• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paertan

I did the NF. I'm not sure if it's a random strike now. But it was tough. We were around 250 at the time though.

The higher your light level, the higher rates gear will RNG for you. As you get closer to 280, 280+ items will drop.

Ah seems logical. Always thought your regular level was all that mattered. Wonder where it tops of.

GhaleonEB

That strike with the dark room at the end. Excellent, unique stuff. I like that the loot drops directly from the bosses - loot pinatas! Light 200 now, almost level 40.

Going to make for an interesting Nightfall. 0_0

dat view

1XlXqgg.jpg

jiiikoo

Banned
That strike with the dark room at the end. Excellent, unique stuff. I like that the loot drops directly from the bosses - loot pinatas! Light 200 now, almost level 40.

Going to make for an interesting Nightfall. 0_0

I like the loot drops from the boss also. But has anyone gotten any loot from the Strike where you have to kill the 3 dudes on Mars? Everytime I get that, I keep killing the three bosses but nothing just drops :eek:

killroy87

Sorry if this has been asked, but am I able to buy that $20 pack of shaders and dances? I'd like to throw my money away, but can't seem to figure out how.

tumblr_inline_n9aawpPHLL1qf5fl2.gif

Ranked up the Crucible and instead of getting a cool new legendary weapon I got 3 Iron Medallions.

Thanks Bungie. It's like my first 3 Iron Banner losses in Destiny 2.0 are free...

Valbaara how on earth are you light 288. I call haxx.

zewone

Its nothing special, at this point I just want to get my light up to do the heoric strikes and nightfall, I will work on getting the exact stats etc I want later.

The legendary is 220 defense, the blue is 245. Any idea what the legendary would infuse to roughly anyone?
Around 240. Any infusion ends up just under the higher number.

Man, I really wish that they would have made leveling up take longer. I turned in like seven bounties and jumped up three levels. I'm loving all the new changes, though. Feels great to essentially "start over" and start building up your Guardian from the bottom, so to speak.

Going forward, I hope there are still People in Destiny GAF who still want to run Vault of Glass and the Crota strike. I've only done Vault of Glass once and never done the second raid. Now that I'm all caught up I can't wait to see everything that I've missed!

Light level definitely makes a huge difference in harder content. Tried the heroic daily story right after I finished story when I was light 230 and got wrecked, everything was red color and was 1-2 shotting me while taking a mag to kill.

Went back in just now before bed at light 245 and found it much easier, solo'd all the way to oryx then invited 2 random lfg'ers to finish (didn't want to wipe for an hour, probably could have solo'd him too). Crap weapons too like a sniper/handgun/LMG, I'm sure once light is higher and weapons are better it'll be even easier.

So yeah I wouldn't really go into the raid or nightfall under the recommended light level.

Definity

I gotta call it a night at light 250....need sleep! Bungie did an excellent job on the story stuff and the raid is going to be nuts after seeing that last mission.

Paertan

Is there any point in keeping old exotic gear? I liked my Bad Juju but it's not usable anymore

Crucible? Same with legendaries I guess. I have an inventory full of them but will dismantle when I get home. Keep the Exotics and the shotgun I have for Crucible until I get an equal Year 2 shotgun or a good Fusion rifle.

haven't done it yet so i can (maybe) get on and help you.. no idea if i'm high enough light yet

TO THE PS4

I had to check myself. Recommended Light is 240. I'm 218 now, such a scrub ;_;

Doing the daily Crucible now to get the Marks there since there's no Light requirement. I can probably snag a package or two and get my Light up some more before attempting the Daily Story.

So if you only play PVP, how will a guy earn his lengendary marks?

doing one of the daily PVP thing for them will only give you 15 marks per day..

wtf have bungie done

GlamFM

Banned
So if you only play PVP, how will a guy earn his lengendary marks?

doing one of the daily PVP thing for them will only give you 15 marks per day..

wtf have bungie done

The hardest Strike playlist gives you marks.

You (and I) should easily reach the weekly cap without PvP.

EDIT: I read this entirely wrong - sorry :(

Raybunny

Doing the daily Crucible now to get the Marks there since there's no Light requirement. I can probably snag a package or two and get my Light up some more before attempting the Daily Story.

I can help you with the daily. Hop in! lets do this.

Silvard

I can go with you but it wouldn't be a carry. I'm 211 myself.

Soooo...

It was 4am today, I'd made up my mind, I will get my Warlock high enough to be RAID READY.

CPANNHOU8AE1ODP.jpg:large

This is the end results.

I'm going to bed (I hope so), Goodnight guys and gals!

I can......with my casual level 34 :p might not work out that well and be a very long time but i promise we will beat it....
So casual don't even know what the recommended light is ha

Kyne

primary quests;

The Vanguard's Hand 25
High-Value Targets NA
Neverending Battle 25
Neverending Battle NA
The Taken War - Venus 20
The Taken War - Earth 20
The Taken War - Mars NA

you then have your weekly activities;

Vanguard Heroic Strike 10 (can run x3)

and then your daily activities;

Daily Crucible 15
Daily Story 15

and the whenever;

Dismantling Unleveled Legendary 3
Dismantling Fully Leveled Legendary 4-5

so basically after doing all the the quests the first time you will make 240 a week if you do the daily story/pvp daily/x3 heroic strike.. and then whatever else you get by dismantling stuff.

mhm.

My friend (over 2 decades) that got me into Destiny is on his way to Brazil. He can't take not being able to play during a release. I keep texting him non-spoilery things. It's killing him.

This is brutal!! I haven't seen much but I've seen enough! I so can't wait. Especially seeing commercials. Not to mention I brought a few of my Destiny shirts with me on vacation :p

I feel so behind. I take solace knowing xplicitone is in the same boat.

It sucks!!! It's like the worst. 24 hours almost and it feels like a decade. Hard to miss the biggest expansion we've ever had. You get to play on Friday, right? I just bought the Destiny PS4 while on vacation and I'm downloading the game right now. This is probably just the base game and then tomorrow it'll be downloading the expacs + TTK, I'd imagine. Regardless, I won't get to play until Thursday night at best since I'm going on an 11 hour tour tomorrow. Unless it's ready tomorrow night, but I'll be tired haha. Either method, I'll get to play only about an hour each night at best, nothing normal.

Hopefully we won't be that far behind regardless of when we finally get to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom