• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omie

Just booted up Destiny and ran for the old guard gear, got a primary green engram through that process and it turned out to be a Hawkmoon. I'm on the Xbone so I'm super pumped!

How do you unlock the dreadnaught patrol ?

Cayde, the hunter class trainer, gives you a quest to unlock the dreadnaught patrol. You have to lay down some markers and kill some taken, its super fast and also awards 25 legendary marks. I'm not exactly sure when its available, I did it after I was completely done with the story quests.

I don't know man. lol

Just lots of luck with engrams and packages?

I opened about 7 packages, decrypted at least 100+ blue engrams and about 10 legendary ones today and got nothing but crap.

Class items, legendary weapons with lower attack than blues, etc etc.

We're there any missions/quests you did that guaranteed any legendary items? I find quests now give me items I don't really need and feel it's kind of a waste to do them except for when they have legendary marks as rewards.

Got my Titan to 248 with 115 marks. Not too bad but had very bad luck with drops.

Just lots of luck with engrams and packages?

I opened about 7 packages, decrypted at least 100+ blue engrams and about 10 legendary ones today and got nothing but crap.

Class items, legendary weapons with lower attack than blues, etc etc.

We're there any missions/quests you did that guaranteed any legendary items? I find quests now give me items I don't really need and feel it's kind of a waste to do them except for when they have legendary marks as rewards.

Got my Titan to 248 with 115 marks. Not too bad but had very bad luck with drops.

This is true, but quests gave me so many Marks that I could upgrade my gear to the highest I could get them. Yeah 33% was luck, but the other 67% was grinding. :p

Daily story done. That was quite a challenge. Joined a reddit fireteam, think I died twice versus the other two dying about 10 times each. Checked there characters after and they were 220 light and 222 light. Well then... Note to self, check this beforehand next time.

Another infusion question cause this stuff confuses the crap out of me. I have 220 defence legendary gauntlets and then 239 blue and also 255 blue gauntlets. Is there any reason to infuse the 239 then the 255 or just go straight for the 255?

Has anyone tested to see what happens if you infuse something with a lower defence item?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Annnd Credits. I did it. Bloodborne down. Now I can dive into this tomorrow with a clear conscience.

It's a masterpiece if you were wondering.

GhaleonEB

Played two of the new strikes, Echo Chamber and the dark pit one (can't remember the name just yet). Both excellent. I feel like Bungie is slowly testing out what matchmade players can do in terms of cooperation. So far both of the romps required a fair amount of (unspoken, since I had no mic) cooperation, and they went very smoothly. We covered the artifact bearer like a champ in Echo Chamber.

There are too many neat little details to even list that I made note of tonight. The most recent: the rotating barrier in Echo Chamber pushes ammo and dead bodies along as it goes. Had quite the pile of corpses at one point.

Amazing game. Bungie is reminding everyone where their pedigree came from.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Trying to solo the campaign. Always like to run it through by myself first. Do it with all Bungie games.
This Oryx fight is tough. I'm only level 242 (suggested 240)

Just chaotic

jaaz

Maybe I'm playing it wrong--or I need to unlock the entire subclass--but it seems way to easy to get killed as a Warlock stormcaller in PvP when you activate your super. Meanwhile, Titans are near invincible with the hammer. I get the feeling warlocks got the shaft in PvP in this expansion.

Anastasis

Thanks border for letting me hop into the daily. Super tough but got it done in the end. How hard was it for those who were at the recommended light?

ocean

Banned
Daily story done. That was quite a challenge. Joined a reddit fireteam, think I died twice versus the other two dying about 10 times each. Checked there characters after and they were 220 light and 222 light. Well then... Note to self, check this beforehand next time.

Another infusion question cause this stuff confuses the crap out of me. I have 220 defence legendary gauntlets and then 239 blue and also 255 blue gauntlets. Is there any reason to infuse the 239 then the 255 or just go straight for the 255?

Has anyone tested to see what happens if you infuse something with a lower defence item?
It won't let you infuse something that's lower defense. And doing it twice just means losing more Legendary Marks in the process.

Pick the piece you wanna keep and infuse it with the highest alternative you've got. Note: since getting Marks is now time-gated FarmVille bullshit in this game, don't randomly infuse stuff. I'd say hold off unless you can get a nice Light boost from doing it. No point in paying 3 Marks for 4 extra Light for ex.

What a weird drop system this is. As you get more light the light you find on gear also increases so for example at 220 you might find blues around 230 and legendaries around 240. So now I'm 250 light or something and the blues I'm getting now are better than the legendaries I got a when I was still in the 30s, wat?

Also if I switch some gear around so I can play Crucible the blue items that you get from there are relevant to your current level and not the max level you reached. My max light level weapons are ass and I'm not using any old exotics because of the severe hit to my level. This is dumb as hell.

What a weird drop system this is. As you get more light the light you find on gear also increases so for example at 220 you might find blues around 230 and legendaries around 240. So now I'm 250 light or something and the blues I'm getting now are better than the legendaries I got a when I was still in the 30s, wat?

Also if I switch some gear around so I can play Crucible the blue items that you get from there are relevant to your current level and not the max level you reached. My max light level weapons are ass and I'm not using any old exotics because of the severe hit to my level. This is dumb as hell.
leveling gear after max level is weird.

Juraash

So I am probably in the minority on this one, and my mind may change once I have all the nodes unlocked, but I really want to get the leveling of Stormcaller over with. The quest to get it was neat, but I'm not feeling it at all. I much, much prefer Voidwalker.

Homeboyd

I just encountered a player wearing the Darkblade Helm. That's the weird Hive helmet someone posted a picture of last week.
Drops from one of the shield brothers in their strike. Think it's only at 240 or 260 or something though so has to be infused for max.

Sky Walker

Can anyone help me going through the daily ? I need to finish is before I go to sleep. My light lvl is 227. I went through half of it for now.

Psn skywalker_3li

Skele7on

Banned
Launch party was crazy fun

Got the collectors edition for free.

I have not slept in 24 hours

Raid grind is real.

Help me god.

The game is just incredible

Zoidberg

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to ever use a striker again. Defender, sure, when PVE raids/nightfalls calls for support, but there is just no choice in between sunbreaker and striker for damage.

TP-DK

Just to be completely sure; we can dismantle year one legendaries now right? Bungie kept saying to wait untill TTK but I dont really see what else we can do with them.

When you enter the Vanguard playlist on the map, there are three icons. The one on the left is blacked out for me. What is it?

Ideally, is it a playlist somewhere between 41 (too high, at the moment) and 20 (too low)?

TP-DK

When you enter the Vanguard playlist on the map, there are three icons. The one on the left is blacked out for me. What is it?

Ideally, is it a playlist somewhere between 41 (too high, at the moment) and 20 (too low)?

I think its 36, and I beleive you unlock it during the story quests.

maomaoIYP

I'm kind of upset that (early cutscene spoiler)
Mara Sov dies and no one else bats an eyelid, not even Petra. She was my favourite NPC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom