doors of the cabal ship. It makes noises.

12002146_951729011532037_3771437941282505435_n.jpg

SnakeEyes

Banned
Wut

Also what do you do with the skyburners command beacon?
You use it on the computer terminal in the very first area you spawn into on Dreadnaught Patrol. Run into the back door of the wrecked ship and turn left. It activates a Cabal fight with a Champion unit and when you kill him you get another item, Skyburners Deployment Codes, which is in turn used on another terminal further in the ship.

Shito

So, the pulse rifle currently at the weaponsmith only asks for 10 kills in the crucible as well, AND assists count.
It's no Red Death, but it's still quite good, I'm a pretty crappy pvp player and I got it done in like 2 minutes during my pvp daily.
No reason not to take it with you, easy rep.

Completed the story with two characters, just the lock left, the second run was a damn breeze, not feeling any of the weapons I got along the way except the side arms. Hammer Titan is so much fun. And I played through the story without and with the XP buffs and holy hell does it make a difference.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
PVP is driving me up the fucking wall. Is it worth driving myself nuts just to finish that 15 melee kills as voidwalker quest? Or the other questline that's sending me from mode to mode?

What's up with these public events on the Dreadnaught you can start if you have a key? I've started a couple and I fight a boss at the end, but they don't drop anything except another key for the same event. So I'm at a loss as to what the point is?

X-Frame

Sunbreaker Titan just *feels* so damn powerful. Each hammer impact feels amazing.

Suncharge is great in PvP as well, it's pretty much unstoppable in closed spaces.

Plus, Armamentarium plus Cauterize plus Fusion Grenade and high Disc and you can just fling grenades out and regen health, it's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom