• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Born2Live

Work done yes! Explored the tower this morning, now it's time to jump into some missions. If anyone wants to join me add Ty_84 on PSN.

Ty

Frenden

Banned
I didn't sleep last night. I just stayed up, played through it all, and then continued about my business. I'm getting too old to do that. Feeling it now, oof.

I'm overwhelmed by how many active quests there are after you finish the story which is an awesome feeling.

I'm going to focus on the Nighstalker and take the other characters and classes more slowly. I kinda want to enjoy the slate of shit that's laying there to do instead of blowing through it this time.

The only complaint I have so far is the dearth of legendary marks available as a newly 40/230-ish light character.

There's a weird friction post-40. You need RNG to drop you some shit because of not having enough marks to progress by purchasing stuff. It reminds me of the same problem old, vanilla Destiny had progression wise.

Time is flat circle and all that.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I didn't sleep last night. I just stayed up, played through it all, and then continued about my business. I'm getting too old to do that. Feeling it now, oof.

I'm overwhelmed by how many active quests there are after you finish the story which is an awesome feeling.

I'm going to focus on the Nighstalker and take the other characters and classes more slowly. I kinda want to enjoy the slate of shit that's laying there to do instead of blowing through it this time.

The only complaint I have so far is the dearth of legendary marks available as a newly 40/230-ish light character.

There's a weird friction post-40. You need RNG to drop you some shit because of not having enough marks to progress by purchasing stuff. It reminds me of the same problem old, vanilla Destiny had progression wise.

Time is flat circle and all that.
I honestly think everyone forgot what Luke was talking about pre release about not wanting the game to be a job. I mean here we are being locked out of a grind and we're complaining but I feel like if we were allowed to grind those marks as the only way to get a high level we'd be complaining too. Where's the balance? Do you let your community burn themselves out in a day or do you drop feed them? It's an interesting choice and I guess time will tell if it was right or not.

So let's get this straight with regards to guaranteed Legendary Marks:

First Daily Crucible match
First Daily Story mission
3 x Weekly Heroic Strike (can be all on same character or one on each)

Think that's all? Maybe the Nightfall will have a guaranteed drop too.

DjRalford

So let's get this straight with regards to guaranteed Legendary Marks:

First Daily Crucible match
First Daily Story mission
3 x Weekly Heroic Strike (can be all on same character or one on each)

Think that's all? Maybe the Nightfall will have a guaranteed drop too.

weekly crucible
Some quest lines

DjRalford

Is the Weekly Crucible the Shaxx quest line? Or is that totally unrelated?

I don't know, but i don;t see the bounties they said he would have, perhaps once his questline is finished you get access to his bounties, then if you complete them all in a week you are supposed to get nighfall type rewards iirc

Disker

So the cryptarch does not give packeges anymore? Leveld him twice did not get anything.....

Devouring Maw is best Warlock helm, so many cool lightning effects and light effects. And its not even exotic :O

On mobilo so cant show it.

DjRalford

So the cryptarch does not give packeges anymore? Leveld him twice did not get anything.....

Devouring Maw is best Warlock helm, so many cool lightning effects and light effects. And its not even exotic :O

On mobilo so cant show it.

level packages come through the people now, so your package would have appeared at the bottom as soon as triggered and you probably clicked on it without realizing thinking it was an engram.

At some point earlier, when I wasn't stuck at class, I had a Titan's hammer hit me from across the map on crossroads. It either followed me through the man cannon or the range is broken. Either way I'm sure homing was on. Can't wait to level my titan after my hunter is raid ready.

daedalius

Still not seeing the new soundtrack on Amazon or iTunes.... just not available yet?

Also, the campaign so far is GREAT. Just about to head down to
steal crota's soul from the raid area

I can't believe how much better basically everything about the story is from year 1.

ocean

Banned
We need 1 person, preferably with 240 Light or above, for the Daily Heroic Story and those sweet 15 Marks. Join me at a_javierp if interested!

Shito

how does that work? i need to use his gun in PVP?
If it's like the previous ones, yeah, just need to kill people with it in the crucible.
Sniper and fusion rifles were 10 kills, maybe it will ask for more since it's a primary...

Just did the last mission: damn that last fight!
Got me on the edge of my seat...

vid

Did my Veteran quest line. Got
Hard Light
. That's still cool, right?

Played up through the... third? story mission before I had to head to work. Loving the new story presentation, and the fights so far have been a lot more fun than most of the previous story mission stuff. Really impressed by how much Bungie has upped their game for Year Two.

One odd thing that stuck out in my mind regarding the plot progression so far:
So you stick the beacon into place on the Dreadnaught in order for other Guardians to successfully transmat their way onto the ship, right? Couldn't any of the Taken just... kick the beacon out of the big opening and into space?

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I'll join arekkusu77

Yeah, specifically why I jumped on it lol, dont have to worry about taking off work.

I have a friend who wants to join us as well, he didn't sign up on the100 site, can you somehow reserve a spot for him?

Ok, so just to make sure there are no hurt feelings or confusion, I need to sort of out who signed up here...

https://www.the100.io/game/320992

R0ckman, did you sign up with a different PSN? Because some other people joined that I didn't see reply. I don't know how to add people so I assumed you signed up on the site and joined after you posted. Who here is HawkianX1 and Jeartal? Of course you are always welcome, but I believe rockman replied around 4 hours ago so I'm just trying to sort it out so everything is fair and there's no frustration.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yay. Got a legendary weapon.

fUHdwfD.png

DjRalford

Did my Veteran quest line. Got
Hard Light
. That's still cool, right?

Played up through the... third? story mission before I had to head to work. Loving the new story presentation, and the fights so far have been a lot more fun than most of the previous story mission stuff. Really impressed by how much Bungie has upped their game for Year Two.

One odd thing that stuck out in my mind regarding the plot progression so far:
So you stick the beacon into place on the Dreadnaught in order for other Guardians to successfully transmat their way onto the ship, right? Couldn't any of the Taken just... kick the beacon out of the big opening and into space?

yes they could, but shhhhhhh, don;t give them ideas

Damm there is some indepth stuff on Patrol now. Got a rune to activate a switch near the Cabal ship. Summoned two huge bosses that duked it out and I got a consumable from each that lead to even more stuff. Crazy good!

Nine more light till Nightfall! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom