• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainy_day

Love ttk so far lots of good content.
Feels dirty giving up my legendary and exotic items for uncommon and rare pieces..... just doesn't feel right. Got to get that light!

Shito

Hahaha, I was like so jaded to see there is also Mars to do after the cosmodrome and Venus for that Petra bounty: I land on it, see a champion, shoot ONE shot at him and bam, dead, one done. I change zone, see the message about a lieutenant being slain and 4 others people in the zone, wait 5 seconds and bam, a second champion, and quest done thank you and good night sweet prince. ^^

ocean

Banned
Done for the day. All 3 characters unlocked their subclass but I then concentrated on my Hunter for the rest of the day.

XCH7JpS.jpg

Used my first 75 Marks to buy a 280 Defense Ghost from Vanguard which should help me find Wormsp in the Dreadnaught.

Dead Orbit generously gave me Scout, Shotgun, Sniper, 3 Rocket Launchers, Gauntlets, Chest Piece and Class Item, along with my first Revenant, Hanged Man and Bittersteel. Can't complain.

Only played the Rasputin Strike. Honestly, can't wait for the Raid. Every mission is 10x better than any pre TTK one. New Lateol is actually interesting. New subclasses are AMAZING.

I was too hyped and Bungie delivered anyways. What a great day in Destiny.

X-Frame

So what Quests should people be focusing on for the best rewards?

And what's the best bang for your buck to exchange for reputation with your faction to level up faster? Heavy ammo? Special?

Voror

This may be a stupid question but I got some rewards upon getting Vanguard Rank One, but have no idea where they went. There was something about getting something that could be a Legendary, but I can't find where it is now.

Falifax

Just spent about 2 hours roaming in the Dreadnought looking for clues and figuring out all sorts of puzzles, for a second I thought I was playing a Souls game.

What the hell Bungie, wasn't definitely expecting the expansion to be THIS awesome.

Ended the main story missions and did some post game (lol) missions stuff.

Got stuck at 216 I think, where I can find more gear to enter the weekly?

I asked this before but got no answer from Bungie but now am i correct in assuming Bungie updated their policy 10 hours ago to now say they dont support gamesharing?

Funny cause the base game and both dlcs were playable on two consoles as its always been the case that you get 2 licenses.Is anyone else not able to access TTk on a second console like we always have been able to?

ocean

Banned
I asked this before but got no answer from Bungie but now am i correct in assuming Bungie updated their policy 10 hours ago to now say they dont support gamesharing?

Funny cause the base game and both dlcs were playable on two consoles as its always been the case that you get 2 licenses.Is anyone else not able to access TTk on a second console like we always have been able to?
Still works. My brother and I have been playing at the same time.

First mission was amazing, my first drop was a 250 attack legendary hand cannon Down and Doubt 00-0 which is super good. It's a bit weird replacing most of my legendary armor and weapons with greens and blues, but I'm loving all of the changes so far.

They haven't officially said anything but yes, everyone who was game sharing TDB/HOW on PS4 has found only the primary system is TTK enabled. I believe it still works on xbox one however, so who knows if its intended or not. On Xbox One while TK is shared if you bought the CE items only the primary gets them.

Ended the main story missions and did some post game (lol) missions stuff.

Got stuck at 216 I think, where I can find more gear to enter the weekly?

Unfortunately its pretty brutal. You can earn 25 legendary marks a day via heroic story, but the mobs are light 240 so if you aren't close you will get wrecked. You can 3 man it though and get carried basically. You can also earn 15 marks via PVP, can just sit there and do whatever and you will get 15. Its a weird disparity.

Beyond that engrams give loot based on your current light level, so it behooves you to slowly work it up and avoid decoding too much at once, instead decode a little, raise light level, rinse and repeat. You can get gear from strikes, engrams, faction leveling, and wandering around the dreadnaught doing patrol stuff and events. Its extremely slow.

I think most people are going to be in for a shock this weekend when they want to raid and are only light level 220-240, which is pretty much what you come out of the story mode. You'll probably need light 280 to raid, and I think its going to take a good 2-3 weeks for most people to farm up the marks to get that far. With infusions especially its not simple to explain how to get that light level up, but basically get an item and destroy a higher level item to raise its light level.

Also not sure how people are hitting gunsmith rank 2, I came in today at 310/1500 doing all the bounties last week, did 3 of the 4 this week and I'm at 1060/1500. The only one left is the crucible rocket launcher, ugh 10 kills needed, don't think thats going to give me 441 rep.

First mission was amazing, my first drop was a 250 attack legendary hand cannon Down and Doubt 00-0 which is super good. It's a bit weird replacing most of my legendary armor and weapons with greens and blues, but I'm loving all of the changes so far.

Yeah, leveling armor was a nice touch , I am keeping the chest pieces in case Bungie adds a transmog vendor later on

shermas

Gally still works well for melting bosses... just FYI.

I keep trying some other 240 or 250 machine guns I've picked up, then I go back to my 170 boss melter and it just feels right. :p

ocean

Banned
They haven't officially said anything but yes, everyone who was game sharing TDB/HOW on PS4 has found only the primary system is TTK enabled. I believe it still works on xbox one however, so who knows if its intended or not. On Xbox One while TK is shared if you bought the CE items only the primary gets them.

Unfortunately its pretty brutal. You can earn 25 legendary marks a day via heroic story, but the mobs are light 240 so if you aren't close you will get wrecked. You can 3 man it though and get carried basically. You can also earn 15 marks via PVP, can just sit there and do whatever and you will get 15. Its a weird disparity.

Beyond that engrams give loot based on your current light level, so it behooves you to slowly work it up and avoid decoding too much at once, instead decode a little, raise light level, rinse and repeat. You can get gear from strikes, engrams, faction leveling, and wandering around the dreadnaught doing patrol stuff and events. Its extremely slow.

I think most people are going to be in for a shock this weekend when they want to raid and are only light level 220-240, which is pretty much what you come out of the story mode. You'll probably need light 280 to raid, and I think its going to take a good 2-3 weeks for most people to farm up the marks to get that far. With infusions especially its not simple to explain how to get that light level up, but basically get an item and destroy a higher level item to raise its light level.

Also not sure how people are hitting gunsmith rank 2, I came in today at 310/1500 doing all the bounties last week, did 3 of the 4 this week and I'm at 1060/1500. The only one left is the crucible rocket launcher, ugh 10 kills needed, don't think thats going to give me 441 rep.
Secondary accounts do get TTK. Just not pre order bonuses (Suros pack etc).

It's another word for Transmog in a sense. You like an armors/weapons looks/stats/perks. You can boosts it's power so it's not dragging you down in light.

Right, but which item remains and which item is destroyed? A lower light item needs a higher light item to be infused in order to make the lower light item more powerful... or something?

ich00

Ok, so just to make sure there are no hurt feelings or confusion, I need to sort of out who signed up here...

https://www.the100.io/game/320992

R0ckman, did you sign up with a different PSN? Because some other people joined that I didn't see reply. I don't know how to add people so I assumed you signed up on the site and joined after you posted. Who here is HawkianX1 and Jeartal? Of course you are always welcome, but I believe rockman replied around 4 hours ago so I'm just trying to sort it out so everything is fair and there's no frustration.

Hawk joined in to hold a spot for my friend, I'm not sure who Jeartal is tho.

Frenden

Banned
How many marks per dismantled item? Tempted to dismantle all my shit for two of my characters to get the first to a Nightfall/Heroic level if it would be enough.

ocean

Banned
I want to know how infusion works. Nothing I've read makes sense. Probably just going to have to learn the hard way.
You have a TTK Legendary Chest piece with 240 Defense and like the stats and perks on it.

You later get a 260 Defense TTK Legendary Chest piece but don't like its perks or the way it looks.

Solution: you inspect your original, 240 Defense Chest. At the far right you'll see an Infuse option which costs 3 Legendary Marks, a Mote of Light and some Glimmer. Once selected, it will prompt you to pick which item you'll infuse. Note that it has to be the same class, and it must have higher defense than the one you're upgrading. You select to sacrifice the ugly 260

Your old chest piece will have consumed the new one and emerge at 258 Defense. Very close, but not at the same level, as the sacrificed piece.

Works the same for weapons.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gally still works well for melting bosses... just FYI.

I keep trying some other 240 or 250 machine guns I've picked up, then I go back to my 170 boss melter and it just feels right. :p
Wolfpack Rounds are affected by Weapons of Light now
What's the best bet for grabbing legendary armour? I'm still on all greens :'(
That's not actually a priority yet so much as finding stuff with higher attack and defense. I'm thinking you aren't really getting straight answers because nobody really knows the most efficient way to do anything yet. You're level 40 already? Played through all the story? Start doing some quests, bounties to rank up your Faction, explore the dreadnaught, play some Crucible if you feel like it, and see what you wind up with.

Just checking, have you bought a Ghost from the speaker yet, and do you have a Class Item with a decent amount of defense too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom