• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the hell did you get to 260???

What happened in the last few hours since I went to sleep. People were convene with 240 then D:
It's called having a lot of heavy ammo, orbs, materials to lvl up factions for packages. That's the secret ;)

The people who are higher must've had insane amounts. Or good drops.

Yes. You take a higher lvled item and destroy it to raise the power of the lower.

You have a TTK Legendary Chest piece with 240 Defense and like the stats and perks on it.

You later get a 260 Defense TTK Legendary Chest piece but don't like its perks or the way it looks.

Solution: you inspect your original, 240 Defense Chest. At the far right you'll see an Infuse option which costs 3 Legendary Marks, a Mote of Light and some Glimmer. Once selected, it will prompt you to pick which item you'll infuse. Note that it has to be the same class, and it must have higher defense than the one you're upgrading. You select to sacrifice the ugly 260

Your old chest piece will have consumed the new one and emerge at 258 Defense. Very close, but not at the same level, as the sacrificed piece.

Works the same for weapons.

Oh ok. I get it now. Thanks for clarifying guys. I think I was over-complicating it.

BraXzy

Wolfpack Rounds are affected by Weapons of Light now

That's not actually a priority yet so much as finding stuff with higher attack and defense. I'm thinking you aren't really getting straight answers because nobody really knows the most efficient way to do anything yet. You're level 40 already? Played through all the story? Start doing some quests, bounties to rank up your Faction, explore the dreadnaught, play some Crucible if you feel like it, and see what you wind up with.

Just checking, have you bought a Ghost from the speaker yet, and do you have a Class Item with a decent amount of defense too?

Story is finished, doing some strikes atm. I have a decent ghost, artifact and cloak. Will keep at it and see what gives me my first legendary :)

Frenden

Banned
I could get eighteen marks if I dismantled all but my highest armor pieces and weapons. I guess I'm better off waiting until tomorrow's PvP daily.

Damn, rngesus (or maybe just smart loot) really came through today. After going through year one without ever finding any of the three PS exclusives, Rahool gave me my first ever hawkmoon (year one version) about 10 minutes in from the veteran quest, and capped off my play session by turning a legendary engram into a year two 4th Horseman. The hawkmoon was outclassed early, but it was great fun to roll through the first couple missions with it.

Curiously, the year two horseman didn't grant the year one blueprint, and replacing it uses an exotic shard, not legendary marks. (The year one hawkmoon did grant the year two though)

Lol

tumblr_inline_nu6vf2alXt1qfebbv_540.png

So far

Bad:
-Being underleveled
-Using weakass green weapons while being underleveled (lost count of how many times I was trying out a cool weapon, only to swap it back out for Gjallarhorn and Fatebringer when things got too tough)
-The Nighstalker's first jump.
-Story missions too short and easy
-Being lost/ Quests being difficult to follow or too difficult/unable to complete.
-Legendary Marks being scarce.

Good:
-Everything else

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
290 def I for year 2 exotics...I think I am better off getting the two pieces no?
I really don't have any idea yet but probably. I guess it depends how much the exotic you're wearing at the same time is dragging your average down. and if they're weighted differently or not I suppose

Still works. My brother and I have been playing at the same time.

Ok so you bought TTk on one console and it works on your bros console which i suppose has your profile on it and both are accessing ttk like the previous expansions?

If so may I ask which console purchased TTk the primary or subaccount and which console were the previous expansion purchased on?

Sorry if these are detailed questions i just want to know before i am forced to purchase the digital collectors ed on my sons console which hasnt purchased anything vesides the base game.

Seeing as it looks like armor materials have been consolidated, there's nothing else for me to do with the old mats (Plasteel Plating) other than turning in for faction rep right?

Sweet mother of mercy people have played a lot today. I'll get online in a bit if people are still doing stuff. No idea where to spend my time though, haha.

Is the goal to hit 290 Light for the Raid? Earlier it sounded like people thought even 280 was a pipe dream.

Seriously, how? Everyone at 280+ should tell us how they got there.

Court of Oryx. The drops get better depending on your light level. Those two blue armour pieces have more light than the vendor gear. Infused my Sword to 284, Exotic Class item. Eris rank 5 for the Artifact and the sniper was from the nightfall.

Lnkn52

Sweet mother of mercy people have played a lot today. I'll get online in a bit if people are still doing stuff. No idea where to spend my time though, haha.

Is the goal to hit 290 Light for the Raid? Earlier it sounded like people thought even 280 was a pipe dream.
I'm going to play the story at 10 pm if you're down for it.

X-Frame

I hit the motherload for a Scout Rifle roll:

A high-impact class scout rifle with Triple Tap, Hand-Laid Stock for stability, and Firefly
gtuPGkZh.jpg

PXebiaFh.jpg

heyWcP7h.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
yea i'm gonna stop reading this thread. already feeling left behind even though i have no reason to rush.
haha it's straight madness, people gonna be at 600 light by the time i get home from work tomorrow

edit: Ahhhhhghffffff OMOLON SO SEXY

Rtas

had the worst luck with engrams today, got not one but 3 year 1 bad juju's no PS exclusives now that theyve been unlocked on Xbox one, I am so desperate for a hawkmoon.

Don't know how people have been getting so damn high up the light level, I stopped about an hour ago and got to 230 and haven't even started working on my other characters yet.

THE GRIND IS REAL

I'm going to play the story at 10 pm if you're down for it.

I already did the story this morning but that was basically it. I could either do it again on my Hunter or just do other stuff with my Titan while you ran the story (only takes a couple hours).

I want to focus on leveling up for the raid but nothing makes sense right now, lol. Blues with higher Light than Purples? How did they manage to make leveling progression so much more confusing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom