• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rtas

Am I the only one loving the pure unadulterated damage and room clearing ability of the Warlocks new subclass. I managed to clear an entire mini boss fight using only my insanely quick charging super. Never felt more dark side in my life.

unlimited-power-o.gif

Sweet mother of mercy people have played a lot today. I'll get online in a bit if people are still doing stuff. No idea where to spend my time though, haha.

Is the goal to hit 290 Light for the Raid? Earlier it sounded like people thought even 280 was a pipe dream.

in how long will you be on? i've been playing since launch, ji66a and unstable went to bed an hour ago. i'm up for more..

Lnkn52

I already did the story this morning but that was basically it. I could either do it again on my Hunter or just do other stuff with my Titan while you ran the story (only takes a couple hours).

I want to focus on leveling up for the raid but nothing makes sense right now, lol. Blues with higher Light than Purples? How did they manage to make leveling progression so much more confusing?
I'll be up all night. I'll hit you up to see if you're down for stuff.

This goes for anyone else playing tonight.

DjRalford

I already did the story this morning but that was basically it. I could either do it again on my Hunter or just do other stuff with my Titan while you ran the story (only takes a couple hours).

I want to focus on leveling up for the raid but nothing makes sense right now, lol. Blues with higher Light than Purples? How did they manage to make leveling progression so much more confusing?

Yeah it's baffling but it appears your rewarded with slightly better gear based on what you have at the time, makes sense in a way as the first legendary i got was 242, from there i got 243,245,252,253,258 Light Gear as i progressed.

This strikes me as odd though, to progress you have to play a lot by the looks of it, didn't they say they wanted it more compatible with real life?

Wow that first mission (been doing Crucible and class quests most of the day). Still not entirely sold on the whole new take on Light, but I guess they had to find something to slow us down.

Well...slow some of us down apparently.

Kalamari

So how does infusing work? I haven't tried it yet. Can you infuse as many times as you want or is there a limit? Are there diminishing returns past a certain level?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Totally stuck in the mission dread patrol. Can't find the Taken to kill. The mission arrow is pointing across a ravine I can't jump across. Been searching 30 minutes. Sheesh

i'll tell you how :p

my hunter is around 255-260, i'll do high level stuff later when everyone has made it beyond 260, there is a ton of stuff to do. gonna be a real grind to get more than 2 characters raid ready for 18th.

I'm at 222. So many quests.

232. Buried in quests. It's amazing and overwhelming.

yup, make sure you do them with a full fireteam, not solo.

I'll be up all night. I'll hit you up to see if you're down for stuff.

This goes for anyone else playing tonight.

hit me if you and drizzay looking to team up

ElRenoRaven

Am I the only one loving the pure unadulterated damage and room clearing ability of the Warlocks new subclass. I managed to clear an entire mini boss fight using only my insanely quick charging super. Never felt more dark side in my life.

unlimited-power-o.gif

You're not alone. I was hardcore void lock before this. Now It's all about that Sith baby.

Purples typically have better/more perks. So it's understandable from that end.

RoKKeR

unlimited-power-o.gif

It's so fucking good, easily the best super in the game.

Plus, now that shaders map to helmets Warlocks w/Light Beyond Nemesis now look more bad ass than ever. That year one shader... so good.

Strider

The quests. They just keep coming. Holy shit.

Gonna call it here for today though at light level 221. I'm so tired.. Been up since 3 am...

Hopefully we can get a crucible train going tomorrow. I need to do that Last Word mission.

unlimited-power-o.gif

All the new classes are pretty terrifying to go up against in Crucible. The Titan is basically a souped up Gunslinger with a ton of shots/options. The Darth Wizard is fast and quickly runs through everyone. And the Hunter-Hunter has that tether and void bolt trick.

Totally stuck in the mission dread patrol. Can't find the Taken to kill. The mission arrow is pointing across a ravine I can't jump across. Been searching 30 minutes. Sheesh

I know exactly where you are... try to pull out your ghost... it should show you the bridge across that ravine.

Stand at the ravine and whip out your ghost. He will scan and you will see where to jump.

Those two blue armour pieces have more light than the vendor gear.

I'm sorry but that's just flat-out bad game design. It makes no sense and doesn't match the visual/UI design. The original progression system had plenty of problems but one thing it did extremely well was the feeling of moving from white to green to blue to purple with a splash of yellow. Now all we care about is the light number which is determined by who knows what?

Positive note: the new story is great. New missions have a lot of great moments. Much better writing and characterizations. Nolandroid gives much better line readings than the vanilla stuff even though I still don't care much for the tone/style.

Kade

So is there any point or benefit to picking up the vanilla, TDB and HOW quests from the Abandoned Quests terminal and completing them? I hate that they don't auto-complete based on having done them prior to 2.0. What I hate even more is having them in there, incomplete.

deadduck

Done the weekly (shield brothers) at 252 light, with a 259 and a matchmade 240. Took a while and challenge, but OK.

So impressed so far, only done my warlock, but they've clearly put a lot of thought and effort in making the levels feel very different.

Love the leaps of faith in the dreadnought, found some sneaky areas I don't have keys for.

I was thinking the enemies might be a reskin, but they've done some interesting things with them. I thought fallen wire rifles were bad... They are on another level now.

No idea how I'm gonna get to 280 light without buying everything from the vanguard.

I'm tired.

neoism

Sweet mother of mercy people have played a lot today. I'll get online in a bit if people are still doing stuff. No idea where to spend my time though, haha.

Is the goal to hit 290 Light for the Raid? Earlier it sounded like people thought even 280 was a pipe dream.

gonna say really hate that bungie is opening the raid friday... its ashame its maken poeple rush through everything even though they would probably do it anyway. they should have just given us a week. im taken my sweet time with the story..

even though id love to do the raid with 5 other first timers...im just to slow lol

i mean i played about 12 hours today and only got to 211 light

neoism

unlimited-power-o.gif

yeah i really want to make one now... would anyone tell me does the third class have a jump ability or is it just float still

Purples typically have better/more perks. So it's understandable from that end.

I get what you're saying but perks have never been remotely as relevant as Light. A big part of the issue is that afaik we still don't know the damage scaling versus enemies of different levels and/or Light than us. Raid is Lv42 (heroic?) but level cap is 40 and Light seems way more important. What Light are enemies at Lv42? Is it actually reasonable to take a 5 Light penalty to wear Purples with better perks?

I know it's still the first day and things will become clearer over time but man they're bad at communicating relevant information, either in-game or PR info.

gonna say really hate that bungie is opening the raid friday... its ashame its maken poeple rush through everything even though they would probably do it anyway. they should have just given us a week. im taken my sweet time with the story..

even though id love to do the raid with 5 other first timers...im just to slow lol

i mean i played about 12 hours today and only got to 211 light

Yeah totally agree. It was the first thing I thought when they announced the raid release. The cynic in me thinks they wanted to make World's First and blind raid clears take longer since so many people wouldn't have proper prep time. One week would have been perfect, 3 days is.... oof.

He's the fucking worst. The best line Dinklebot ever said in the game was "where's his Ghost?". It was actually full of emotion and he sounded afraid. Nolan fucked it right up. Actually annoyed me.

Have you heard any of his new lines? I didn't super like any of the re-done lines, but all his new stuff, I really like.

Baliis

Man, I picked up just a green Suros scout rifle and it feels so good to shoot. Such a satisfying thunk every time you pull the trigger.

Yeah totally agree. It was the first thing I thought when they announced the raid release. The cynic in me thinks they wanted to make World's First and blind raid clears take longer since so many people wouldn't have proper prep time. One week would have been perfect, 3 days is.... oof.

i can just feel the raid is going to be fantastic...some of the stuff we've seen in patrols, quests etc is so frikin' cool that can't even imagine how those mechanics would work in the raid.

neoism

posting again sick of getting last post.....😒

so did anyone else do this quest today ???

Crucible Combat

if so want did you get for you reward wondering if mine was glitched or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom